Gut Reactions: The Packers are a mess

Aaron gives his gut reactions to the Packers abysmal 17-13 loss to the Las Vegas Raiders

• Yes, they're bad.
  • No, no one is getting fired.
  • LaFleur knows he can't fire Barry not only because he's the one who brought him back but because LaFleur's offense can't do anything to support the defense.
  • If you have held your opponent to 10 points heading into the 4th quarter and you have a competent offense, that's a game you should be winning.
  • I saw a lot of Jordan Love bashing during the game and all I can say is those folks defiinetly don't watch #PackersDaily because I spent ALL SUMMER telling anyone who would listen that there would be tough stretches from the Packers first time starter. Welcome.
  • Three picks isn't great obviously, but two of them I don't kill him for. That first one was atrocious though.
  • It really does feel like '93 Favre out there at times.
  • AJ Dillon played a good game. Incredible what some blocking will do for a guy.
  • Despite the TD he gave up, Rudy Ford played a hell of a game.
  • Preston Smith on Davante Adams is an all-timer and illustrates how Joe Barry just isn't a very good coach. You do not see that kind of thing happen on good defenses and its the kind of thing you see with some regularity in Green Bay.
  • I hate losses heading into the bye week. Long time to stew.
  • I know there will be a lot, a WHOLE lot of doomsday talk around the team, the coaches, Jordan Love, anyone and everyone associated with the Green and Gold. If you're a bandwagon fan and need to jump, I get it. I'll be here Carrying The G when you get back.
  • Go Pack Go.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHEESEHEAD NATION WEEKLY NEWSLETTER HERE.

__________________________

Dragon5's picture

October 09, 2023 at 10:45 pm

Gulp, CurdNation, you ain't seen nothing yet.  Futility encore is coming week 7.  Two weeks to prepare and get right /  healthy...against the NFL's worst defense.  If you remove the MIA 70pt drubbing, Broncos still spotting 28 / game.

TarynsEyes's picture

October 09, 2023 at 10:59 pm

So, you're saying Denver will be the gift the Packers need, and here I was led to believe it was the Raiders.

buckyor's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:27 pm

Perhaps the Packers will be the gift the Broncos needed?

WestCoastPackerBacker's picture

October 10, 2023 at 10:03 am

Looks that way . . .

KenEllis's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:27 pm

The Raiders roster S T I N K S outside of Crosby, Davante, and Jacobs.

McDaniels can't coach and will likely get fired after the season..

But Vegas was the better team tonight and the teams looked to be about equal from a talent standpoint.

Sad, just sad.

TarynsEyes's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:47 pm

"The Raiders roster S T I N K S outside of Crosby, Davante, and Jacobs."

Not in MLF's eyes.

Wenis's picture

October 10, 2023 at 01:18 am

In my opinion I don't see Greenbay winning another game this season. Poor Bush league coaching and the acceptance of mediocrity has infected this entire organization top to bottom.

WestCoastPackerBacker's picture

October 10, 2023 at 10:04 am

Poor play isn't acceptance of mediocrity. I don't see that at all. I see a young team struggling, with their own growth, with coaching issues, with inconsistency, etc. I don't see any "acceptance of mediocrity."

PhantomII's picture

October 09, 2023 at 10:47 pm

Packers were ranked 15. Raiders are not very good and we are worse. Not having Jones was huge. Watson so far this year is nothing like 2022. ML is not scheming similar successful plays from 2022. People gotta catch the ball. We should get some good draft picks. We are deep into the 20s ranking...or we should be.

fthisJack's picture

October 10, 2023 at 06:57 am

Hard to catch the football when its thrown too far, too short, or behind receivers. Love is not accurate with his passes.

Coldworld's picture

October 10, 2023 at 08:58 am

And when it is thrown accurately and it’s dropped or WRs don’t contest the DB as well, it becomes the mess we see.

KnockTheSnotOutOfYou's picture

October 10, 2023 at 11:20 am

Until Watson learns to use his body and box out the defender to win contested catches he is a one trick pony. Doubs is #1, which has been my thoughts all along. With poor pass protection aside so few pass attempts to Doubs is puzzling.

BruceC1960's picture

October 09, 2023 at 10:52 pm

Our O-line is bad. Pass block and run block. We didn’t draft or sign any O-line. That makes no sense. Now O-line is one of our priorities for 2024 draft? Missing 69 this year is a bit of a surprise, but no one expected him to come back in 2024.

