Someone always has to do it when I'm trying to chill out. No matter what, whenever I try to relax, some douche bag comes around here and starts talking smack about news. It's a classic dumbass.
The modus operandi is always the same. Rogue poster, never heard of them before, comes in and starts talking smack like this. You want some news? You want to know the goings on of what's going on? Well dillhole, let's start dissecting your comment.
1. Yeah the Packers aren't going to tender DeShawn Wynn. Well holy hell in a horse hanger. I should have been on that one right away. Listen here, no one give two shits about DeShawn Wynn. The guy played one good game in his entire disappointing career in Green Bay. He's the same guy who came out of college... non-story.
2. You are right; the Packers tagging Pickett is big time news. You know how I know that? Perhaps because it's been on EVERY single news network, twitter feed, and newspaper on the planet. If you are coming here to find out Ryan Pickett got tagged, you need to get out of your tent, turn off the Coleman, and go talk to someone, anyone. The Packers want Pickett long term. To the informed fan, the tag pretty much tells you that.
3. On to the combine news, if you want to call it that. I really was holding back because I didn't want to rain on anyone's parade, but let's get the facts out about the combine right now. I will even bullet point them so it's easier for you to pick apart.
- You know what happens at the combine? Shmoozing. If you think Nagler or any of the others are coming back with solid news in their hands you'd be dead wrong. Those guys sit around and look and see who else is there sitting around. They have a couple of beers, the newbies drool over the coaches and the ESPN guys, and everyone gets away from home for a couple of days. Did we learn anything new? Let's check.
- Ted Thompson has sat down and talked about the uncapped year. Well that's a big surprise. I'm sure none of the other GM's has really thought about it. Missed that story, sorry.
- At the combine Ted Thompson said he thinks building from within is a great policy. Really? I'm so pissed I didn't see that speech.
- The Packers are working on an extension for Collins. Hardly news there. The argument is still divided, the Packers know they need him and don't want a holdout. Nothing we didn't know or talk about last week. Or, this week for that matter. Outside of that, Thompson said nothing. Big news there. However there is a Thompson line of the day, "The cake's not done till it's done."
- Tramon Williams is expected to get an elevated tender. Again, hardly a surprise. We only have one sure thing at corner right now. I'll make sure and get another post up about that pronto.
- The Packers are talking to QB Tim Tebow and WR Golden Tate. The Packers, talking to QB's and WR's? Almost unheard of. Let's not forget about the other 50 guys they are talking to too. That's what they do there. It's not news.
- Jersey Al was happy to hear about Wynn because he has a man crush on Lumpkin. Now there's a story for you.
- McCarthy wants all the free agents back. So do I Mike, so do I. What do you expect him to say? "Well Packer fans, I only really want this guy and this guy and this guy can go." Child, please.
- McCarthy said special teams will be the most improved part of the team next year. One, that's not hard to do when you are dead last. Two, he said that the last three seasons.
- McCarthy would consider using the wildcat if he had the personnel. No shit Sherlock.
- Justin Harrell looks better than ever. He's also had a lot of time to practice looking good sitting around.
I have taken two things away from the combine action at this point. First, the only thing of note to me anyway was a cryptic quote from McCarthy on Kampman:
"I think his performance was definitely on the rise, and we'll be a lot better using him in year two."
Now that little slip of the tongue is news. He uses the future tense all the way. Very, very interesting.
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, I have learned that 1 ½ inches in arm length on a tackle takes you from a fifth round pick to a first round pick.
That sir, is a little bit more than you have to spare. Dumbass.
P.S. Nick Barnett just told me personally that he thinks the Packers will and are talking to Collins. Now, there is your news.
- Like Like
- 2 points