McCarthy Needs To Listen To The Thunder

Mike McCarthy would do well to listen to Wild Bill Hickok.

When words escape me, I usually turn to music.

And that is what I've done tonight.

The potential is there for the season to come crashing down. The warning signs are there. I lack the words to properly express the danger this team faces - so I wrote this track imploring Mike McCarthy to:

Listen To The Thunder

I'll (hopefully) have some actual analysis tomorrow. Tonight, I am too disappointed for words to properly convey.

Hopefully the music helps get across what I'm feeling.

zub_a_dub's picture

October 17, 2010 at 10:39 pm

MM is confused as it is, this will only spook him and make him worse.

FITZCORE1252's picture

October 17, 2010 at 10:55 pm

Trent Reznor'ish qualities. I dig it. Love me some NIN.

jack in jersey city's picture

October 18, 2010 at 12:38 pm

a-nag gets his metal on!

nerdmann's picture

October 17, 2010 at 10:55 pm

MM's teams never show up until week 8-10. It's most obvious on the offensive line.

bogmon's picture

October 17, 2010 at 11:04 pm

I hate the woulda shoulda coulda anaylysis of most of the wannabes like myself usually........but.....
Wouldn't you love a Coach to have gone all in and attempt a 2 point conversion in regulation.....
What's to lose? Everything to gain, right?

but what would the press say? I hate the modern NFL sometimes!

nerdmann's picture

October 18, 2010 at 01:16 am

Well, MM doesn't exactly have a stellar record in overtime, that's for sure. Still, we didn't look too good in that goal line situation. Know what I'm saying?

zcalvelli's picture

October 18, 2010 at 02:27 am

#nowplaying "Don't Stop Believing" - Journey (also lets just get one win before the bye, and then *maybe*)

Cuphound's picture

October 18, 2010 at 02:29 am

I feel today was vintage Mike McCarthy, a classic expression of his identity as a coach. I lament having gotten to know his handiwork so well.

I'm hoping the team gives itself another "Come to Jesus" talk. I felt I saw some of that spirit in that QB sneak into the endzone, to put us in overtime. These guys are the Green Bay Packers. They could never be soulless. Not our team.

The opera ain't over, even if McCarthy stinks.

RobT's picture

October 18, 2010 at 03:41 am

"Wouldn’t you love a Coach to have gone all in and attempt a 2 point conversion in regulation….. What’s to lose?"

Um, the game?

Given how many goes it took us to run that TD in, and our general record from the goal-line this season, I'd say that call was pretty far down the list of things that went wrong yesterday.

greenbaypackerbob's picture

October 18, 2010 at 10:06 am

Someone mentioned Bill Cowher for 2011. That sounds like a solid step in the right direction and would feel like a breath of fresh air (versus stinky air).
And to think TT courted Sean Payton...and ended up with M&M.

Glorious80's's picture

October 18, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Cowher, boring choice.

thepretzelhead's picture

October 18, 2010 at 05:43 pm

Oh boy...here we go. 11 injuries- team at .500 only 6 games in...fire the coach. Good thinking. Next it's fire TT. These people are our fifth column...don't let them have any air.

WIth that said. Run pass balance plz.

lars's picture

October 18, 2010 at 11:18 am

Yea, Deadwood was a terrific series. Though, I should think TT is more akin to Alma Garrett than MM.

For those who think Thompson would ever hire Cowher or that BC would come to GB (and not his home Carolina) I want some of that sweet smoke.

It would likely be Capers, with the DLine coach elevated to DC.

greenbaypackerbob's picture

October 18, 2010 at 12:04 pm

dream killer... :>)
Time to get out the reruns of Arrested Development; that's suppose to be a comedy of errors..