Packer Transplants 162 - Bring on the Bills

Corey Behnke and Aaron Nagler try to move past the debacle in Washington and look forward to the suddenly dangerous Buffalo Bills.

Episode 162

Listen in...

Streaming audio - Press play

Download/Play Versions: Download/Play Podcast

Free Podcast Subscription Option

If you want to catch us live make sure to add Notifications on our Facebook  page or Subscribe to our Youtube page.

Tarynfor12's picture

September 26, 2018 at 07:56 pm

The conversation as to the amount of weapons and how trying to get all involved as to using the hot weapon.
I offer this analogy...

Rodgers is the WD-40
Aaron Jones is the pliers
Adams or Graham is the duct tape

If MM can't do better or know how to use these tools better....then there is no use supporting him.

RCPackerFan's picture

September 27, 2018 at 07:19 am

Great show as always!

A lot of people want to complain about McCarthy and for different reasons.
To me the biggest issue is the player usage.

While I agree 6 carries wasn't enough for Jones, my thought is they probably wanted to limit his amount of snaps in his first game back. For the first game, I will let it slide but he HAS to play more starting this week.

The Lewis playing time just confuses me. What I don't get is how much Kendricks is playing and how Lewis is playing so little. I'd like to see a lot more Lewis and less Kendricks.
Also, they kept Tonyan for a reason. Get him some action too.
I'd also love to see them find ways to get MVS involved more in the offense. Using his speed.

My second biggest complaint is the lack of creativity in the offense. We watch different teams and how creative they are on with misdirection plays and doing things to confuse defenses. We could easily do that. But we don't.

LambeauPlain's picture

September 27, 2018 at 08:35 am

Bell and Spriggs vs that Bills D line could be a season ending situation for #12.

At least Bulaga practiced yesterday.

Good grief...sign Evans.

Chuck Farley's picture

September 27, 2018 at 08:59 am

Nothing changed of my opinion of this team. They have mostly avg players, many who were injury prone pre draft. What do fans expect. With Rodgers an 8-8 team.
The Lions bears and vikes didn't just sit around and miss the draft. Not to mention acquire free agents.

Oppy's picture

September 27, 2018 at 09:29 am

You clearly aren't a Packers fan, or at the very least, you're not anywhere near an up-to-date or observant one.

Tarynfor12's picture

September 27, 2018 at 10:28 am

"...active as anyone in free agency in 2018."

A car doing 25 in a 65 speed zone is also active. The Packers are doing 25 and everyone can observe that.

As to knocking anything out of the park even seemingly....aren't you the strong proponent of the 3 year rule before judging or concluding.

Oppy's picture

September 27, 2018 at 02:19 pm

First two picks from this draft both immediate contributors and look like potential long term starters with high upside (based on actual game play thus far)

Got an extra first rounder for 2019

JK Scott immediately a huge upgrade for ST, field flipping punter

restocked the cupboards with three tall, athletic WR prospects

Oren Burks showed good things in preseason, will find out more about him most likely this week.

Packers FA acquisitions of note: Jimmy Graham, Tramon Williams, Marcedes Lewis, Davon House, Mo Wilkerson, Bashaud Breeland,

Packers trade for Antonio Morrison, Deshaun KIzer (my personal nightmare)

I stand by my comment, even in light of your overwhelming "realist" outlook.

Jonathan Spader's picture

September 27, 2018 at 10:33 am

Oppy: don't feed the Chuck

Taryn: Oppy said seem to have indicating that he's been happy so far with what we've seen from Gute's draft. To this point that was mainly preseason and splashes of Alexander and Jackson in the regular season.

Royalty Free GM's picture

September 27, 2018 at 11:22 am

”Packers seem to have knocked it out of the park in the 2018 draft and have been about as active as anyone in free agency in 2018.”

;) LOL This is something a Viking fan would say as a joke! Go back to Minneapolis.
Well I have to admit you Vikings got better db (Mike Hughes) with 30th pick than we did with a higher pick.

How about being effective in FA? That’s a skill our GMs has been lacking!

Oppy's picture

September 27, 2018 at 02:21 pm

Read my above response to Taryn.

There's probably a reason you don't get paid royalties for your GMing prowess. You don't even know what moves the team has made this year.