POLL: Your Expectations for the 2020 Green Bay Packers

The time has come once again to submit your expectations for the Packers in 2020!

Hello everyone, it's once again time for my annual survey of CHTV and Twitter Packers fans about their expectations for the team heading into the season!*

(*Assuming we actually get a season this year)

Last year, the Packers exceeded the expectations of CHTV readers, who generally assumed the Packers would fall around 10-6 and have a very short-lived playoff appearance. This year, the Packers are coming in off a 13-3 season in which many considered them overachievers. Will the Packers be able to match their accomplishments of a year ago?

Of course, COVID-19 is a factor that will add a lot of uncertainty into this season. In submitting your answers, assume that the season will happen in its entirety, however unlikely you may believe that to be at the moment.

CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE POLL!

Results from the poll will be shared right here on CHTV in a couple weeks. It's always interesting to see how fans are feeling about the team heading into the season!

Cheers everyone.

__________________________

Tim Backes is a lifelong Packer fan and a contributor to CheeseheadTV. Follow him on Twitter @timbackes for his Packer takes, random musings and Untappd beer check-ins.

Bearmeat's picture

August 03, 2020 at 12:34 pm

IF we get through the season:

The abnormal/shortened offseason REALLY hurts the Bears (QB) and Vikings (entire defense) breaking in new people. The continuity helps GB, relatively speaking.

I expect GB to win the division with somewhere around a 10-6 record. But I expect them to bow out of the playoffs in the divisional round or wild card round. The offense is has questionable depth at WR, and questionable starters and depth at RG, RT, TE. The defense has KC and no one else at DT, and non-existent depth at WILB. CB might be a sneaky need too.

Barring everything going right with youth stepping up, injuries and vets hanging on, this is not a super bowl team.

I expect ARod to be traded in the offseason too. :(

Bure9620's picture

August 03, 2020 at 01:36 pm

Yes Bearmeat, this is a fair prediction.....I do feel the likelihood Rodgers is traded after the season is higher than some believe....one positive of having Rodgers under contract for 4 more years (3 after this year) is teams that want him will have to give up alot to get him.....this is not a player in the final year of a deal headed to FA. If Jamal Adams is truly worth 2 1sts.......(he is not imo) then we should be able to get significant draft capital for Rodgers. Jordan Love absolutely without a doubt will be the starter at some point, he is the guy. The only question is when......my bet is sooner than later....

Bearmeat's picture

August 03, 2020 at 02:23 pm

The difference is that Adams will be playing for 10 years - ostensibly at a probowl level. Rodgers has mayyybe 5 years left. And I doubt more than 2 of them at a probowl level. Brady and Brees were really not great last year. Big Ben was hurt and Rivers was terrible.

The QB changing of the guard has occurred.

August 03, 2020 at 02:35 pm

Brees was statistically good in the games he played...very efficient. The Saints have given him two outstanding catch-and-run players (Kamara and Thomas) to unload to...otherwise he's a noodle-armed game manager.

Bure9620's picture

August 03, 2020 at 03:40 pm

Brees is a game manager now......Teddy Gloves came in and won most of their games as a game manager also.....they really rely on YAC too...

August 03, 2020 at 02:30 pm

The Jets got an almost Kahlil Mack type haul on Jamal Adams. I can't believe what the Seahawks gave for him. No S is worth that much.

Since'61's picture

August 03, 2020 at 09:08 pm

Totally agree Dobber. Thanks, Since ‘61

jannes bjornson's picture

August 06, 2020 at 11:09 pm

Low # ones or high # twos given up....with Seattle having zero chance of picking in the top ten over the next two-three years. He is an All Pro and plugs the big void in their middle. Something the Pack still has not solved with their ILBs. There will be no film to study of College safety for the 2021 draft; Schneider read the stars and again maneuvered like the anti Ted.

jeremyjjbrown's picture

August 03, 2020 at 12:34 pm

I'm just hoping they can safely play the season at this point. The struggles of MLB 2 weeks in are not encouraging. The NFL has even larger rosters and 100X the physical contact of Baseball. I hope it works out.

