#PackersDaily: Oh look, a pass rush

Aaron chats with Packers fans worldwide about all things Green and Gold.

Earlier this morning, I held my Packers chat over on our YouTube channel talking all things Green and Gold.

Be sure to subscribe to the channel if you'd like to participate in future chats.

You can also listen to the podcast here:

Find all of my daily podcasts here.

TarynsEyes's picture

December 08, 2020 at 09:57 am

Oh look, a pass rush against an OL that a High School DL can crush.

TheVOR's picture

December 08, 2020 at 10:51 am

You beat me to it, LMAO...

PackerAaron's picture

December 08, 2020 at 12:23 pm

And if they hadn't crushed it, you'd be bitching about that. At least you're consistent, Taryn.

TarynsEyes's picture

December 08, 2020 at 12:49 pm

Yes, to not crush the worst OL in the NFL wouldn't be equal to crushing the worst OL in the NFL, it would deserve harsher criticism.

I get it, I do. The Packers are on the road to another pretty record and I cha-chinged again with this win, but the truth is this team hasn't played to the level of defense needed for when playoffs time arrives. Hopefully, it comes to fruition, but I will never cast aside easily that which is so blatantly obvious a detriment, and that makes me a fan and not a weekly denier of what's in clear view.

fastmoving's picture

December 08, 2020 at 01:06 pm

Haaaa, you got a view and even a clear one. And you know the truth???
Now we understand you!

"People" who think that highly from themself must be real smart.......and missed a lot in life.
Dont know if you even know what "Fan" means. But hey, enjoy yourself, you may be the only one...............

TarynsEyes's picture

December 08, 2020 at 01:46 pm

I offer my opinions based on what I see, and have never declared them to be 'THE TRUTH' and have never required anyone to believe these opinions or to be accepted, as absolutes, and I do have a regard for myself and many others here who are smart and some smarter than me I'm sure.

As to the meaning of 'Fan', I believe you have and perhaps always misconstrued being a fan with belonging to a clique. I never liked clique people, as I like to think for myself, express my opinion, love being outside the box when necessary, and why I butt heads with so many here, you know, clique people, of which you are no doubt, a leading member.

You seem to get so angry whenever a disagreeing opinion is put forth in the name of being a fan, which your definition is. 'Either you agree with the clique or you can't be an asshat.'

I'll leave you to mingle with the asshats.

HighPlainsDrifter's picture

December 09, 2020 at 06:00 am

Taryn continues to promote her "opinions based on what I see" mantra. It is truly remarkable to see someone who is so proud of rejecting facts and statistics.

Ferrari-Driver's picture

December 08, 2020 at 02:14 pm

I think Taryn's point is that the Eagles have been the most porous offensive line and Wentz the most sacked QB in the league. The Packers essentially did what we, as Packer fans, would have expected given the empirical data. Taryn likely feels like our performance was certainly wonderful to see for a change but perhaps not as special as you would have us believe. Both of you are Packer fans...be nice.

Guam's picture

December 08, 2020 at 03:00 pm

Good perspective FD, thanks.

TarynsEyes's picture

December 08, 2020 at 03:36 pm

"Taryn likely feels like our performance was certainly wonderful to see for a change but perhaps not as special as you would have us believe."

Pygnalion Effect with some here.

Many here believe, their views of expectations/achievements must dictate that the play/result has to be near/equal to those expectations/achievements, simply because they create them.

They have the right to believe such and I have the same right to disagree.

HighPlainsDrifter's picture

December 09, 2020 at 06:01 am

"Pygmalion" Effect, spelled with a "m". And, consistent with the misspelling, your example is an incorrect interpretation of the theory.

This is what happens when a science denier like Taryn tries to invoke a scientific theory.

fastmoving's picture

December 08, 2020 at 12:59 pm

education, stats and brains are the enemy of the orange people. A lot of drama queen these days.

Hell this is about football, nothing for crybabies......nothing for the weak. We got a pass rush!!

GREEN BAY STRONG

mbpacker's picture

December 08, 2020 at 11:03 am

I'm going to go fix me a grilled cheesehead Tv sandwich. Hey, Nags that would look good on a sweat or T-shirt with a nifty slogan.

Bure9620's picture

December 08, 2020 at 08:04 pm

Nah

Lphill's picture

December 08, 2020 at 12:01 pm

When you have a 4 man front , it he!ps the pass rush , imagine it took this long for Pettine to finally get it! Now that Winn is out for the rest of the season maybe we will see Rush on the field.

Stroh's picture

December 08, 2020 at 09:40 pm

Feel free to explain the difference between a 4 man front and Pettine's preferred rush package of 2 DL and 2 OLB rushing. Its the same personnel either way. And no matter what you call it its the same 4 rushers. There is no difference between a 4 man front and 2 DL and 2 OLB.

Johnblood27's picture

December 08, 2020 at 12:47 pm

OK, I get it, MVS is all-in and committed to being a Play-ah.

Who is coaching this guy?

What about working with him to use his HANDS to actually CATCH the ball?

Baseball, ball above the chest glove turned up, ball below the chest, glove turned down.

There are TECHNIQUES that can be taught to make MVS a better CATCHER of the football.

I would love to see him getting the help he needs to be a better resource for my favorite football team.

PearlyBakerBest's picture

December 08, 2020 at 04:46 pm

He works out with Randy Moss in the off-season who I doubt would waste his time if MVS couldn’t play or didn’t have technique. He’s a head case which is a lot harder to coach. I agree it is certainly frustrating knowing he can do it.

Stroh's picture

December 08, 2020 at 09:44 pm

MVS has the same problem catching as Jmon Moore had. Lack of concentration and poor attention to details. Moore was released for it.

Stroh's picture

December 08, 2020 at 09:33 pm

Hey Nagler. During the chat this morning you mentioned Wolf would have been chastised for trading 2 1st rd picks for Favre. Wolf didn't trade 2 1sts. He traded One 1st, 18 or 19th overall if memory serves., which Atl used on a RB who never succeeded.

He did have 2 1st rd picks that year. The highest being #5, which he used on Terrell Buckley. The 2nd one he used to trade for Favre.