Packers vs. Cowboys Game Predictions from CheeseheadTV.com

GAME PREDICTIONS Week 6

Green Bay Packers vs. Dallas Cowboys

Name Record   Pick Prediction
Adam 2-2 Green Bay Packers 30-20
The Cowboys try to wear the Packers down with their running game and surprisingly efficient young QB, but the Packers offense starts clicking again, resulting in a comfortable victory.
Jersey Al 2-2 Green Bay Packers 31-23
The Packers' defense made a two-time Super Bowl winning quarterback look pedestrian last week, although he had no help from the running game. Dak Prescott will get more help from Ezekiel Elliot and the Dallas OL, but if the Packers get out to an early lead (my personal game plan for them), will he be able to overtake the Packers at home? Sorry Rook, I'm not a believer - yet.
Andrew 3-1 Green Bay Packers 24-17
The Packers have to stop Ezekiel Elliott - everything else follows that. They don't even have to completely shut him down - just slow him down enough to where the pass rush can get after Dak Prescott. This is going to be a close game, because it's no easy task, and frankly it's a coin-flip. At the end of the day, given the home field advantage and the more complete team, I lean Packers.
Cory 2-2 Green Bay Packers 23-20
This has the makings of a great game. The Packers' defense will smother Ezekiel Elliott but will have trouble with the athletic Dak Prescott. Aaron Rodgers wills the Packers to a close win with a late scoring drive.
Jason 3-1 Green Bay Packers 24-21
Strength meets strength as the top rushing defense and top running game meet. Regardless, this one will come down to who protects the ball.  Points will come at a premium as I don't expect to see the Packers offense suddenly spring to life nor do I expect Dallas to light it up. Dak Prescott will pose a challenge to the Packers' containment with his mobility, but this defense seems focused and up to the task. Let's just hope we don't have to count on the punter to save or flip field position.
Jayme 3-1 Green Bay Packers 28-17
The Packers defense stepped up against the giants and with another home game, I hope they'll continue their work. Rodgers still has been inconsistent but he loves throwback jerseys; so hopefully the Packers offense will be able to stay on track for a full four quarters.
Michelle 2-2 Dallas Cowboys 27-20
I think this will be a fairly close game throughout, and thankfully not a blowout for the Packers. But between Green Bay's injuries and the mediocre play on offense, plus the Packers' tendency to hit the brakes in the second half of games, it’s hard to see this team outscoring Ezekiel Elliott, Dak Prescott, and the rest of the Cowboys offense behind that offensive line.
Ross 3-1 Green Bay Packers 31-20
Rodgers and the offense bounce back after another week of criticism and the return of Mike Pennel bolsters the leagues best run defense. At the end of the day it's Rodgers vs. a fourth round rookie in Lambeau.
Zach 3-1 Dallas Cowboys 26-23
The offensive struggles the Packers have been facing may catch up to them. Pair that with a fast, high-powered Dallas offense against a weakened secondary, and it creates a concoction that culminates in a Dallas victory. I hope I'm wrong.
Mr. X 3-1 Green Bay Packers 40-19
The Packers are 5-0 in their throwback uniforms. The Cowpokes will not be the team to change that pattern.

__________________________

"Jersey Al" Bracco is the Editor-In-Chief, part owner and wearer of many hats for CheeseheadTV.com and PackersTalk.com. He is also a recovering Mason Crosby truther.  Follow Al on twitter at @JerseyalGBP

Bohj's picture

October 14, 2016 at 07:04 pm

Prescot gets his first dose of real home fans. Protect Lambeau. Pack. 35-13.

Since'61's picture

October 14, 2016 at 08:51 pm

Pack opens early lead and Dak is forced to pass, resulting in some picks for the Pack. Pack OL dominates to control the clock. Packers 35 - 14.
Thanks, Since ' 61

dschwalm's picture

October 16, 2016 at 11:19 am

i WISH i HAD YOUR ROSE-COLOURED GLASSES, SINCE '61. THERE IS NO WAY IN THIS WORLD THAT THE PACKERS WILL BEAT THE 'BOYS, LET ALONE BEAT THEM BY 21!!!!

EdsLaces's picture

October 14, 2016 at 10:34 pm

35 13 n 35 14.....cmon 61 and Bohj let's be realistic. 24 17 cowboys ....we just aren't good on offense...period.

