Super Bowl Bets, Predictions, and Thoughts

Since most of us do not have much of a rooting interest in this game, I wanted to look at a few aspects that could get us as Packer fans, somewhat excited for a game not involving the green and gold.  (Most of this will be centered on gambling)

Here is a list of things to root for:

1. Richard Sherman get burned for a couple of long touchdowns: The man is a first ballot hall of famer but he's a punk ass bitch who always has something to say and I can't stand him.

2. Andy Reid to win his first Super Bowl: Andy is an outstanding coach who has literally done everything but win the big game. He's a former Packer, an offensive innovator, and one of the great coaches in this business, he deserves this.

3. Kyle Shanahan to make a colossal mistake late in the game: I root against anyone with the last name Shanahan because I hate the Broncos and do not want to hear all of the stories about a father and son both capturing a Super Bowl Championship.  The Broncos and the Niners have caused plenty of heartbreak for the Packers so there will not be any well wishes headed their way.

4. All of our bets to hit (For obvious reasons)

5. A well played football game (Again, for obvious reasons)

6. A game without controversial calls (but who are we kidding).

Predictions and Odds:

I see two evenly matched teams heading into Sunday's matchup.  The Chiefs are probably the flashier team with explosive skill players and a quarterback who is on the verge of becoming one of the greats in this sport.  On the other side, the Niners defense is one of the most complete units we have seen since the legion of boom.  They lead the league in sacks and have a front seven that makes opposing quarterbacks lives miserable while making their already talented secondary even stronger.  Couple the Niners defense with a running game that can control the clock and keep the Chiefs high flying offense off of the field and you create a legitimate path to victory.

Unfortunately, I think the Niners defense shines and they come away with a 21-17 win.

Fun bets:

1. The length of the National Anthem: Over 2 Minutes 20 seconds

2. Halftime Show: Over 1.5 costume changes

3. Color of the Gatorade dumped on the winning coach: Red

Prop Bets and Parlays:

1. Moneyline parlay: Niners to win and under 54.5

2. Anytime Touchdown Scorer (Same Game Parlay): Travis Kelce, Patrick Mahomes, Raheem Mostert and Deebo Samuel

3. Long Shot Parlay: 2 touchdown scorer match winner parlay: Raheem Mostert/ Niners to win.

Enjoy the Super Bowl everyone!

-------------------

David Michalski is a staff writer for Cheesehead TV. He can be found on Twitter @kilbas27dave

ricky's picture

January 29, 2020 at 11:52 am

Hating Richard Sherman is all in the eye of the beholder. Similar to when Chuck Cecil was playing for the Packers. Fans loved him; the rest of the league considered him to be a dirty player, and maybe even a "punk ass bitch." And speaking of speaking out, seems that Rodgers has a lot to say about off field issues. But since he's a Packer and the Franchise, he gets a pass. Then again, how about Rob Gronkowski? The guy is a one man self promotion explosion.

CAG123's picture

January 29, 2020 at 11:53 am

You guys only hate Richard Sherman because he doesn’t play for the Packers it’s just one of those things. For instance I’ve never hated a Viking more than Jared Allen I hated watching him “rope that cow” multiple times a game but then I found out he was hilarious so the hate died down I still didn’t like that sack celebration though. Point is if Sherman was bringing that energy and play to the Packers nobody would have anything to say about it.

Flow49's picture

January 29, 2020 at 02:38 pm

We all only hate 4th and 26 because it happened to the Packers. If we were eagles fans we’d love it....

CAG123's picture

January 29, 2020 at 02:58 pm

You’re comparing a play that only Packers fans dislike vs a player that multiple fan bases dislike? I don’t know what you were trying to prove with that but it was silly regardless.

jannes bjornson's picture

January 29, 2020 at 04:27 pm

He generally backs his shit. Smart technician. Played on one leg and McCarthy still couldn't scheme him.
My type of player, smart, studies the game. Not a jaybird like DaMarious.

albert999's picture

January 29, 2020 at 01:07 pm

Commissioner Goddell just addressed the league and talked so much about how viewer ship is up all around the world and on mobile devices etc etc and never mentioned anything about stadium attendance is way down in a lot of stadiums and ticket prices are way up and super bowl prices are ridiculous and no reporter brought any of this up at all
THATS BULLSHIT

fastmoving's picture

January 29, 2020 at 03:00 pm

they can only take what they get and people are willing to pay the prices. the NFL is the biggest sport thing in the world and may have more complainer than the NHL fans.

