Pre-Order The Pro Football Draft Preview Today!!

Final 2-Round NFL Mock Draft

With just a few days until the draft I thought I’d post a final 2-round mock draft. I’m not going to bother writing analysis for any of the picks because at this late of a juncture you’ve probably been beaten to death with them. I included some trades that I think make sense for the teams involved. Happy Draft Week!

1.       Los Angeles Rams- Jared Goff, QB, California

2.       Philadelphia Eagles- Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St.

3.       San Diego Chargers- Jalen Ramsey, DB, Florida St.

4.       Dallas Cowboys- Joey Bosa, Edge, Ohio St.

5.       New York Giants*( NYG trades up from pick 10 to pick 5 with Jacksonville (2016 1st round, 2016 3rd roundd, and 2017 3rd round pick)- Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss

6.       Baltimore Ravens- DeForest Buckner, DL, Oregon

7.       New York Jets* (NYJ trades up from pick 20 to pick 7 with San Francisco (2016 1st round, 2016 3rd round, 2017 3rd round picks and Muhammad Wilkerson)- Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis

8.      Miami Dolphins* (MIA trades up from pick 13 to pick 8 with Cleveland (2016 1st round, 2016 3rd round, 2016 4th round picks) - Ezekial Elliot, RB, Ohio St.

9.      Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame

10.   Jacksonville Jaguars*- Shaq Lawson, Edge, Clemson

11.   Chicago Bears- Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida

12.   New Orleans Saints- Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville

13.   Cleveland Browns*- Josh Doctson, WR, TCU

14.   Oakland Raiders- Myles Jack, LB, UCLA

15.   Tennessee Titans- Darron Lee, LB, Ohio St.

16.   Detroit Lions- Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio St.

17.   Atlanta Falcons- Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame

18.   Indianapolis Colts- Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan St.

19.   Buffalo BillsNoah Spence, Edge, Eastern Kentucky

20.   San Francisco 49ers*- LaQuon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss.

21.   Washington Redskins- Chris Jones, DL, Mississippi St.

22.   Houston Texans- A’Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama

23.   Minnesota Vikings- Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor

24.   Cincinnati Bengals- Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor

25.   Pittsburgh Steelers- William Jackson III, CB, Houston

26.   Seattle Seahawks- Leonard Floyd, LB, Georgia

27.   Green Bay Packers- Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech

28.   Kansas City Chiefs- Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama

29.   Arizona Cardinals- Eli Apple, CB, Ohio St.

30.   Carolina Panthers- Xavien Howard, CB, Baylor

31.   Denver Broncos- Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M

32.   Cleveland Browns- Cardale Jones, QB, Ohio St.

33.   Tennessee Titans- Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia

34.   Dallas Cowboys- Keanu Neal, S, Florida

35.   San Diego Chargers- Jonathan Bullard, DL, Florida

36.   Baltimore RavensKevin Dodd, Edge, Clemson

37.   San Francisco 49ers- Joshua Garnett, OG, Stanford

38.   Jacksonville Jaguars- Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama

39.   Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Emmanuel Ogbah, Edge, Oklahoma St.

40.   New York Giants- Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh

41.   Chicago Bears- Robert Nkemdiche, DL, Ole Miss

42.   Miami Dolphins- Su’a Cravens, LB/S, USC

43.   Tennessee Titans- Cody Whiteair, OL, Kansas St.

44.   Oakland Raiders- Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson

45.   Tennessee Titans- Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama

46.   Detroit Lions- Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA

47.   New Orlenas Saints- Christian Westerman, OG, Arizona St.

48.   Indianapolis Colts- Kamalei Correa, LB, Boise St.

49.   Buffalo Bills- Le’Raven Clark, OT, Texas Tech

50.   Atlanta Falcons- Deion Jones, LB, LSU

51.   New York Jets- Joshua Perry, LB, Ohio St.

52.   Houston Texans- Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas

53.   Washington Redskins- Nick Martin, C/OG, Notre Dame

54.   Minnesota Vikings- Vonn Bell, S, Ohio St.

55.   Cincinnati Bengals- Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma

56.   Seattle Seahawks- Sebastian Tretola, OG, Arkansas

57.   Green Bay Packers- Shilique Calhoun, Edge, Michigan St.

58.   Pittsburgh Steelers- TJ Green, DB, Clemson

59.   Kansas City Chiefs- Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech

60.   New England Patriots- Kyler Fackrell, LB, Utah St.

61.   New England Patriots- Bronson Kaufusi, DL, BYU

62.   Carolina Panthers- Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama

63.   Denver Broncos- Adolphus Washington, DL, Ohio St.

sgunderson17's picture

April 25, 2016 at 01:29 pm

I sorta hope the Packers don't draft Calhoun. I just can't get the image of Derrick Henry stiff-arming him into oblivion out of my head. He could turn out decent, but that one play will always make me question him.

