Pack-A-Day Podcast - Episode 251 - Draft Preview Part 1 - Brian Burns

On today's show we kickoff our official NFL Draft coverage with a deep dive into top prospect Brian Burns. Ross Uglem and Jake Morley review Burns as a prospect and breakdown how he could fit in with the Packers. Plus a look at Mock Draft Monday.

Download & Subscribe on iTunes

__________________________

Andy is a graduate of UW-Oshkosh and owns & operates the Pack-A-Day Podcast. Andy has taken multiple courses in NFL scouting and is an Editor for Packer Report. You can find him on WFRV's Green Bay Nation and every Friday on the Friday Film Room on WDUZ . Andy grew up in Green Bay and is a lifelong season ticket holder - follow him on Twitter @AndyHermanNFL!

albert999's picture

April 02, 2019 at 09:16 am

Bush at No. 12, Brown at No. 30 and Savage at No. 44 to start the draft.

ShooterMcGee's picture

April 02, 2019 at 01:59 pm

I would love to get Burns at 12. Z. Smith can play DE on pass plays with Burns, Preston Smith, and Holy Fackerell rotating at OLB. Can never have too many players who can rush the passer. Last year I loved LB G. Avery who was taken in the 5th by Cleveland and had 4.5 sacks and 14 qb hits. We need more speed and playmakers all over the field.

1.5
0.5
RickInCali's picture

April 02, 2019 at 01:59 pm

In watching Burns tape.... I think he seemed to disappear pretty regularly. I understand the comments re success rates.....but it doesn’t seem like he was great at chasing down plays late which makes me question consistency of effort. I like him at 12, but not over Oliver.

holmesmd's picture

April 02, 2019 at 04:36 pm

Oliver could become Aaron Donald or Peewee Herman. He’s short, lite, and has short arms. I think there are other players that are more likely to translate to the pro’s than Oliver. Like the kid a lot but not at #12. That guy has to be a day one difference maker. I don’t think Oliver is that guy IMO.

KnockTheSnotOutOfYou's picture

April 02, 2019 at 11:00 pm

All I know is round 1 for the Pack is going to be fun. Lots of good talent is going to be available when they draft at 12 and 30. Easy to get excited about certain players but think it is important to remember BPA in round 1.

OnWisconsinGoPack's picture

April 03, 2019 at 08:29 am

I think Burns is the pick too, if available. Nothing saying he can't slide inside on early downs next to Blake with the Smiths in the outside