Gooddell is a good commissioner I only wish he would not get the Trump looser away with his BS.

albert999's picture

January 29, 2020 at 05:26 pm

Goddells a rich prick
And I’m sorry soccer is the biggest sport in the world.....The World Cup attendance records and viewership puts the nfl to shame my friend

Lphill's picture

January 29, 2020 at 01:18 pm

I am rooting for the chiefs I think Andy Reid is due , I am also rooting for the number 7 because in my super bowl pool I got 7 dnd 7 , 50 k final score payout.

January 29, 2020 at 02:47 pm

Defense wins. KC -LDE/NT/DT/RDE/LB/LB/LCB/SS/FS/RCB/CB - While Wolf and TT took 5 years. Gute doesn't have that window. Rodgers is older. We just don't have the material KC does. We know Rodgers is going to regress. Why spend any money on offense? When you can draft and fill your needs this year. No defensive Rookie is going to change this defense. The only thing that will change the defense are Veterans. While many have given a variety of reasons to sign Crosby, Martinez, Williams and Bulaga. I say Why? Their worn out! I see 40 mil. dollars on a argument, that they should have never put us in. It's Time to BUY new. Buy new!

jannes bjornson's picture

January 29, 2020 at 04:33 pm

I would bring in Crosby. The rest can fly. Draft OT and WR in the first two rounds. Get a ILB and DT in free agency.
Make some trades to move UP in the draft.

January 29, 2020 at 05:16 pm

5 mil. a year, No matter what. 10 mil. at least guaranteed. Bonus 10 mil. Length at least 2 with a 3rd option. He will be the NFls top paid Kicker. Sorry he isn't the NFLs top kicker!.

albert999's picture

January 29, 2020 at 05:27 pm

You know a better kicker available?

January 29, 2020 at 05:38 pm

I'd take Blankenship. Draft Offense!

CAG123's picture

January 29, 2020 at 06:16 pm

So I take it you've spoken to Crosby and his agent? You do know kickers don't get paid like QBs right? Where the money just increases every year because someone is always topping the last contract. Mason Crosby could settle for 3 million for you know he's 35, he wants to stay and he knows the Packers situation.

buckybadgerbb's picture

January 29, 2020 at 03:20 pm

Calling Sherman "a punk ass bitch" is unbecoming for a staff writer for a network (CheeseheadTV) just gaining some just recognition and status.

Guam's picture

January 29, 2020 at 03:39 pm

I would have given your post 10 thumbs up if I could have.

Handsback's picture

January 29, 2020 at 04:24 pm

Well my picks in NFL games may be sub-par, but my SB guesses are pretty accurate. I really want the Chiefs to win. Don't care about Andy Reid, but the Cheifs owner is a super guy and Mahomes is from Whitehouse, TX. ...not that far from McKinney where I live.

All that said, I really think the 49ers will win. They have the better defense and will be able to make a few more stops than the Chiefs. It should be a good high scoring game. Similar to what we saw when the 49ers played the Saints.

PS If your a player and don't like what Sherman says....catch or throw a few TD against him. That will shut him up!

Lare's picture

January 29, 2020 at 04:24 pm

I only care about the Super Bowl if the Packers are in it. I won't be watching it or any of its 5 hours of pregame and hundreds of commercials.

May the best team win, I hope the officiating doesn't dictate the outcome of the game.

Thegravedigger's picture

January 30, 2020 at 02:04 am

You come on to your packer website and admit to the packer world that you wont be watching the game unless the pack is in it, and you get 2 thumbs down?! Whats not to like about that. Lare loves his team. Let lare be lare i say.

Spock's picture

January 30, 2020 at 07:48 am

Lare, I never watch a Super Bowl that the Packers aren't in either. As for the commercials -the last several years they are always available on some website even before the game. If I'm bored I'll watch some of those, but they will be running eventually on t.v. anyways.

harryolder's picture

May 15, 2020 at 05:20 am

Oh, a familiar topic for me. I at one time, using the site https://casinoscanada.reviews/en/montreal-casinos/, found good reviews, and decided to play too. Best Montreal casinos helped me win my first thousand dollars, and still play and win sometimes when I don’t have enough money for something interesting.

AndrewSnow's picture

May 15, 2020 at 05:31 am

I think that this Hemplucid review https://cbdoilforpain.reviews/reviews/hemplucid-review can answer many questions. So, go for it and find out more! It was quite helpful for me.

IsabellaHorton's picture