WMA's picture

August 04, 2020 at 11:11 am

Players need to stay away from bars and casinos which some of the baseball players did not putting the whole season in jeopardy.

August 03, 2020 at 02:30 pm

BULLCRAP!!! PACKERS UNPATRIOTIC!!

Murphy writes:

We are not trying to alienate our fan base, and think it is important to support our players. I am very proud of our players and support their right to peacefully protest as they try to bring about meaningful change in our society. When players kneel, they are not disrespecting the flag or the country, but bringing attention to systemic racism and police brutality. Black Lives Matter is not a terrorist or Marxist organization, and I know that they are trying to bring an end to racial inequality. The NFL has decided to play "Lift Every Voice and Sing" (commonly referred to as the Black national anthem) as part of the broadcasts for all games in the first weekend.

edp1959's picture

August 03, 2020 at 02:52 pm

Evidently Murphy does not know how to use the internet. A simple visit to the BLM website proves he is a liar.

August 03, 2020 at 03:40 pm

Never said it didn't, but I'm not CATERING to every organization. Next up LGBTQ "We are Family"

7.5
6.5
13TimeChamps's picture

August 03, 2020 at 03:48 pm

DenePhillips idea of Utopia:

A world made up of nothing but angry, middle-aged white men...and the women who serve them.

4.5
8.5
jannes bjornson's picture

August 06, 2020 at 11:12 pm

They don't listen to Merle...

August 03, 2020 at 05:26 pm

13 Timestamps evidently has come to the conclusion that ALL middle aged white men are racists . Anyone see where the REAL problem lies?

13TimeChamps's picture

August 03, 2020 at 05:39 pm

Not all. Just you.

Brad.S's picture

August 03, 2020 at 02:54 pm

I feel that Mark Murphy is respecting the great country we live in with class, dignity, and honor. We have a great country, but we have some shortcomings, which have been made obvious for all of us to see this year, even for an older, middle-class white guy like me who has been following Packers for about sixty years. The Packers under Vince Lombardi were a shining beacon for racial equality, and helped to break down some barriers for black players in that time. It's clear that there are elements in our society that are not following our great country's ideals that "all are created equal." It's an emergency situation. We can't pretend it doesn't exist. We all need to work to bring a more just society and live up to our ideals. I have never been as proud to be a Packer fan as the days of Vince Lombardi.

splitpea1's picture

August 03, 2020 at 06:18 pm

Yawn...still living in the 1960's? I hope your hair isn't on fire with this "emergency situation."

I don't totally dislike Murphy, but I'm not thrilled with his management style, and overall he's a little too corporate for my taste. He may actually believe what he says, but then again he may say anything that will further his business interests.

Stroh's picture

August 04, 2020 at 10:11 am

The NFL is as BIG business as Big Business can get! Thank God the Packers no longer run it like a Mom & Pop store! Murphy is running it like what it is. A Massive Corportation. You should thank your lucky starts he's running it like a corporation! It IS a corporation (literally and figuratively). And there are few who would be able to run it better than Murphy!

It would be ignorant to have a little Mom & Pop mentality running it. And the Packers might very well not be in GB anymore if his predecessor (Harlan) didn't take it out of the Mom & Pop era and into the global market./ Harlan started the transition into the corporate world and Murphy has delivered them there! Thankfully!

splitpea1's picture

August 04, 2020 at 11:07 am

What Murphy hasn't delivered is a Super Bowl title or appearance. I don't count 2010 because he was only on board a short time, and that team owes its success to Ted. Nobody is saying the Packers should be managed like a corporation, but Murphy just rubs me the wrong way sometimes. And I would prefer that a traditional GM be responsible all the football and coaching decisions instead of the team president having his fingers in the pie.

2.5
0.5

August 04, 2020 at 08:05 am

Thanks for DENYING my Freedom of Speech. Evidently, yours is the only one that matters.