Coldworld's picture

October 10, 2023 at 09:00 am

It’s pretty clear that teams have figured out this OL. it’s pretty clear watching it why that isn’t surprising.

Leatherhead's picture

October 09, 2023 at 10:52 pm

Most of our drives are stopped by our own mistakes. A penalty, a bad throw, a dropped pass....we just keep stopping ourselves. My initial impression is that Love didn't play real well.

Most football games are not won, they are lost, and we lost this game. We had plenty of opportunities to step up and just didn't. I really thought we'd have a better offense than last year. So far, we don't.

A long plane ride home.

PackerAaron's picture

October 09, 2023 at 10:58 pm

Spot on man.

Real Talk Ryan's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:12 pm

We got rid of an MVP, future hall of Fame quarterback, did nothing to improve our Oline, and have all 1 and 2 year receivers and tight ends on offense and you thought our offense was going to be better???
Explain how that was going to happen...

Packerpasty's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:32 pm

well , many on this forum said it would be Love making the Packers a better team...all the guys who said they would win the division, get in the playoffs, etc with Love leading the way...sorry I dont see it, especially with the head coach who dont have a clue..

Coldworld's picture

October 10, 2023 at 09:02 am

I don’t think so. I think most of us thought we’d see growth pains galore.

Sadly we are not seeing growth from the coaches, just pain. We are finding out painful truths about why the last dances were futile.

Moving in from Rodgers became a cap driven necessity. Moving in from LaFleur and his staff is becoming an obvious one based on the play on the field.

Tundraboy's picture

October 10, 2023 at 10:14 am

Spot on!

KnockTheSnotOutOfYou's picture

October 10, 2023 at 11:23 am

We do not have even one TE who is even an average blocker. Huge, particularly with our OL.

Hoping for massive improvement in this area for 2024. What is going on with Tucker?

WestCoastPackerBacker's picture

October 10, 2023 at 10:10 am

Honestly, that's what stuns me. What would make a fan think an offense would be better a year AFTER the Hall of Fame QB is traded? I didn't understand all the fans so happy to usher him out the door. We are seeing exactly what I feared. I mean, look at Belichick without Brady, Sean Payton without Brees. Rodgers had a bumpy first year and he had players with game experience at WR. Love doesn't have experienced WRs, or TEs, or a decent offensive line. It feels sometimes like the successful coaches in GB have moved on, and those that are promoted are in over their heads.

I was wondering all summer as fans were waiting with bated breath to see the real LaFleur offense . . . well, I guess you got your wish.

Packerpasty's picture

October 09, 2023 at 10:53 pm

With MLF and his play calling and Love with his accuracy problems, he rarely hits guys in stride and anything long is a prayer, I dont see many more wins coming...Jones back will help I guess....someone give me an example of a young QB who was very average and then became very accurate and dynamic...I dont see how Love is going to grow anymore than he is now...he's been running scout team he aint no kid like everyone says...he's been here long enough to "grow"

Real Talk Ryan's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:16 pm

100% agree.
Look at Brock Purdy with the niners. Second year guy, 23 years old and threw 4 touchdowns against what many thought was one of the best defenses in the league. Apparently he's had plenty of time to grow. Of course one difference is he's had much superior coaching than Love has.

Packerpasty's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:29 pm

Purdy didnt have much growing he was good last year...he's an accurate passer always was considered accurate in college...didnt Love lead all of college football in INT's one year?? He still growing I guess..he better speed it up..

Real Talk Ryan's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:39 pm

That all may be true, but then the Packers made an enormous reach on Love in the first round if a guy like Purdy who doesn't need to grow and apparently can step in and be productive right out of the gate. And Purdy was the last pick in the draft.
Either way, I think most of our problems lie with MLF and the front office. It's a circus with that lost it's main attraction getting rid of Rodgers.

Coldworld's picture

October 10, 2023 at 09:07 am

Purdy isn’t asked to do anything. Low percentage, rely on the team around him. Of course he has better accuracy. He has a coach that knows how to use him as he knew how to use Jimmy G and a veteran cast of good players around him.

packanimal's picture

October 10, 2023 at 11:46 am

I agree about Love's inaccuracy. There's also his bad decision-making -- far too many throws to receivers who are closely covered, sometimes double-covered.