lucky953's picture

April 25, 2016 at 01:42 pm

While both picks seem reasonable, I admit to an irrational mistrust of Michigan State players. No doubt some are un-Worthy and some are not. Full disclosure: UM grad. Charles Woodson worshipper.

April 25, 2016 at 02:08 pm

I'm not a fan of Calhoun, either (I currently live just north of Lansing). I don't think he'll translate to OLB very well, and he won't be a 3-4 DE. He belongs in a 4-3, and even then I'm not convinced he'll be anything special.

Evan's picture

April 25, 2016 at 01:55 pm

Admittedly, I'm far, far less into draft coverage this year than ever before (hello, new baby). But I just have a gut feeling that if Ragland is there, he's going to be the pick.

RCPackerFan's picture

April 25, 2016 at 02:42 pm

kids do that. I'm not as big into it as I used to be before I had kids. But I still love the draft and process.

I'm just unsure about Ragland. While I think he is good, I do question how much the talent in front of him allowed him to be more free to attack. How will he do when he doesn't have 2 very good DT's in front of him?

I'm leaning towards DL right now as my guess.

Evan's picture

April 25, 2016 at 04:13 pm

Case in point, this afternoon I realized I'd been thinking about/discussing Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith interchangeably.

RCPackerFan's picture

April 25, 2016 at 10:04 pm

Speaking of Smith I have now seen 2 mock drafts predicting the Packers taking him in the 2nd round.

GBPack's picture

April 25, 2016 at 05:53 pm

RC,
I understand questioning a guy because of the talent around him, but in all honesty guys like Robinson and Reed are a little overrated in my view. Ragland was the shot caller in a sophisticated defense with probably the most demanding head coach in college football for several years. He's a plug and play tone setter, and boy do we need one in the middle of our D... DL is deep, there's quality guys to be had in rounds 2 and 3. If Ragland is there, I want him. :)

RCPackerFan's picture

April 25, 2016 at 10:02 pm

I like Ragland. I just really wonder how high his ceiling really is. That's all that I'm saying.

EdsLaces's picture

April 25, 2016 at 02:53 pm

With people like Billings Rankins Spence all gone I totally agree that they wouldn't pass on Reggie.

April 25, 2016 at 02:57 pm

I would love to see the Packers draft board...just to see how they value players and what positions seem to be prioritized over others. I still think they go DL or edge player at #27 (if they stay there). Spence could be that edge rusher if he slides (although nobody seems to think he will). Please say no to Nkemdiche.

al bundy's picture

April 25, 2016 at 06:54 pm

A they would love to see it too. Since genius ted drafts the best available he has is work cut out trying to figure who that is in the 15 minutes he has. Hey ted, pick for need and you have a lot of needs.

April 25, 2016 at 03:00 pm

If the draft plays out this way, there are some guys hovering between 40-50 that might be trade-up worthy. Moving up from #57 to #45 would likely cost a 4th rounder...

EdsLaces's picture

April 25, 2016 at 02:54 pm

Jets getting rid of Wilkerson....u cray?

PackerAaron's picture

April 25, 2016 at 03:24 pm

He's on the block. It will be more surprising if they DON'T trade him.

EdsLaces's picture

April 25, 2016 at 08:11 pm

Well hell that's crazy. I had no idea he was. I'd kill to have him beside Daniels.

4thand1's picture

April 25, 2016 at 09:00 pm

Don't get your hopes up

Community Guy's picture

April 25, 2016 at 03:20 pm

thank you Cody. from the mocks i have seen out there, your mock seems to be a more talent filled and realistic representation.

in the later rounds, where Ted usually excels, is where i will really be paying attention. this year, i expect the 3rd, 4th and even 5th rounds to produce a lot of quality talent. and, after round 2, there will still be talent for a solid ILB, a TE or RB, and another quality DL. as for a solid left tackle to back up Bahk.. i dunno.

