Extra Cheese: Talking Packers books

Aaron chats with Packers fans worldwide and highlights some of his favorite books on the Green and Gold.

Earlier this evening, I held my Packers chat over on our YouTube channel, talking all things Green and Gold.

Be sure to subscribe to the channel if you'd like to participate in future chats.

You can also listen to the podcast here:

Find all of my daily podcasts here.

Johnblood27's picture

June 24, 2020 at 11:34 pm

Nagler can read?

Johnblood27's picture

June 25, 2020 at 12:04 am

add "Mudbaths and Bloodbaths" a history of the Packer-Bear rivalry.

Must Read.

atundraman's picture

June 25, 2020 at 12:22 am

Run to Daylight?

I don't know how he missed that one.

PackerAaron's picture

June 26, 2020 at 07:56 am

I don't have it with me in NYC. It's at my folks place in Wisconsin.

Harold Drake's picture

June 25, 2020 at 01:12 am

Thanks for the survey of the key Packers' books of all time! I became a Packers fan after reading Jerry Kramer's Instant Replay in high school and discovering the intense pride and purpose that goes into pro sports and the essential elements of great teams. I hope to find time to read Gunslinger and When Pride Mattered now!

Since'61's picture

June 25, 2020 at 10:03 am

Harold - “When Pride Still Mattered” is a much better read than “Gunslinger”. Read “When Pride Still Mattered” first. It is well worth it and the best sports biography I have read and I read biographies on a regular basis. Usually a few a month, when I’m looking to fill in around my history reading. Also “Pride” is the best Lombardi biography that I have read by far and I think that I have read them all.

You will learn and enjoy more from “When Pride Still Mattered”.
We have already seen and know much of the content in Gunslinger because media coverage of everybody and anybody was much more intense in the current era than it was in the Lombardi era.

mbpacker's picture

June 25, 2020 at 12:23 pm

Aaron- I wasn't going to watch this episode, but glad I did. Very well done and quite entertaining as well. I want to read some of these books now. You would be great in sales! Go Packers Go!

Istanbul's picture

June 25, 2020 at 02:40 pm

Call this the Christmas present episode. Thanks, Aaron....And could anyone entertain me or enlighten me with other McGinn/Nagler anecdotes? I'm guessing Bob dressed him down because Aaron didn't go to journalism school?

Johnblood27's picture

June 25, 2020 at 04:26 pm

or any school it seems at times...

certainly not professionalism school.

stop the beer swilling when live, eh?

PackerAaron's picture

June 26, 2020 at 07:57 am

Quit crying grandpa.

Istanbul's picture

June 26, 2020 at 12:05 pm

Is he supposed to hide the fact he enjoys a beer? Nagler is his own concert and musicians enjoy a drink while on stage. Oh, and this is the Green Bay Packers. His drink is a tribute to our state's heritage. I think he should have a plate of cheese and Bavarian pretzels with him as well. Frankly, I'm always wondering what you're drinking Aaron and at the end of the day after a long day in Istanbul, I typically drink with you. If you're having a true micro, let us know which. Who knows, you might get some advertising, especially if it's a Titletown Johnny Blood Red and is as bitter as this dude.

Ok, time to crack open a Gara Guzu Saison (from Mugla, Turkey) and catch up on some old episodes.

A_Lerxst_in_Packerland's picture

June 28, 2020 at 10:42 pm

That’s quite a list. Wasn’t even aware of a few of those, so thanks!
Another good one is Mean on Sunday by Ray Nitschke.

errollweber290461's picture

July 03, 2020 at 07:59 am

Great conversations with fans. https://highrisk.solutions/

DelcieKing's picture

July 14, 2020 at 09:14 pm

You have provided a good overview on the books of talking packers. It is a pity that in video format. It would be better if there was an opportunity to read the review. I like it. I do the reviews myself. You can familiarize yourself with my reviews on the site https://pickthewriter.com/. The advantages of several written services are described here. By the way, I recommend using it. A very necessary service for those who do not like to write)))

GeorgeRipley's picture

October 23, 2020 at 02:35 am

I liked the review too. I wanted to read this book, but unfortunately I am preparing to enter college and I have absolutely no free time. Friends recommended a service https://www.dentalschoolpersonalstatement.com/our-services/meharry-denta... which can prepare a letter of recommendation for me. This made me so happy, because this task caused difficulties for me. I hope there will be time and I can read this book.