Pack-A-Day Podcast - Episode 1011 - Packers Select Josh Myers & Amari Rodgers

After a fast and furious day two of the NFL Draft, the Packers found themselves with two new players on offense as they selected offensive lineman Josh Myers out of Ohio State and wide receiver Amari Rodgers out of Clemson. Dan Kotnik, Paul Bretl, and Mark Eckel are here to break down your two newest Green Bay Packers!

__________________________

Andy is a graduate of UW-Oshkosh and owns & operates the Pack-A-Day Podcast. Andy has taken multiple courses in NFL scouting and is an Editor for Packer Report. You can find him on WFRV's Green Bay Nation and every Friday on the Friday Film Room on WDUZ . Andy grew up in Green Bay and is a lifelong season ticket holder - follow him on Twitter @AndyHermanNFL!

MarkinMadison's picture

May 01, 2021 at 08:09 am

I love the Amari Rodgers pick. Of the slot guys in this draft, he has the most meat on his bones. Hopefully he will hold up better (yes I know about the knee injury, but he only missed one game). Player who played on a big stage.

One thing about the Rodgers saga that is bothering me: they haven't extended Davante Adams yet either. Maybe the Packers are holding on Adams until they get Rodgers resolved. OTOH maybe Adams won't want to be in Green Bay with a developing QB. If he wants to get to a Super Bowl, he may be looking at Love and thinking, "by the time this guy gets it together I'll be past my prime." And of all of the receivers who have been in Green Bay over the last decade, with the possible exception of Jordy Nelson, none of them have seemed to be as in sync with Rodgers as Adams. If that turns out to be true, failing to net a premier WR out of these two classes will haunt the Packers for years.

May 02, 2021 at 03:47 am

It may be that Davante is waiting upon events. Money usually talks, though. Time will tell.

arizonayahoo07@gmail.com's picture

May 01, 2021 at 10:34 am

I have been a packer backer since the early Lombardi years... Arron Rogers is with out a doubt one of footballs top performers.. But he seems to have personal relationship problems.. And it will be carried n through his entire life. If he does not deal with these issues.. Family, lovers, Head coaches, and of course management.. I s that why he dropped so far down the draft? His reputation precedes him? Oh now after 13 or so years of being a successful starter... Now x- number of teams and fans would love to have him...
But Greenbay deserves to have one more year.. possibly a Super Bowl year... The packers management should get x number of first round draft choices.. And become another Lombardi team..And then Rogers will have regrets that not even being a game show will be able to relieve him of.

Matt Gonzales's picture

May 01, 2021 at 07:14 pm

Here's my take on this. I think Rodgers is GBs best chance at a SB this year and I hope he comes back. But at the same time, I really dislike that it took GB drafting another QB for him to go back, self scout to identify the bad habits and poor mechanics that had been developing over the last 4 years, and then work to correct them. Many QBs work with throwing and biomechanics coaches to help extend their playing careers, which is something I don't think Aaron has ever done (at least not that has been reported). There is a weird pride with this that kind of rubs me the wrong way

Packerfactor's picture

May 01, 2021 at 10:33 am

We need to move up again today (Saturday) and grab us a DT. Hopefully DT from Iowa Daviyon Nixon who I think is still on the board.

canadapacker's picture

May 01, 2021 at 08:34 pm

Talking heads got to talk – but I think that I am going to stop warching TV and looking at these websites until things really slow down and that the AR thing is somewhat resolved. Now I hear from some of these talking heads that even though the Pack picked a CB at their first pick they get a C behind all the other teams because they didnt address AR! Now excuse me – first off this win the draft or lose the draft means nothing right now – but you are not evaluating what the Pack did versus what they might need – you are evaluating what the press might think that AR might feel??? I would guess if you look at last years draft all those guys who took wide receivers ahead of Minnies Jefferson -like the Eagles Cowboys Broncos and Raiders are losers. But I guess it is time to stop reading all these guys. BTW – this is the best draft ever because all of the praise that everybody heaped on everybody – all these QB’s are going to be in the HOF – ya right.

May 01, 2021 at 09:50 pm

I feel the packers didn't address anything. Personally I see nothing but camp Bodies. 1. Stokes. Taking a CB over a DL stunk. Clark needed help. And you can't tell me Gute got the one he wanted. I believe that the hate for King was so strong, this pick helped other teams more then we can imagine. 2. TT found his centers later in the draft. The mistake here is not having faith in what you have. And expecting a Rookie to play like Linsley. Again McNeil/DT was the answer. 3. Why the WR.? Why was a slot needed now? Over Defense? Somebody has to go. . This was not a move to help Rodgers. We know he can't deal with Rookies until their forced on him. What ever the reasons. It should have been dealt with when Cobb left. A SS or LB was the pick. My conclusion is that either Gute is to emotional. Or he's just Blind. Maybe he just doesn't understand what it takes to make a winner.

nick88's picture

May 01, 2021 at 10:33 pm

If Rodgers doesn’t play I wonder if rivers would give one last shot?