We're stuck with this guy. Is there a QB coach now or after this season whom we might be able to get who could make a significant difference in his performance? I'm sorry not to have any nominees.

edp1959's picture

October 09, 2023 at 10:53 pm

Love is on Gute and MLF. They were so giddy to get Rodgers out and put their guy in. Did they really believe this guy can lead this team to a winning season much less a Super Bowl?

kozmo's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:00 pm

im guessing they knew they wouldn't do any of those things this year... and IM betting that Favre threw a few picks in his first year....and in is last...time will us and the time is not up......give the kid a break

murf7777's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:08 pm

Actually Favre threw 24 picks in his second year as a starter for the Packers. Yes, it will take time, keeping in mind the most experience any pass Catcher has is 1 year and 5 games.

Coldworld's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:16 pm

Not this year. The more interesting question is why they think LaFleur can when he couldn’t with Rodgers. Then again, perhaps we are seeing why he couldn’t revealed

Real Talk Ryan's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:48 pm

Coldworld, I agree with just about everything you write. I said the exact thing all off season. How could anyone think this team would be better with an unproven QB and MLF as the coach?
If MLF couldn't do it with Rodgers he sure isn't going to do it with what we have now!

barutanseijin's picture

October 10, 2023 at 12:30 am

All you Rodgers guys don’t seem to get that the dude is 40 and highly susceptible to injury. If they had gone with Rodgers this year, he’d be hobbling around Malibu and you guys would be pissing and moaning about Love.

edp1959's picture

October 10, 2023 at 07:45 am

Typical comment. Rodgers injury more than likely would not have happened if he had been on regular turf, but go ahead and keep making excuses for Love. That was a bad pick period.

Coldworld's picture

October 10, 2023 at 09:09 am

What you are missing is that we are seeing why a Rodgers led team failed when it mattered. You are missing the wood for the trees.

October 09, 2023 at 10:54 pm

Aaron
Love ur always jest of the Pack but even u have to cave at some point and say
Fuck lafluer and Barry and this dismal shit show
Enough
Really Aaron

cpabandit's picture

October 09, 2023 at 10:55 pm

Let's need even start with Barry, the coach that clearly should be fired. Love is just not the answer. His passes don't have a zip to it. His passes are inaccurate, he continues to throw long to double covered receivers. He doesn't not scan the field and look for opportunities, or perhaps he looks but cannot adjust. I'm tired of reading that they're a young team. I don't see anyone that will be a top ten player in the next three years or so. No I'm not a doomsday fan, rather a Packer fan for over 50 years. Perhaps you, PackerAaron should wake up and stop drinking the cool aide. This team is hurting on offense because MLF is a total idiot in playcalling, and defense because Barry shoud have been fired last year. Bad passes, dropped balls, Love running for his life from defenders, no d-line as rushers have their best games against the Packers and make the opposing QB look like a future HOFer.

Norm's picture

October 10, 2023 at 08:41 am

"Love is just not the answer"
England Dan and John Ford Coley would disagree.

Cwilly's picture

October 09, 2023 at 10:55 pm

There a bad team and been a fan for 30 years. Defense scheme is bad and offense scheme bad. I agree with your post but this isn’t going to get better unless after the season the dead weight is dropped. Love played really bad but the drops didn’t help as well. Overall this team was handed a gift from a bad coach and some how we kose doesn’t say much about this team! He’s an awful coach and to lose the way we did today I don’t have much faith in this organization. Love was bad today but I think he’s been okay and the drops didn’t help. I’ll give him the season and next to see what he is but overall the team isn’t what they should be with the capital they’ve spent on d!

October 09, 2023 at 10:56 pm

Fucking clean house

ImaPayne's picture

October 10, 2023 at 09:13 am

gonna take years of losing to rebuild this team. theyre just atent playmakers on either side the ball

October 09, 2023 at 10:57 pm

Gut this shit show like Detroit did

ImaPayne's picture

October 10, 2023 at 09:15 am

talk about an fn dumpster fire. Oakland was god awful last night and yet beat us.

4thand1's picture

October 09, 2023 at 10:57 pm

I've been watching the Packers for over 50 years. Seen my share of ups and downs. Right now this ranks with some of the worst football I've witnessed. We'll get em next year.

ImaPayne's picture

October 10, 2023 at 09:18 am

this team needs way more then one fn year of drafting. there is way to avg players on this team. plus you have to find a qb too. lots of luck with that your looking at years of losing. lions bears vikes have rebuilt and are in win mode now.

Tundraboy's picture

October 10, 2023 at 10:18 am

....bears vikes have rebuilt and are in win mode now.

Really? Lmao

October 09, 2023 at 10:58 pm

Love is not our love

SinceLombardi's picture

October 09, 2023 at 10:58 pm

The worst part is even if they lost every game for the rest of the season, I think they would bring Scooter LaFluer back.

