Packers Question of the day - Joe Callahan's Value?

So, Joe Callahan has been pretty good, eh?

Good enough to earn him a spot as the thrid quarterback on the Packers' final 53-man roster. At least for now until Mike Pennel and Demetri Goodson return from their four-game suspensions. Or alternatively, until Brett Hundley is at full health and can resume his role of backing up Aaron Rodgers.

However, Callahan has turned some heads in the preseason. Perhaps, some of those heads were scouting GMs looking for more quarterback talent to load onto their roster. Not only will the Packers have a decision to make with Hundley in a few years, but Callahan can easily be added to that list depending on how he's handled.

What would be the best route for the Packers to take with Callahan moving forward, granted he doesn't turn out to be a one-hit wonder and completely fall off the face of the Earth?

__________________________

Zachary Jacobson is a staff writer/reporter for Cheesehead TV. He's the voice of The Leap on iTunes and can be heard on The Scoop KLGR 1490 AM every Saturday morning. He's also a contributor on the Pack-A-Day Podcast. He can be found on Twitter via @ZachAJacobson or contacted through email at [email protected].

croatpackfan's picture

September 08, 2016 at 09:10 am

First of all, I want to apologize to Cory. He predicted pretty brave that Joe Callahan has bright fututre with Packers. Bravo, Cory...
But, I will repeat my opinion from my comment on that Cory's article. Joe Callahan will be Packers QB 2 next season. Brett Hundley will be traded!

ZacharyJacobson's picture

September 08, 2016 at 11:08 am

And I don't get any love for predicting Josh Hawkins could be on the team's roster opening day? Cold world. But you're right, props to Cory on that one.

Patrick White's picture

September 08, 2016 at 12:11 pm

It wouldn't make much sense to trade Hundley yet. You have him for three more years. Why not let him develop for a few more years and then see what he is worth. Also he could be an answer if a tragedy were to happen to QB#1. Hopefully that won't ever be the case.

TarynsEyes's picture

September 08, 2016 at 12:40 pm

Don't give praise to Cory, I was the first one to support Callahan and keeping him and took heat then and have earned the right to get the rest. You all can abuse me but you won't ignore me. : )

jeremyjjbrown's picture

September 08, 2016 at 06:07 pm

Yeah, and don't give praise to Callahan, Hawkins or Brice either. It's the Commenters of cheeseheadtv who deserve the credit for them making the team.

Give me a break...

ZacharyJacobson's picture

September 09, 2016 at 12:52 am

It's not that serious.

Since'61's picture

September 08, 2016 at 12:47 pm

Hi Croat - see attached link on Josh release. Author seems to agree that his release was a mistake. http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/tom-oates-packe...

Thanks, Since '61

WinUSA's picture

September 08, 2016 at 08:43 pm

Shocking to players on the team. Hell yes. No explanation what so ever. A team that was primed for a Super Bowl run. Ask Lacy what this will effect him not having Sutton blow holes open for him. Ask Rodgers if he will get the yips from having his blind side vulnerable.
I have never been an anti TT person. But there is an observation that this mans ego is prevalent. Take the Favre PR fiasco . It has been whispered that there were words between Sit and TT. Unsubstantiated presently but something to consider. C'mn you CUT an all pro without a draft pick in a trade???
This whole thing stinks and those in the inner circles know...the players, the coaches, the water boy...but the shroud of secrecy will remain with the white mained demigod scowling at anyone who doesn't toe the line else they will reek his ire.
Mark my words, you can bet there will be severe negative results from this bonehead move. You can't keep this action quiet foreve...And my bet is that the garbage that comes to surface about this whole thing will lay at Thompson's feet!, and it will stink!

Since'61's picture

September 08, 2016 at 10:17 pm

deleted

NickPerry's picture

September 09, 2016 at 05:54 am

From what I've read and heard on different podcasts, your take on this is right on. What from what I've read and listened to, this had NOTHING to do with Money or Health Issues.

From what I understand Sitton is a cantankerous type, one who would speak out about play calling (Did that last season) or let TT know he's not to happy with him, maybe even F*** with Teds huge ego.

Some have said this will all come out someday and we'll all know what happened, at least most of it. One thought is Sitton pushed Ted to the limit and Ted over reacted and cut him. If that's even partially true I'd find it hard to defend Ted at all.