Since'61's picture

October 15, 2016 at 09:34 am

Eds - I never give up on a game before it is played. Our OL has played excellently and Lacy is having a good season while he is in there. True Rodgers needs to improve and our WRs need to make some plays when the pass hits their hands. But we are playing at home and the Dallas defense is not that good. We can open with early scoring drives making Dak one dimensional. If he's forced to pass we can get some picks and pull away. This is predicated on our defense stopping Eliot early and often. Even if we have a lead we can't let up because Eliot can score from anywhere on any play. Even last season our defense held runners like AP and M. lynch in check and this season's defense is better than last season. Plus things change fast in this era of the NFL, last week means nothing. This is the only game that matters. Thanks, Since '61

EdsLaces's picture

October 15, 2016 at 12:38 pm

I agree with what you are saying it's just hard to think 12 will pull out a W. Mostly cause I just found out he's 31st in passer %...

Zdravko's picture

October 15, 2016 at 02:33 pm

Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems #12 has cratered ever since the MVP year, and his consorting with Ms. Munn and the Hollywood set. I hope he can regain his focus.

dschwalm's picture

October 16, 2016 at 11:21 am

He's last or next to last in every category. He's simply terrible. We would have a better chance to win with Blaine Gabert!

Bohj's picture

October 15, 2016 at 11:19 pm

For the record Laces, in another post I wrote that one of our touchdowns would be a pick six from Prescott pressing too much. Does that help?

TommyG's picture

October 14, 2016 at 10:40 pm

I was dead wrong about the Giants game. I predicted a one sided affair in favor of the giants' passing game. I'm very happy to be wrong about that. I originally predicted this game to be a win, but that was with Romo at the helm. I believe that our D has the ability to contain Dak and stop his running attack. I do not believe that his arm is good enough to beat an opponent through the air. Our Packers will win. They will win so long as they keep him in the pocket and avoid the big downfield plays.

Doug_In_Sandpoint's picture

October 15, 2016 at 07:41 am

Mr. X is my kind of picker. Pack rolls 37-17. Statement win and that statement is pain.

dschwalm's picture

October 16, 2016 at 01:51 pm

Yeah, that's realistic. Dallas by two TDs, unless they replace Rodgers in the second half.....and that ain't going to happen

Bearmeat's picture

October 15, 2016 at 08:56 am

I expect multiple personnel packages on offense. A quick hitting passing game. Pounding the rock with Lacy. Leading to over the top play-action deep to Jordy.

And Elliot may get 100 yards, but he won't get 150. Dak throws 1-2 picks and GB wins comfortably.

27-17.

Norm's picture

October 16, 2016 at 10:55 am

If the Packers don't score more than 9 I will quit posting on this site forever. Or until I return, whichever comes first.

dschwalm's picture

October 16, 2016 at 01:52 pm

Bye bye, Norm!

October 15, 2016 at 07:32 pm

30 -16 Packers.

October 16, 2016 at 02:36 am

Claiborne and Carr are pretty good, but Scandrick is out, so I predict (like I did last week) that Cobb will have another big game, this time against Anthony Brown. However, Brown has played well so far. Vet versus a 6th round rookie, though. I hope Nelson and Adams can contribute enough to diversify things and keep Jones occupied. Safeties are playing well. I don't see why their DL should be a problem.

Truth is, Dallas has played the Giants, Bengals, SF, Wash. and the bears, and lost to the Giants (916 combined record - .400). They've played bad and very mediocre teams.

I don't expect Dallas to put up more than 21. Sure hope one or two of our WRs can get open. We should be able to run the ball. If we go into this game with just Lacy and Rip as RBs (Starks is officially out), someone should be harshly criticized.

GB 31, Dallas 17.

dschwalm's picture

October 16, 2016 at 01:54 pm

Washington is not a mediocre team. They used to be but not this year.

LASVEGAS-TOM's picture

October 16, 2016 at 12:33 pm

I think GB Covers today. I have them @ 4 1/2. The game has gone to 5 1/2. I'm not crazy about the line, but I like GB @ home in this one, I have a few bucks going today, so I hope I haven't Jinxed the them. I bought a 55 Seeburg yesterday. Go Pack!!, Help me out today.
LVT

LASVEGAS-TOM's picture

October 16, 2016 at 02:31 pm

Tarynfor12, What's your take today?
LVT