Dancrothers54's picture

October 09, 2023 at 10:59 pm

Once again, not having Jones hurts, and it becomes sort of sad that in essence, a dirty play saves a touchdown and a win for Vegas but besides, that my biggest take away is that the Packers have to have a offensive identity something they definitely don’t have

October 09, 2023 at 11:10 pm

Jones ain’t no fucking answer

ImaPayne's picture

October 10, 2023 at 09:20 am

noticed in the ninets game they didnt run mcaftey the whole game, they used 5 running backs. not dillon and give taylor a couple chances. what a joke one rb is out and the sky is falling.

October 09, 2023 at 10:59 pm

Fuk la fleury and la berry

October 09, 2023 at 11:01 pm

The Deer in Headlights is back.
Those were some ugly Ints.
There is No offense without Blocking.
I could go on; but you heard it before.
Bombs away.

October 09, 2023 at 11:02 pm

It’s so hard being a packer fan and owner with ignorance in the front office

October 09, 2023 at 11:04 pm

Bingo!

October 09, 2023 at 11:03 pm

We’re fucked for a long time if there’s no balls in green bay

October 09, 2023 at 11:05 pm

I’m embarrassed to be a green-bay fan right now
and have been since 61

Packer_Fan's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:10 pm

The Packers are a mess. Defense gets controlled by good playcallers. The Pack is never in the right place. Why does Rudy Ford play off so far on that TD? What happened to the short passing game. At least they ran for the first few series. Then they went away from it and then came back to it later. Couple of missed INT on the 4th quarter drive. Those would have made a big differnce. other teams have figured out the Lafleur offense. Attack it. Love is not very accurate. What hap;pened to all work during the off season? The Pack have a somewhat easy schedule. But it will be hard for them to win. And the offense is out of time, like they never practiced much. Alesander is playing hurt and avoiding contact.

Starrbrite's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:10 pm

Can’t sugar coat this mess. Extremely disappointing to lose to very poor teams.
I had a sinking feeling when Watson didn’t score on the catch and run.
Are we supposed to suddenly believe in Dillon—NOT!
I had visions of Tim Tebow on a couple of Love’s check-down throws.
Oh well—just beat the Broncos—I hate that team and organization.
Go Packers!!!

SteelyPhil's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:11 pm

I get that the Packers are young. I get that they are missing a few key pieces. But what I've come down to is that this is a poorly coached football team. Whether that's primarily on MLF, Barry, Stenavich, Bisaccia, or the rest of the staff, I have no idea (although it's likely a collaborative effort).

You can't go three games scoring 3 or less points in the first half. You can't live that way. They got away with one with the Saints. The Lions - a much better football team in every respect this year - kicked their teeth in. They couldn't manage to get away with it tonight, despite Josh McDaniels trying to give the game away at the end there with the FG try. This offense is putrid. DBakh and Jones being out sucks, but every other starter played tonight. We can't come up with a game plan that works out of the gate?

As far as I can tell, the Packers as a whole have regressed every game this year. They played arguably their worst football of the year tonight. That's a miserable way to start the season, and, more importantly, a miserable way to start the new post-Rodgers era.

I'm still ride-or-die with this team, but I am looking forward to the bye.

GaryC's picture

October 10, 2023 at 09:26 am

WHAT was that play - think it was the first or second drive - with Watson getting stuffed for a loss and coming after AJ had been making relative progress gaining yards and a couple of first downs. It was almost like LaFleur said “I’ve had enough of this gaining yards lark”. Staggering.

Since'61's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:11 pm

Going back to the 4th quarter of the Falcons games the Packers have played one good quarter of football. That was the 4th quarter of the Saints game which they won thanks to overcoming a 17-0 deficit. They have played one good quarter out of the last 13 quarters they have played and the Packers are 1-3 over that period.

The offense has been nearly non-existant over those 13 quarters. The defense has had moments but has been inconsistent at best like they were tonight agains the Raiders. This was a winnable game but they beat themselves and gave the gamer away to the Raiders. Yes, they are a young team and they will make mistakes. However, they are a very undisciplined team and their coaching is just not very good. It's difficult for a team to improve if the coaching is ineffective.

Fortunately they have a bye week to work on their numerous issues. How they come back and play against the Broncos will tell us plenty about this team and their coaching. Right now they just don't look like they are ready to play competitively against a good team. This was a very disappointing performance. It's going to be a long 2 weeks Thanks, Since '61

Coldworld's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:12 pm

We just had a bye week in effect.