WinUSA hit it on the nose, when this comes to surface Ted won't look so good.

croatpackfan's picture

September 09, 2016 at 06:09 am

Well, as we already agreed as many persons that many opinions...
Thanks for posting this link. It is opposite to the link I posted. But still, even in this article I do not see any fact, just anger to TT & MM for not explaining reasons why they cut Josh Sitton...
I would like to ask you and all of the others who are anger because of that decision - would you like to explain me how will be helpful if Josh Sitton/his group (family, agent, lawyer - I don't know who else might be) was possibly guilty for that in some not good way. What will that bring to the locker room.
Also, from time of Brett Favre, I never read that either TT or MM said anything unfavorable about player or coach or person whom they fired, released, cut. They always tried to say positive or at least nothing!
Now, Packer Nation is anger because they do not understand what is going on and from that situation comes support for Josh Sitton.
I'm not on any side. I'm trying to think logical. And there is not much logic in sudden TT brake down or insanity of MM or whatever.
But I see a lot of comments and articles goes that way. Basically, majority of the fans can not except that NFL is business and that players or their agents can be SOB, too. To remind about one, who came out through his sister - Greg Jennings! Everything he said he ate in sauce of droppings!
Brett Favre story was also something that many Packers fans puts on TT back. At the end of the day came out that Brett Favre was affraid how will Packers fan reacts on his return to Lambeau Field...
History teach us to pay attention on what happened in the past, so that we can better judge present events and future expectations.
Of course, despite it looks ridiculous to me at the moment, it is always possibility that both TT & MM lost their minds...

September 09, 2016 at 08:37 am

Hi, Croat. It boils down to this balance sheet:

Pro cutting Sitton:

1.-----Save $6.55M on the salary cap (can be rolled over).
1a.---$6.55M pays about 1 yr. of some 2017 FA's salary.
2.-----Sitton's play slipped btw 2015 & training camp.
3.-----? Can't think of anything else. Insert rumors here:
3a: ---Less risk of having a roster spot taken up by an injury prone player, even though Sitton played 100%, 100%, 94.8% and 99.3% of all snaps from 2012 to 2015, inclusive, and has only missed 2 games since 2009.
3b: ---Sitton was going to self destruct like a mission impossible tape, so we wouldn't get a comp pick next year anyway.
3c: ---Avoid cancer in the locker room.
3d: ---Soothe any egos in the GM or Coaching staff ranks. It is like saying that really mean but juicy thing to your spouse during an argument. It can't be forgotten - it affects the relationship forever.

Cons to cutting Sitton:

1. --Lose the value of his probable play over Taylor's probable play at least until Linsley returns, assuming that Linsley does return;
1a--Increase chance of AR getting injured during a sack/QB hit.
1b--Increase chance of running backs not finding holes to run thru.
2.---Lose depth - instead of Taylor being back up LG, it's Barclay.
3.---Lose probable comp pick - most likely a 5th rounder.
3a--Lose draftable player for 4 yrs. or tradeable comp pick
4.---Take $300K dead money hit.
5.---Players in future might look at GB differently - some won't sign a contract with no guaranteed $/big dead $ in the last year of the contract. Eg: Lang and Peppers might still be here solely because they have $1.1M and $2.5M dead money. In GB, you can get cut (and lose that base pay) despite still playing at a good level. GB won't give you time to look around for a new team and a good contract.

croatpackfan's picture

September 09, 2016 at 01:12 pm

Thegreatreynoldo, you are the one of several commentators here I really respect.
But, as you said neither of us knows the reasons. Your list are all about consequences of that decision. Which, I think, are systematically listed and I agree with most of them. On the favorite side, you maybe forget to place info that Lane Taylor might be better in run support, while in cons list you point out that Taylor is worse than Sitton in pass protection...
As neither knows exactly what happened, I think I will not comment any more of this matter. I said everything I was able to get from you, fans, Packers.com and other sources and all what I think regarding the issue...

NickPerry's picture

September 09, 2016 at 09:24 pm

Croat take a listen to this, I know I found it interesting. Obviously you can't take what you hear as "Gospel" but it sure sounds about right to me. It's also not the first time these types of thoughts have been mentioned since Sitton was cut.

I respect your opinion and support of Thompson and personally I think he's a pretty damn good GM too. But I've always been of the opinion (It's just MY opinion) he doesn't do everything he could possibly do to improve his club and get back to the SB. Lots of people who would have disagreed with that comment have begun to change their minds Croat. Having who Thompson's had at QB since he took over and has only had one SB appearance?

I still believe Thompson has a club that can win the SB, but it's not as good as 2 weeks ago.

