Packers vs.Redskins Game Predictions from CheeseheadTV.com

GAME PREDICTIONS Week 11

Green Bay Packers vs. Washington Redskins

Name Record   Pick Prediction
Adam 16-0 Green Bay Packers
Adam receives an automatic wn for the entire season - 16-0.
Jersey Al 3-6 Green Bay Packers 28-20
It's been awful year for my having any idea of what this team is going to do. At this point it's more about having hope than attempting to guess right. So I'm trying out reverse psychology here and picking them to win when I normally would have picked a loss here. Maybe Matthews' return inspires the defense to not suck and Rodgers has a big day. Hey, it could happen.
Andrew 4-5 Washington Redskins 24-17
It's really hard to count on the Packers right now. The offense is iffy and the defense hasn't always stepped up when the offense falters. Washington isn't a great team but they can move the ball with Kirk Cousins and they play solid defense. Feels like that shouldn't be enough but I suspect it is.
Cory 5-4 Washington Redskins 30-27
I have zero confidence in the Packers right now. Combine that with a Redskins team that is figuring it out offensively and you've got a toxic mix. The wild card is Jared Cook. If he is dynamic and eats up the middle, Green Bay has hope.
Jason 6-3 Washington Redskins 38-17
I feel like my score predictions are a broken record lately.  On the road against a good offense after seeing what Tennessee's mediocre offense did last week, I can't see it turning out any better than this.  Until I see this Packers team rise up and play competitively for 60 minutes, I can't pick them.  Too much for this Packers secondary to defend and that's if they can begin by stopping the run without Jake Ryan.  A tough time for this match up and one that too heavily favors Washington.
Jayme 4-5 Green Bay Packers 24-21
Right now every bone in my body tells me that Washington is playing like and is the better team and should hands down win this game. However, I think we all know a true diehard Packers fans that could use a win right now, personally I need a win right now. So I'm throwing this one up to the football gods. Packers win, because the football gods know we need it.
Michelle 5-4 Green Bay Packers 27-24
This is a terrific stat: over the last six weeks, the Packers are 2-0 in primetime and 0-4 during the day. Given their play recently, the Packers haven’t demonstrated a lot of other reasons to pick them this week, so I’m just predicting that trend continues.
Ross 5-4 Washington Redskins 28-22
I've given up on this group of Packers.  I maybe haven given up on this group if they had Damarious Randall, Sam Shields, Jared Cook and Clay Matthews, but they don't, or at least they won't have them all Sunday.  Until the team shows me that they can win a game against a competent team I'm not going to pick them to win one.  They don't embarrass themselves, but they don't win either.
Zach 5-4 Green Bay Packers 34-24
It's getting hard not to predict a loss for the Packers this week; but my optimism stands strong. Matthews' return will be huge for the defense.
Mr. X 4-5 Green Bay Packers 31-30
The Packers finally get some luck breaks and win a game despite being outplayed. That's as positive as I can be right now.

__________________________

"Jersey Al" Bracco is the Editor-In-Chief, part owner and wearer of many hats for CheeseheadTV.com and PackersTalk.com. He is also a recovering Mason Crosby truther.

Amanofthenorth's picture

November 18, 2016 at 09:48 pm

It's an impressive victory.

Tarynfor12's picture

November 18, 2016 at 11:05 pm

" WINTER IS COMING"....however it won't have the same magical feel at Lambeau Field as has often been awaited.

Washington 27
Green Bay 23

Ferrari Driver's picture

November 19, 2016 at 12:22 am

I have a bleak outlook for this game.

Regarding Adam who is a super guy: He is very ill and if you have the time and the inclination, I'm confident he could use a few words from his football friends.

Here is the link I use to make comments and pass along my prayers: https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/adamspack?utm_source=SilverpopTransac...(11.24.15)

carusotrap's picture

November 19, 2016 at 03:41 am

Yeah, I've got one more green and gold glasses pick in me: 37-33.