RobinsonDavis's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:49 pm

Hang in there, 61! Well stated...

Fabio's picture

October 10, 2023 at 02:17 am

Hello since '61
Beyond the defeat (very serious and against one of the worst teams at the moment) I would focus attention on the attacking game!!!
Where is the famous MLF illusion?
Was it really Rodgers' fault or maybe AR ended up masking a lot of the problems???
I don't even talk about JB anymore... I'm just saying that coincidentally this was the game in which LVR produced the most rushing yards. (and luckily JG didn't look at DA often otherwise there would have been even bigger trouble)
Greetings in the hope of seeing that famous change that we all hope to see

Coldworld's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:11 pm

What the heck is the excuse for the OL? These personnel choices are baffling.

October 09, 2023 at 11:11 pm

61 was a comment or here reference not a year

October 09, 2023 at 11:12 pm

Lafleur has to GO

October 09, 2023 at 11:12 pm

Now no waiting

October 09, 2023 at 11:13 pm

Change or die

buckyor's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:13 pm

No one is getting fired- today. But when MLF gets fired, perhaps as soon as the end of this season, we will remember this game, and how the team was so completely unprepared. I think we saw that, bad as the defense is at times, it's not just the defense. We have an offensive head coach that really doesn't understand how to use the offensive talent he has,. Today he was outprepared and out coached by Josh McDaniel, which is really saying something. Perhaps the first time McDaniel has ever out coached anyone.

I imagine there's some Group of 5 college team that could use MLF's talents, but right now he's completely overmatched.

October 09, 2023 at 11:14 pm

New qb new head coach new everything

October 09, 2023 at 11:14 pm

Good luck with this shit show

TarynsEyes's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:16 pm

I don't know what this team, as a whole, will do during the next two weeks, but I sure hope it isn't what they believed to be a winning formula so far this season.

There are fingers to be pointed, but, regretfully, there isn't enough fingers, and perhaps that's a good thing because it would be more depressing.

Five games in, and we should give thanks to the Bears, and NO FG kicker, because without them, this team is 0-5. Actually, the record says they're not, but they really are.

October 09, 2023 at 11:20 pm

No ….it’s a shit show clean house
Every post press conference is a joke fro every coach
Clean house or bear the 80’s

saltandpeppers's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:17 pm

Lots of this stuff was to be expected with a very young team. 2-3 is no surprise at all. The most concerning thing to me by far is MLF's play-calling. I see a guy who just doesn't get it and is fixated on getting the "explosives." At times he is the biggest impediment to this team/offense. Two driving killing plays solely on the play-caller. 1). The reverse to Watson in the first-half. 2). The max protect "shot play" with two rookie tight ends blocking Max Crosby, which led to a sack, in the second half. Both were idiotic calls that killed promising drives. Add in the lack of easy/short completions to get his young QB in rhythm and keep the offense on schedule. Very disconcerting stuff.

One more thing: our best corners are Douglas Valentine and Stokes (and it ain't even close).

Packerpasty's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:26 pm

im so tired of hearing about what a young team the Packers are...poor excuse for poor play..

Packerpasty's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:19 pm

Couldn't get any pass interference penalties - game over...one of MLF's best play call didnt work tonight...

October 09, 2023 at 11:19 pm

I remember Dallas getting their speedy WR Cooks matched up on ILB Fred Warner. The receiver got a step or two on Warner but Dak Prescott overthrew him. No one called for their new DC to be fired. Getting a LB matched on a WR happens. Don't like to see it, but the OC gets paid to manufacture such matchups.

Coldworld's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:26 pm

It’s going to happen on occasion, but it seems a little too frequent. Preston on their star receiver is probably a mistake.

SinceLombardi's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:20 pm

Aaron I’ve been following this team since Vince Lombardi was the GM in 1968 when I was 10 years old.
Were they bandwagon fans if they wanted Lindy Infante fired? Tom Braatz? Mike Sherman?
Sorry but a critical look at the Matt LaFluer era ( now in year 5) including his playoff clunkers, head scratching assistant picks ( Mennenga, Drayton and Barry)
The unemotional season finale loss to Detroit in 2022, and the offensive drought for most of the last 23 games puts him in the Infante class. Hell Lindy won 10 games with the Majik man.. I doubt LaFluer could do that.
This team is awful and are too often flat. 10 days to scheme around Maxx Crosby and this is what we got.

Packerpasty's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:25 pm

The Truth!!!