September 10, 2016 at 05:10 am

Interesting. People know, but are afraid to say. The goal is to always try to win the super- bowl. And put any personal issues behind you. Contracts are contracts. If two fight on the ice, they go to a penalty box to cool off. Seems no one wanted to cool off. I keep on losing respect for TT. TT should make any reason or circumstances public now. Because if everyones afraid of losing their job , or repercussions , then "Everyone" was wrong. I hope the press keeps on pushing to get someone to speak up. Reading between the lines doesn't help.

NickPerry's picture

September 10, 2016 at 06:27 am

Me too Stockholder, and I think it will eventually come out. I just hope this doesn't having a "Festering" effect in the locker room. T.J. Lang situation seems similar, not talking with him until the season is over. I always thought Lang would at least possibly be brought back. Now I think those chances are closer to 25%, and that might be generous.

September 10, 2016 at 09:31 am

I would not be surprised to see TJ Lang gone. He's from Royal Oak , Mi. He threw out the first pitch at the tigers baseball game 7/19/16. (Good Bet, 3 years with the Lions. ) I believe a lot of guys will be leaving.

Chad Lundberg's picture

September 08, 2016 at 07:21 pm

Cory said that Callahan surpassed Brett Hundley, and that he should have a roster spot over him. That's far different than saying Callahan should have the 3rd QB position on the team. Yeah, you nor anyone else owes him an apology.

croatpackfan's picture

September 09, 2016 at 07:16 am

I owe him because I said that he will not be on 53 roster, with meaning that he has no enough developed quality... That was my mistake and I apologize for that! It is not big deal!

Bearmeat's picture

September 08, 2016 at 09:11 am

Their best bet with him is to train him up. And trade him the year after Hundley is traded for a low pick. And hope to God they never have to use him.

Bearmeat's picture

September 08, 2016 at 11:06 am

I seriously don't get the downvotes. Look, I'm glad that Callahan has made the team. I want him to improve. But I would rather not see AR injured - and that's the only way he sees the field. Plus, I'd rather get compensation for his development when he leaves.

jeremyjjbrown's picture

September 08, 2016 at 11:19 am

I don't either. I never downvote folks for expressing an opinion, just for being a*******s.

Bearmeat's picture

September 08, 2016 at 12:58 pm

I mean, it's not like I really care that I'm unpopular. This ain't middle school. Someone's opinion is their opinion.

I just didn't get it.

EdsLaces's picture

September 08, 2016 at 02:37 pm

I get one down vote every tune I post...I think it's the ghost of TTwins.

NickPerry's picture

September 09, 2016 at 06:08 am

I got you back to even with a "Thumbs Up" Ed.

marpag1's picture

September 09, 2016 at 08:55 am

Don't get it? It's easy, Bearmeat. It's because you said "and hope to God they never have to use him." Sacrilege! If you don't say that he's better now than joe Montana ever was, someone is going to down vote.

ray nichkee's picture

September 08, 2016 at 03:41 pm

I'm not sure but you stated trade hundley for a low round pick. Many think he is worth a high round pick if he continues to develope.

mrtundra's picture

September 08, 2016 at 09:22 am

I think Hundley is a better QB than Callahan is. I also feel that Hundley would be better trade material if we were to need, say, a Guard on offense...

Tundraboy's picture

September 08, 2016 at 11:49 pm

Speaking for the Tundra family as well, I agree.

PackEyedOptimist's picture

September 08, 2016 at 09:25 am

I agree that Hundley becomes trade bait and Callahan becomes a quality back-up to Rodgers. I think Hundley has more talent/potential, but Callahan reminds me of a Fran Tarkington/Doug Flutie crossbreed--and that's pretty good!

Since'61's picture

September 08, 2016 at 10:29 am

The Packers will need to make room for Pennel and Linsley when they return. Assuming no one is injured and Hundley is 100% I think that Callahan will be moved to the PS to make room for one of their returns. I believe that Goodson will be chucked unless we have injuries to our DBs. If in fact Callahan or Hawkins or another UDFA are released it will just add to my frustration about releasing Sitton since we could have released them now and kept Josh. As for Callahan he plays with a lot of heart but I don't see him as a successful NFL QB over the long term. If Hundley were healthy this preseason how much of Callahan would we really have seen? Yes, he played well but in the final game against KCs backups he didn't put any points on the board except for the TD following the blocked punt. He plays hard and is fun to watch in the preseason when it doesn't count but I don't think it will be fun if he ever needs to come into a real game for the Packers. But who knows, stranger things have happened. Johnny U was released by the Steelers and Bart Starr was a 17th round draft choice. Thanks, Since '61

ray nichkee's picture

September 08, 2016 at 11:03 am

We don't know what happend with sitton. He was released in time to get a healthy 2 year extension, more than the packers could pay, so maybe the move was out of respect for him. If he were to get injured this year that contract may not happen. Everybody has to be replaced at some point for better or worse. I can only be sure of one thing, sitton was not released to make room for any undrafted free agents roster spot. It's a tough business.