Stroh's picture

August 04, 2020 at 10:15 am

No one is denying your freedom of speech. Its just too bad that freedom gives you the opportunity to make yourself sound like a horses azz. But it is your right to do that if it is what you so chose!

Its not about the flag... Its about creating racial equality and against Police Brutality toward the black population.

Start being part of the solution, not continuing to be part of the problem!

Rudedawg67's picture

August 04, 2020 at 05:04 pm

Stroh,

I respectfully disagree with you. There is no doubt there has to be changes in law enforcement's interaction with the black community. The topic of kneeling is such a hot button issue why turn off 50% of the population by doing it. There needs to be a better way to protest that most everyone can agree on. People have their own reasons why or why not it’s okay to kneel during the Anthem. It doesn’t mean that they are unpatriotic or racist. Some people burn the flag in protest. Is that less or more offensive. Again, that is up to the individual.

If the problem is with law enforcement, which every city controls their own departments, why not do more to protest city hall. Why vote for these people that run the show locally. I think it is asinine for a mayor to decry police brutality in his or her city when the mayor sets the policy for law enforcement in his/her city. It is not a problem for them until it becomes a problem. To me the Anthem is for our nation and I feel like when you kneel during the Anthem you lump in the Active Duty members, veterans, their family members, etc. with the law enforcement problem. The shoe doesn’t fit so I’m not wearing it. I know there are some military folks that don’t have a problem with the kneeling. I'm cool with that. I am not going to hate anyone who disagrees. I know there is a lot more to this issue that people care to hear about because people come here to talk about football.

Does the really NFL care? I don’t know. I’m sure if it starts affecting the pocket book one way or the other it will show it's true colors.

Respectfully

August 04, 2020 at 11:57 am

If it's not about the flag, then why aren't you standing? Why are you making a public display when only the national Anthem is played? Why, are gonna stand for the BLM National Anthem, but kneel for the National Anthem? Your show of disrespect is how and why your problems continue. Your actions, attitude and demeanor precede any color of your skin no matter who you are.

8.5
3.5
13TimeChamps's picture

August 03, 2020 at 03:32 pm

The Packers are football players. Who cares if they're patriotic?

Do you care if your plumber or mechanic is patriotic? Probably not, as long as they can fix the water leak or keep your vehicle running.

If their patriotism, or lack thereof, bothers you...stop watching. Pretty simple.

August 03, 2020 at 03:35 pm

I pay their salaries I tell them what to do or they can get the heck out and go play flag football somewhere Its a job!!! a job!!! Not a political platform.

13TimeChamps's picture

August 03, 2020 at 03:44 pm

"I pay their salaries I tell them what to do..." lol!!

I'm sure the massive TV contract the NFL reaps billions from every year will more than make up for the one game a year you maybe go to.

You also probably think that 'stock certificate' you might own....actually makes you an NFL owner too. Am I right?

3.5
5.5
Oppy's picture

August 03, 2020 at 06:00 pm

You don't pay their salaries, the owners do.
I'm pretty sure the chump change you pump into the packers gets earmarked and spent exclusively on fixing up 3 stalls in the men's rooms at Lambeau. You should set up your stately domain there, and stand about demanding the fans who poop within those stalls you pay for wipe the way you demand they wipe.

GTFOWTS, dude. You people who think your decision to buy tickets and merchandise means you run the show crack me up. True. Effin. Snowflake.

Bure9620's picture

August 03, 2020 at 09:16 pm

thats funny

Nate-1980's picture

August 05, 2020 at 04:49 pm

Who you calling” you people”.. Racist ha haaaaa

jannes bjornson's picture

August 06, 2020 at 11:17 pm

"Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings"...don't talk it, walk it.

Oppy's picture

August 03, 2020 at 06:00 pm

A great sign that someone doesn't understand the core tenants that make our democracy so unique and enviable across the world is when they claim supporting citizens' constitutionally granted right to protest, even if it is the government or its agencies they are protesting, is somehow unpatriotic.

August 04, 2020 at 08:02 am

And where do the owners get there money?

