Pack-A-Day Podcast - Episode 808 - Reviewing the Packers' 2020 Draft Class

Andrew Mertig compares the Packers 2020 draft classes performance to his pre-draft rankings and takes a sneak peak at Wide Receiver prospects for the 2021 NFL Draft.

__________________________

Andy is a graduate of UW-Oshkosh and owns & operates the Pack-A-Day Podcast. Andy has taken multiple courses in NFL scouting and is an Editor for Packer Report. You can find him on WFRV's Green Bay Nation and every Friday on the Friday Film Room on WDUZ . Andy grew up in Green Bay and is a lifelong season ticket holder - follow him on Twitter @AndyHermanNFL!

gabuma's picture

October 10, 2020 at 03:57 pm

It's totally true that plastic baggage can save our environment but it's quite hard to teach the people for doing that. Because there are a lot of people who don't follow these rules and https://plasmacutterguide.com is so much helpful to teach these type of people. I am one of those people who cares about the environment and want to save it too.

CoachDino's picture

October 10, 2020 at 09:35 pm

I enjoyed your podcast.

How do you judge the best player? Immediate impact?

Loved your honest evaluation, a bit hard on yourself. You never know, the guys you had rated higher than taken may turn out to be just what you projected.

Continuous improvement is key but please don't get caught up in that confirmation bias. Trust yourself!!

Remember the Packers are a draft and development draft organization

CoachDino's picture

October 10, 2020 at 09:41 pm

Dillon might of be taken early, according to your and others, the Packers may have rated him at the same place,, but knew they wouldn't be able to get him there. So decided that they valued him enough for their needs to take him when they had the chance.

October 11, 2020 at 03:45 pm

Claypool would have been the better pick. Should have Been: Queen, Claypool + That Trade up pick. Niang RT. And now will lose Jones, Bahk.

Lphill's picture

October 11, 2020 at 09:47 am

Does Lafluer not value Dillion as much as everyone else how many times do we have to see Jones stopped in short yardage situations before Dillon gets A shot I mean everyone gushed over his legs in pre season.

packer132's picture

October 11, 2020 at 10:40 am

I have read that he may not be up to speed on the playbook and there is no rush to get him in the game yet. He is a rookie who I think will see the field more in the second half of the year.

October 11, 2020 at 02:24 pm

The Steelers understand Defense First. If they don't play Dillion soon. He was the wrong pick. Still Think they were hoping for Claypool. And Thats where BG should have used the 4th traded pick.

PackEyedOptimist's picture

October 11, 2020 at 10:15 am

I'm champing at the bit to see more of Dillon, since I talked about him a lot BEFORE the draft, but with Jones and Williams both having career years, it makes sense to use Dillon very little right now. If either of them is injured, he'll get plenty of use.
I'm hoping to see more of the Dillon + Ervin pairing that we saw briefly in the first game. I love the potential of that combo.

October 11, 2020 at 02:15 pm

I had HighTower WR above Dillion. He sure is doing well.

October 11, 2020 at 02:03 pm

Your draft comments were interesting. But the packers had a bad draft. 1. Instead of taking TRUE starters. We got a whole draft of projects. Thats the problem for me. Love was TOOO serious of a project. And Dillion should be compared to the other draft picks taken ahead of him. Stick him in there! So we trade draft capitol again. And it's killing me. I believe BG did better with his later picks this draft. His smartest moves were Ronyan and Garvin. And I'm not upset at not taking a WR. Nor will I be next year. The mistake is not taking what this draft could give him. A starter at ILB. (Instead he's killed our FAs by by paying Kirksey and Wagner.) Now Hurt. The hole was also on the DL. So lets look at what BG could have done. Signed a FA DL. Drafted a ILB. 2. Instead of a RB= trade up or take that Safety first. After all he took one later. Was Dillion really a need? After all; they sure aren't in any hurry to play him. Let alone sign Jones when they had the chance. I Believe Jones and Williams have better hands then are WRs. And that drafting Dillion was a mistake when we have all we need at RB. 3. TE - Again Rodgers found his men. Tonyan! Bg made a mistake. The TE position will be one of the best in the NFL by the end of the year. I prefer True TEs. Not Tweeners. Let alone projects. And thats really BGs mistake. HE likes PROJECTS. Why does a GM thinks he can out smart everyone? Its the biggest mistake that always shows up when teams start to lose. BG got an F for this draft. It's easy to see why.