No, I have no reason other than hope.

Hematite's picture

November 19, 2016 at 05:21 am

The "football gods" have hated the Green Bay Packers ever since they won their 13th world title.
Must be something about the number 13.
Redskins by 6.
Packers, out of timeouts, run out of time on the Skins 19 yard line ending the game.

November 19, 2016 at 05:43 am

I'm an optimist, but no TJ Lang against a Washington team that has logged at least 3 sacks in each of its last 5 games? I'm doing my best to help the Packers by playing all my Redskins in fantasy this week, but I suspect that won't be enough of a jinx. Washington 30-20.

Samson's picture

November 19, 2016 at 08:32 pm

I forgot about TJ being out until I read your post. -- Not good. Four quarters of Barclay could get AR hurt.

Rossonero's picture

November 19, 2016 at 07:00 am

Something about the bright lights of Sunday night football might be enough to finally wake up the Packers. The return of Clay Matthews and Jared Cook is what gives me hope. Perhaps Christine Michael can even give us a spark on a few carries.

What worries me is that DeSean Jackson is back against our awful secondary. Don Barclay surprisingly played well at Tennessee, but he still worries me at RG while TJ Lang is out. Kirk Cousins has only fallen below 260 passing yards once this season. He's playing real well and handled Minnesota last week.

Packers 27, Redskins 26.

November 19, 2016 at 08:46 am

The past record of this coaching staff had been to be able to coach-up the stand-ins on the OL when they had a full week to prep them. There were bumps in the road on that last year, but Barclay was credible last week. Hopefully, he'll be passable. I think he's the key piece on offense this week.

November 19, 2016 at 07:26 am

I'm going to go with the packers in this one. But only if they put Mathews back Inside! He is the leader of our defense.

Since'61's picture

November 19, 2016 at 09:30 am

Packers 30 - 20.
Cook, C. Michaels, Monty and CM3 all contribute in upset by the Pack. Weather could be a factor here on the East coast. Gusty winds expected for Sunday as a cold front moves in.
In any case Go Pack Go! Thanks, Since '61

Bearmeat's picture

November 19, 2016 at 09:43 am

There's no reason to pick GB this week. None.

Bearmeat's picture

November 19, 2016 at 11:14 am

Look, for those of you who downvote me for saying that our favorite team looks like crap:

What objective reason do you have to pick GB? In the past month, How has our secondary looked? Run D? Pass rush? Rushing O? Special teams? Even the passing O?

There is not ONE aspect of our favorite team that has been efficient or deadly on a consistent basis. Not one. And Washington is a quality opponent. The entire NFCE this year is better than it has been as a whole in a decade.

Tarynfor12's picture

November 19, 2016 at 02:39 pm

And yet others who pick a loss get likes.....clique.

jlc1's picture

November 19, 2016 at 04:30 pm

Sorry folks but the last two weeks plus the final drive against Atlanta has made this team look like one that is ready to completely fall apart. The better bet is that is what they are going to do. However the numbers say the really key games for the Pack are the remaining division games so the fact is they need a win now to make those numbers real. This team and coaching staff does not seem up to that challenge. Skins 33 Pack 16.

Samson's picture

November 19, 2016 at 08:28 pm

Neither CM3 or Cook were playing lights out before they were injured, so I expect very little from either. In fact it'll be interesting to see if CM3 can even last the entire game.

This game will be determined (once again) by the play of AR. --- If he is inconsistent or only plays well after GB falls behind (-14 or more), then the Pack is doomed. If AR can look like an MVP for 4 quarters, anything goes -- even on the road.

jbromusic's picture

November 20, 2016 at 01:58 am

i think jason is the closest. i'm thinking 35-17 skins but i REALLY hope i'm wrong.

jh9's picture

November 20, 2016 at 07:59 am

No pick, but an observation:
The Packers season is circling around the drain. If they can't pull it together and win this game, the poop is down the chute.