Shields Good To Go Sunday; Jenkins, Zombo Out

Sam Shields will handle a full workload, including returning kickoffs, against the Bears on Sunday according to head coach Mike McCarthy.

Sam Shields was a full participant in practice this morning and according to Packers coach Mike McCarthy, barring a last minute flare-up tomorrow morning, should be ready to handle all of his regular duties on Sunday against the Bears, including returning kickoffs.

In other injury news, defensive end Cullen Jenkins (calf) and outside linebacker Frank Zombo (knee) were declared Out for Sunday, joining fullback Korey Hall (knee) and safety Atari Bigby (groin) who were declared out earlier in the week.

Tommyboy's picture

December 31, 2010 at 02:58 pm

Damn, I was hoping to have at least Jenkins OR Zombo. Oh, well - next man up! Go get 'em, Dom!

FITZCORE1252's picture

December 31, 2010 at 10:32 pm

I hear ya. Hopefully we can get Jenkins back for philly, we're gonna need him. Zombo would be nice as well, but Cullen... Cullen's gotta heal up in a hurry man.

GBP 4 LIFE

WayneF's picture

December 31, 2010 at 03:29 pm

No worries. Take the Packers and give the 10 points.

The Packers are at home, are the much better team, and MUST win. The B*ars will have NOTHING to play for and will be celebrating by the time 3:15 rolls around.

Lovie can run his mouth all he wants but the facts ARE the facts.

Bet the house boys.

cow42's picture

December 31, 2010 at 03:51 pm

jenkins is gonna look sweet IN A DIFFERENT UNIFORM NEXT SEASON.

i've had enough of this china doll.

davyjones's picture

December 31, 2010 at 04:30 pm

"China Doll"??

The guy played with a cast/club on his hand for how many games?

Oppy's picture

December 31, 2010 at 07:05 pm

I love Cullen "Big Sexy" Jenkins, and he's a beast when he's healthy. I do personally believe that the Packers genuinely want to retain him, and will make him what they consider a reasonable offer.

He brings a size/speed/strength/athleticism ratio coupled with a tenacity that is very rare in 300 lbs.-plus sized men, and he allows Dom Capers a great deal of versatility in personnel and alignment shifts (think Psycho package, for one example, where Jenkins is the lone D-lineman).

However, he IS injured quite a bit, and none of the above makes a difference if he isn't on the field. That's why I believe this is a classic example of a situation where the Packers will make the player a fair but modest offer, and then allow the player to test free agency, with the understanding that they would like the opportunity to match before he signs to another team.

If other teams offer more, but the Packers still find it a reasonable rate, they will gladly pay that (and maybe more) to Jenkins to retain him. If a team goes wildly beyond what the PAckers feel is wise, they will let Jenkins go. Free market determining true value, and all that.

I do fear Jenkins may find a 4-3 team willing to pay out quite a bit more for his services, and that might be a best fit for Cullen's talents, anyways. But I'd love to see him back in the Green and Gold, and I know Dom and his teamates have to feel the same way.

Oh, yeah, at any rate, as much as I love Jenkins, and admire his talent, it is fair to call him a china doll, unfortunately

ZeroTolerance's picture

December 31, 2010 at 06:54 pm

He has missed many games the last two years. And I never saw an answer to the question that he was placekicking in game warmup which caused/aggravated his injury.

FITZCORE1252's picture

December 31, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Just read your "take" on CM3 on another thread. I think you're on to something. We should definitely get rid of Cullen and if Clay doesn't start producing we should 86 his ass too. Come to think of it; Woodson's had a lot of costly flags this year and Rodgers keeps bangin' his head....

May I Nagler?

(Rolls eye's)

GBP 4 LIFE

LONG LIVE BIG SEXY

FITZCORE1252's picture

December 31, 2010 at 10:41 pm

One caveat... If he's not available to help us in the playoffs... Ditch the bum! I'm fickle, what can I say.

WayneF's picture

January 01, 2011 at 11:09 am

Which one? Rodgers?

NickGBP's picture

January 01, 2011 at 04:44 pm

What is your avatar? Is there a proper link that I can research?