Razer's picture

September 08, 2016 at 12:29 pm

I am glad that you recognized that the move might have been in the best interest of Sitton. He got a great deal from Chicago with $10.2 million guaranteed. With a wonky back, his 3 year deal might be the best case scenario. Good for him, the Packers don't have to deal with a distraction or his salary.

September 08, 2016 at 08:54 pm

If you think TT released Sitton out of concern for Sitton's best interests rather than whatever reason the FO had, I've got a bridge to nowhere to sell you. No reasonable person should be able to think that way. I thought TT was as ruthless as Lombardi? Now you guys have him being a pussy cat. I think he is just insane.

Razer's picture

September 09, 2016 at 07:25 am

I did give you the wrong impression. I doubt that TT was motivated to take care Sitton. The end result of releasing Sitton works out well for him and probably the Packers. People tend to think that the outright cut is a brutal piece of business. On many levels it is the best for both parties - feelings aside.

September 09, 2016 at 11:08 am

BTW: The contract Sitton signed isn't nearly as good as it sounds. It is really a 2 yr., $13M dollar contract or a 1yr., $8.25M deal if he really bombs with $2.33M dead money hit in 2017 if he only lasts one year in Chicago. The 3rd yr. is at the Bears' option, and the guaranteed money is much smaller than advertised; almost half ($4.75M) of the $10M guaranteed is this year's base pay, with the rest consisting of a $2M signing bonus and $1.5M roster bonus that is guaranteed in 2017. The rest is not guaranteed for cap reasons.

LeagueObsrvr's picture

September 08, 2016 at 12:38 pm

I agree with your post '61. I think Callahan was destined for the practice squad if Hundley doesn't tweek his ankle in the preseason. If Hundley comes back full strength, Callahan gets moved to the PS. I also agree with your take on Goodson, I think he gets released upon his return from suspension. And the release of Sitton still bugs me too. I feel if the front office was truly committed to winning a title this season, they could've shown more flexibility in dealing with Sitton and found a way to keep him on the roster. I'm afraid his release may have a negative effect on lockerroom morale going into this season and beyond in terms of how the players view the front office.

Since'61's picture

September 08, 2016 at 01:39 pm

Observer - see link to article on Sitton release in my earlier post above.. Pretty much what I have been posting for the past 2 days. Thanks, Since '61

croatpackfan's picture

September 09, 2016 at 06:36 am

Dear Since '61, what I'm telling you about this matter is that you and lot of reporters and fans shows nothing else but anger. There is no fact for anything than fact that Josh Sitton was cut and that Josh Sitton agent was ruining chances of Packers to trade Josh Sitton by publicly saying that Packers are trying to trade Josh or they will cut him. For me this is enough to start to suspect that behind this cut are much more than insanity!
Unfortunately, as I see there is few people here who was responsible for functioning some business. You will not become successful with ego or insane decisions. And Packers business is successful business.
It is the easiest way to blame person who do not want to talk about how he is doing business. School is expensive. If you want to know how, pay for your education...
That is that simple. And sometimes you need to make the decision you do not want to. Only great managers are able to make that kind of moves...

zerotolerance's picture

September 08, 2016 at 01:39 pm

I think obviously there will be a few injuries over the first four games. Always has.

Packer_Pete's picture

September 08, 2016 at 10:33 am

Callahan is the QB #3. 'nuff said about his value...

jeremyjjbrown's picture

September 08, 2016 at 11:18 am

His biggest value is that it makes it easier to move Hundley. But Hundley is going to have to make it through another productive preseason or a few game regular season stint to become valuable enough to move. Let's hope it's the former.

Bear's picture

September 08, 2016 at 11:53 am

Something to think about. With the money they are making some athletes retire early. Is Rogers one of these guys! Could Rogers say the heck with it and retire after 2 years,,,,,,Hundley may be your starter and not be trade bait.

jeremyjjbrown's picture

September 08, 2016 at 06:09 pm

I am dubious.