April 25, 2016 at 03:58 pm

I think your picks over Ragland are draft crushes. I think the packer nation would not give TT a pass if he did not take Ragland. Ogbah is a better pick than Butler!

April 25, 2016 at 04:07 pm

He has Dodd going in the early 30s...I like him much better than Ogbah, and if he were on the board at #27, I'd be fine with that pick.

Cody Bauer's picture

April 26, 2016 at 11:22 am

I like both Dodd and Ogbah, but I don't think they are great fits in a 3-4 defense.

April 26, 2016 at 11:35 am

Someone else said you can only have so many "elephants" on your roster, and I think both of those guys would have to fill that slot with the Packers. With Peppers near the end of the line, I could see them looking for an edge guy who could play there.

I'm a Butler guy, though. I like the Butler pick...but I wouldn't be surprised if someone sneaks up and takes him a little ahead of the Packers.

Cody Bauer's picture

April 26, 2016 at 11:20 am

Hello,
Thanks for reading my mock draft! Packer fans may be displeased if they pass on Ragland but Thompson doesn't make draft choices to appease fans. Ragland very well could be the pick, one I would be good with but in my mock I have them going Butler. I really like Butler as a prospect but he is not my draft crush (Billings, Doctson, and Buckner are). It is my belief that Thompson values defensive lineman over inside linebackers. Looking back at his previous drafts you'll see that he doesn't value inside linebackers as much as fans probably want him too. He's only drafted 1 ILB before the 4th round in his tenure. Butler is a versatile piece who can play multiple spots on the d-line, in my opinion Thompson values that more than a inside linebacker. Again, thanks for reading!

DrealynWilliams's picture

April 26, 2016 at 05:22 pm

" It is my belief that Thompson values defensive lineman over inside linebackers"

And in this draft I would love it if TT went DT (one) and/or true 3-4 DE (one) within Rounds 1 and 4. Daniels needs some help. Pennell is still a question mark as far as being a starter although he looked good at times playing in a rotation. Plus, he'll be gone for the first 4-games.

Evan's picture

April 25, 2016 at 04:15 pm

I was listening to the Ringer nfl draft podcast this afternoon and they were discussing Ragland and how if you don't want him covering on 3rd downs, he's played some DE at Alabama and he has the ability to line up on the edge and rush. I hadn't heard that before.

GBPack's picture

April 25, 2016 at 05:58 pm

Yes, he has experience lining up at DE/OLB. He didn't set the world on fire at that position, but it speaks to his versatility and the level of responsibility Saban gave him.

DrealynWilliams's picture

April 25, 2016 at 06:55 pm

*whistles*...

EdsLaces's picture

April 25, 2016 at 08:12 pm

Like a sexy whistle ..or like a come here puppy whistle?

DrealynWilliams's picture

April 25, 2016 at 08:35 pm

Just a simple "forget me saying the same thing. Let's stick with Barrington/Ryan and see how well that works" type of whistle.

4EVER's picture

April 25, 2016 at 09:03 pm

Just did a quick - top 15 of each discipline - comparison of 2011, 2012 and 2016 combine numbers for DL and LB. Chose 11 and 12 as a comparison due to the likes of LB: Miller, Kuechly, Houston, Marshall, DL: Watt, Irvin, Clayborn, Jones, Cox, Poe, Quinn, Kerrigan. And wow! Bench, 3 cone, 20 and 60 yd shuttles numbers are off the charts in favor of 11 and 12 across the board. The 40 times see 2016 LB dominating. So if you want a explosive, fast, weak LB without change of direction speed go to 2016. Granted it's not scientific, yet the eyes don't lie. Beware of the first round...

al bundy's picture

April 25, 2016 at 06:48 pm

Ive seen a lt of mocks saying ragland will go to the raiders as a perfect fit for there style of play, thus you can forget him being on the board at 27. I changeg my mind and agree with some of you that ted takes a nt with the first pick. Seems to make sense. The two!pick may be more interesting.

Allan Murphy's picture

April 25, 2016 at 11:14 pm

TT will pic best player at #27 bet it's DL ..........

Handsback's picture

April 26, 2016 at 08:40 am

First glaring issue is that the Falcons are not drafting Fuller at 17 before Treadwell from MS. Falcons need defense and either a LB or edge rusher. I bring this up because it will have an affect on who drops.
I'm fine with Butler, but just don't know about Calhoun over Kaufusi.