#PackersDaily​: Opening the Franchise Tag window

Aaron chats with Packers fans worldwide as the two week window for teams to apply the Franchise Tag begins.

Earlier today, I held my Packers chat over on our YouTube channel talking all things Green and Gold.

Be sure to subscribe to the channel if you'd like to participate in future chats.

You can also listen to the podcast here:

Find all of my daily podcasts here.

scullyitsme's picture

February 23, 2021 at 02:06 pm

So wrong about the wide receivers, as soon as we run n into a good defense that can take adams away, and rush the passer, we have absolutely nothing. No one with a move that can get open 10yards downfield on a curl or slant. It’s got us booted out of the playoffs two years in a row. When we play good defenses we need wide receiver 2, and right now there’s crickets. Never understood why Nagler and so many of cheese tv, refuse to believe their eyes. Can they function without a number 2? Of course, would it be nice to have one? So many people here confoundingly say no. It’s weird. Here’s a stat. Mvs was targeted 63 times this year. He caught 33. That’s awful. Lazard targeted 46 times, caught 33. Those are wide receiver 4 numbers. 2019 stats? 56 targets and 26 receptions for mvs, 52/35 for Lazard. They didn’t get any better, we need better, plain and simple

PeteK's picture

February 23, 2021 at 02:04 pm

Age test: #2, who needs a stinking #2 when we have a great #1 and 2 good #3s and a very good TE. Take your pick The Prisoner or Treasure of Sierra Madre, hahaha. A luxury we can't afford.

scullyitsme's picture

February 23, 2021 at 02:08 pm

I must of missed it, we won the Super Bowl?

Duneslick's picture

February 23, 2021 at 02:06 pm

You should know by now not to listen to Nagler.

Its obvious that WR after Adams is at best 2 players that are at best a number 3 and number 4 and that is a stretch. Both MVS and Lazard and even Tonyan will have a good game but also disappear for many games a year.

PackerAaron's picture

February 23, 2021 at 03:55 pm

Davante missed four games last season and two this season - they won all six games. Of course they can and will look to upgrade outside of Adams, but this idea that WR is a dire need is silly.

scullyitsme's picture

February 23, 2021 at 05:13 pm

I agree with most of your takes but respectfully disagree completely on this one. I find that anyone that can look at Lazard’s and mvs’s numbers the last two years and say we are fine is a pure homer( I say that with all do respect as I consider myself one ) I’m sure davante would give up 20 catches for a solid number two and more balance and the ability to gash a defense that double and triple teams him.

4thandinches's picture

February 23, 2021 at 11:11 pm

An alternate take is that we had plenty of offensive firepower to beat TB but we couldn't overcome 2 fumbles by our RB, a couple of terrible plays by Kevin King, and we didn't adjust well to a lot of pressure coming at our backup tackles.

February 24, 2021 at 01:53 am

As a note, I cannot follow how Jason Fitzgerald at OTC concluded that the non-exclusive franchise tag for RBs projects to be $8.07M in 2021 if the cap is $180.5M. I get that number (using a down and dirty-easy calculation) only if the cap is $153.4M.

No doubt things will clear up in time.