September 10, 2016 at 09:49 am

Hi, Dubious!

NickPerry's picture

September 09, 2016 at 06:36 am

Actually Bear, that's been something I've thought about more than once, even though Rodgers has said he'd like to play until he's 40. I think the older Rodgers gets, the more attention he pays to whether or not TT is doing everything he can to help them win another SB.

Rodgers cares about his "Legacy", another SB Title or two would go a long ways in building a case as the "Best Ever", at least Top 2 or 3. I think he cares about being mentioned in the same sentence as Joe Montana, his childhood hero.

I'll go to my grave believing TT should and could have made some moves since the 2010 season that would have brought a 14th World Championship to Green Bay. Could Rodgers possibly grow tired of waiting on Ted to put the pieces around him? Cutting an All Pro Guard who's allowed fewer QB pressures in an entire season than Taylor allowed THIS Preseason has had to made Rodgers stop and think, 7 or 8 more seasons of THIS??

Patrick White's picture

September 08, 2016 at 12:15 pm

I don't see what Green Bay sees in Callahan other than his auto parts background. I think this is more a filler thing on the depth chart rather than an actual value. It was either him or Marquise Williams and he outplayed Williams all preseason.

TarynsEyes's picture

September 08, 2016 at 12:34 pm

If this was just a filler move that Williams would have been the option. Hundley may not be healthy yet but they can still put Callahan on the practice squad next week and possibly bring another up. Callahan will be around one way or another.

Patrick White's picture

September 08, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Why do you think Williams would have been the option over Callahan?

TarynsEyes's picture

September 08, 2016 at 01:14 pm

Because being a filler is disposable and Callahan isn't a mere disposable player as seen.

Patrick White's picture

September 08, 2016 at 06:29 pm

Your right. But I think he is disposable. I think they are keeping him to develop him but also to open up another practice squad slot.

September 10, 2016 at 11:41 am

Would you rather open a spot on the 53 or a spot on the PS? I'd rather have the open slot on the 53.

September 10, 2016 at 09:51 am

It was Callahan or neither. Williams never showed enough--or really had the chance to show enough in PS games--to make the 53. I'll be honest: I don't think Callahan really earned a spot on the 53 absent questions about Hundley's ankle. He belongs on the PS, and will be there before the season's up.

marpag1's picture

September 09, 2016 at 08:31 am

For what possible reason would anyone keep "filler" on their 53 man roster?

Amanofthenorth's picture

September 09, 2016 at 11:28 pm

Did you not watch him play? Four games, no turnovers and he kept getting better.

Razer's picture

September 08, 2016 at 12:35 pm

Callahan did very well for a guy playing with 2nd and 3rd string talent. He is smart, mobile and has a strong arm. I am thinking in the mould of Drew Brees. Given our past with QB injury, he is good insurance. Moreover, with time, he may be the next best bet to carry the torch. Better to have him than dig through the QB discard pile.

Good move to keep him and good move to invest development in both Hundley and Callahan.

aaronqb's picture

September 08, 2016 at 01:26 pm

I think Callahan's value is unknown at this point. Unless he was kept on the 53-man simply to hedge against Hundley's ankle injury and potential unavailability in the first few weeks of the season, we know the Packers think enough of him to invest development resource into him.

His arm doesn't look nearly as good as Hundley's, but it isn't bad.

If Callahan develops into a serviceable #2 QB this year, it would enable the Packers to trade Hundley next off-season to acquire an additional (high) draft pick or a player they covet.

If Callahan does not develop into a serviceable #2, then his value will be zero.

Turophile's picture

September 09, 2016 at 02:36 am

croatpackfan (first post). Callahan has a double value. He may prove good enough for the Packers to be comfortable having him as a no.2 for several years, or he may be tradeable himself.

QBs who can play in the NFL have real value. There are 32 teams, but there certainly are not 32 starter level QBs, so there is always a market need where a half dozen teams are looking to upgrade. Even QBs taken in round one have a less than 50/50 chance of succeeding in the NFL, and the odds plummet from there.

If a guy shows talent (as both Hundley and Callahan have), you take the time to find out what their ceiling is. If they are recognised as having solid no.2 talent, they have decent value, which goes higher still if a team thinks they can be a starter. Good QBs are just so tough to get.