August 04, 2020 at 08:09 am

It is how,why and where they protest. Not denying they cannot protest. But, no-one is going to do it on my front door step.

4.5
3.5

August 04, 2020 at 11:40 am

Again. I never said BLM don't matter, your incessantnance goes on and on. Really BLM National Anthem before the National Anthem? And, it's just the tip of the iceberg. If I use the word white in any form or fashion its racist. I have no doubt in my mind even the white house name will be changed and it will continue to go on and on. And, you know what? Nothing is going to change unless you teach your children the right way to do things at home and at the dinner table.

2.5
2.5

August 04, 2020 at 11:45 am

You don't care about Liberty and Justice for All. You just want and want and believe everyone owes you something. Nobody owes anybody anything except God and your parents and be glad you live in the USA

Nate-1980's picture

August 05, 2020 at 04:54 pm

I feel the same way

Nate-1980's picture

August 05, 2020 at 04:52 pm

Protest till the cows come home, just not at a game where I don’t need to see it..

jeremyjjbrown's picture

August 04, 2020 at 10:32 am

What could be more patriotic than, "Liberty and Justice for All"?

All lives can't matter until black lives matter.

2.5
6.5

August 03, 2020 at 03:45 pm

You have to live with yourselves!!

August 03, 2020 at 05:27 pm

BLM is unpatriotic
1. It is NOT the place to be putting any cause above anyone else's.
2. You kneel before God and Stand by the Flag.
3. BLM is a Marxist organization that is causing chaos and is wanting the police departments defunded.
4. I gotta tell you that BLM National Anthem that I watched is so hysterical and even in the words say you STAND for their Anthem and stand for God, but then when the words of the song say " Native" land it really speaking to Africa.
5. God, Family, Green Bay Packers
6. This is a JOB!!! I as a FAN pay their salaries.
7. All you want is your DANG football. As a long time Green Bay Packer fan I am DISGUSTED. You might as well be Dallas Cowboy fans.
8. Enjoy your season.

12.5
10.5
Oppy's picture

August 03, 2020 at 05:54 pm

Don't let the door hit you in your tender, snowflake ass on your way out.

6.5
8.5
Bure9620's picture

August 03, 2020 at 09:17 pm

can we delete this?? Jersey Al??

Since'61's picture

August 03, 2020 at 09:19 pm

I second Bure’s motion. Thanks, Since ‘61

5.5
8.5

August 04, 2020 at 08:14 am

There is not going to be a season. Is that all your living for is the football season? Players are all opting out. It's gonna be like the replacement league back in 1980s.

jeremyjjbrown's picture

August 04, 2020 at 10:33 am

Then there is no reason for you to be here.

WMA's picture

August 04, 2020 at 11:18 am

The replacements is a great movie.

August 04, 2020 at 01:52 pm

I don't. It's become part of sports!!! FREE SPEECH JUST ISN'T FOR THE CHOSEN. It's also for anybody who wants to fly a blue striped flag. And those who Put their country first. Respect , Restraint, and protection, Etc. Lots of people are FED up! Understanding someones words, can do more then force. IMO. Sometimes you achieve more when your silent. Then be a trouble maker, and condemn without knowing all the facts. Life is good. Why mess it up. If something bothers you, the best plan is to stay away from it.

3.5
0.5
Since'61's picture

August 03, 2020 at 09:17 pm

1. I will enjoy the season much more now that I know you won’t be posting here any longer.
2. I can provide you with a few Viking sites so that you can share your hatred with them.
3.Enjoy your hatred.

No Thanks, Since ‘61

5.5
8.5
Lare's picture

August 04, 2020 at 09:52 am

Dash just can't stay away.

WMA's picture

August 04, 2020 at 11:20 am

You wish he would but he keeps dashing our hopes

1.5
3.5
jannes bjornson's picture

August 06, 2020 at 11:21 pm

Go back to moscow and hang with your buddy Vladimir if you want a Police State.

Doug_In_Sandpoint's picture

August 04, 2020 at 06:28 am

Wow. That escalated quickly.

19-0. Super Bowl champs.