I think the Packers are blessed to currently have two that look pretty good. Neither has a noodle (Flynn-like) arm and both at least look like they possess the tougher-to-find requirement, the mental processing speed to operate in the NFL.

al bundy's picture

September 08, 2016 at 06:04 pm

Callahan is Matt Flynn with a different name plain and simple. Hundley has an injury and they are again calling it an ankle thingy. Ya I've had every ankle thingy and if he ain't ready to go after all these weeks it aint and ankle thingy so your forced to keep Callahan.
Hey if Rogers is going to be around X number of years, trade Hundley - like there will be more drafts in the future and keep callahan.

PackEyedOptimist's picture

September 08, 2016 at 10:40 pm

Flynn had two of the highest-rated quarterback games in Packer history...
;-)

Turophile's picture

September 09, 2016 at 02:56 am

Yeah, get rid of promising guys before they have time hit their peak value, smart al.

As for "Callahan is Matt Flynn ", he has a stronger arm than Flynn ever had, not superstrong, but plenty good enough to get the ball downfield. It will get a little stronger too, as routinely happens to QBs who are in the Packers camp for a year or two.

Your contention that his injury is lasting so long it isn't an 'ankle thingy', is flat out wrong. Some ankle injuries, like a high ankle sprain, are notorious for lingering months. Recovery time from a high ankle sprain can be from 8 weeks to 6 months, before the tib and fib ligaments recover. It is more of a sports injury where either the ankle is twisted outward or the toes are forced toward the shin, beyond their normal range.

September 08, 2016 at 09:14 pm

I don't expect Callahan to be on the 53 for 6 games, at which time he accrues a season. We will know more about what GB thinks of Callahan at that time. If Hundley is healthy and the team lets Callahan accrue a season, that will speak volumes.

NashvilleCheesehead's picture

September 09, 2016 at 05:33 am

PLEASE let Sunday get here soon...if I read one more speculative post about Sitton my head will explode. Cripes, this has gotten so very, very tedious.....It is done. Now it is time for some FOOTBALL.

sheppercheeser's picture

September 09, 2016 at 06:03 am

Bear, Jeremy and Laces, I'm sorry your feelings are hurt, now go see Dr. Phil and leave your whining with him. Let's just talk football here please.....

Handsback's picture

September 09, 2016 at 07:30 am

Once Hundley is 100%, Callahan goes back to the PS and continues to work to get better. Callahan could be the back-up for Rodgers and for many other teams out there with time to develop. Without Hundley at 100%, not sure how long that will be, Green Bay had no choice but to put him on the roster. Can he be Rodgers long term back-up? Probably, can he be a starter? That is a bigger question which I can't answer. Let's just say he's a great story. In fact I had an idea for a new book about a situation just like this. Guess I'll move it up in case my fiction becomes real life.

marpag1's picture

September 09, 2016 at 09:15 am

I was mildly surprised that they kept Callahan on the 53, but not shocked, especially considering Hundley's ankle. I still suspect that Callahan will probably end up on the PS when people come off suspension or PUP. But what I don't get at all is how people are already so fired up to trade these guys. Heck, I don't think we REALLY know that either one of them are truly starter (or even quality backup) material. Lots of guys are heroes in preseason.

A few years ago ARod goes down for half a season, and people are critical of TT for not having a competent backup ... and they were absolutely right to be critical. Now a young backup shows a little bit of promise and it seems like half the fan base can't wait to ship him to a different team.

Mrhaney's picture

September 10, 2016 at 08:45 am

Least beat up team at the end of the year usually has the momentum to charge through the playoffs. That only happens with youth. TT has it right. It's a crap-shoot, but youth with the right veterans will give you the best shot at getting to the promise land (SB)

September 10, 2016 at 03:54 pm

Wahle, Rivera, now Sitton. are gone. We see these cuts and claim TT is the greatest GM of all- Time. Yet why aren't these guys traded before the draft? There's more to Sitton's cut. It's not just the money, or the back-ups. If a player has regressed, his speed and footwork show. Well before he gets beat out and cut. So this is on TT for poor planning. Anyone in the NFL knows , and has scouts. He's been selecting players to long in the drafts. Were getting a butch of crap when it comes to TT tipping his hand. Sitton is another one of TTs ugly experiences. ( Farve, Woodson, Bishop, Barnett, etc. ) His planning now has become dangerous to the future of the packers. He has no plan, its BUSINESS. Let alone the draft picks lost to trade up. Or busts he's picked. (Because he had too. ) TT keeps us in dreamland. Comp Picks. Draft and Development! Why do you think MM got blasted about his views on Packer Free Agents. Because it's a Keep the door open, until TT slams it in their Face.