October 09, 2023 at 11:21 pm

No ….it’s a shit show clean house
Every post press conference is a joke fro every coach
Clean house or bear the 80’s

Packerpasty's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:23 pm

bring back Anthony Dilwig...

Packerpasty's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:21 pm

Being outcoached by McDaniels....ouch...

PhantomII's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:23 pm

Gute, not fielding a much better OL is going to enhance JL's bad habits. This is the most immediate change that must happen and it needs to start before the end of this season. It doesn't matter if he burns draft picks or trade players. If we don't get the OL into a top 5 NFL unit, JL future growth is going to be impacted. The Raiders have 1 great player in Crosby and our OL was completely inept at stopping him disrupt on every single play he was on the field. We have lost our All Pro LT for good, our Pro Bowl Center and RT to FA. Right now we have Tom and Jenkins...and that's for players who should be starting on a good NFL team. Love will not get better with the protection he has...and the run game took 3-TE's to move the ball on a average Defense. Our Coaching staff is not getting the best out of ANY player this season, that is another sad story.

October 09, 2023 at 11:24 pm

Nagler ur the ultimate fan an host an great fucking site …..but this has to be cleaned out!

PackAttackJack's picture

October 10, 2023 at 10:02 am

Ok, Albert, we get it. You're unhappy. Say something constructive or stuff it.

NickPerry's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:24 pm

Well that was ugly... This team is a LOT worse than I thought and I'm thinking I think Vegas was pretty generous with the 7.5 wins because I don't think they'll win 7 games. NOT after the last 4 games. FORGET about the Bears game. It's THE Bears. Who cares? EVERYBODY beats the Bears. But since the 2nd half in Atlanta save one miraculous 4th quarter against the Saints this team has played horseshit football 13 of the last 14 quarters.

The really sad thing is I have absolutely no confidence in this coaching staff to right the ship. I mean that's the Raiders defense and they had no answers. I mean they couldn't come up with a better plain for Crosby? In 10 days? After what the Lions did?? EVERYTHING looks so hard.

Whether it's Love throwing, running, ANYTHING, it just looks like they're swimming upstream...ALWAYS.

Starrbrite's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:52 pm

Perfect way to put it—“Everything looks so hard.”

October 09, 2023 at 11:25 pm

This is a joke team top to bottom

splitpea1's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:28 pm

No mention of goal to go at the three after the Watson catch and horse collar penalty? I know Dillon had a heroic drive before, but you don't think the Raiders might be ready for it this time? Maybe MLF thought he was coaching Lombardi's Packers, I don't know. Maybe next time try to catch your opponent by surprise or at least mix up your plays.

The defense played well enough to win and was the only reason we were able to stay in the game.

Crosby was a beast and there was nothing we could do about it.

Isn't the tight end supposed to be more of a downfield threat? I'm cool with the little outs sometimes but some bigger chunks of yardage would be nice.

All three interceptions were bad. Plenty of time left to "matriculate" down the field on the last drive. Doubs, largely invisible, had a key drop.

Preston Smith on Adams is deserving of a visit to an asylum.

One of the reasons you watch a rebuilding team is to see growth and progress. I'm not seeing much of it.

Nice job by the camera crew after the Ford interception of showing the lady fan in purple with the ample bust--I'll take any extra dividend for watching three hours of crappy offensive football.

RobinsonDavis's picture

October 10, 2023 at 12:00 am

I agree... the play calls after the horsecollar penalty were wanting something more. I can see trying one run, but honestly the Raiders were stacking the line of scrimmage at that point with 5 down linemen and 2 blitzers selling out against the run. It just seems like LaFleur and Love lost confidence.

I'm still waiting for Musgrave to be a goal line presence too!. Where is he in the red zone?

Wilment's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:30 pm

The raiders are hideous, so I dont know where this leaves us. The last drive is the tale of the tape, driving the ball, sideline drop by a usually sure handed Doubs, next play a drop by the tight end, and the capper a pick that went uncontested by a receiver that has roughly five inches in height on the db....that ball. needs to be contested and at the least batted away or snatched up for the game winner. I cant fault the defense, 17 po8ints should more than give the offense a chance to win the game Young team mistakes, the question is can the coaches coach them up to finish games. I picked the team to win 8-11 games. I still think they can, but coaches gotta coach. gopackgo!

MooPack's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:30 pm

Definitely some receiver drops that aren't on Love. And some that are. Receivers looking like they want to make a play before the ball is secured. It happens, especially with the inexperience. Lot of work needs to be done on in-stride pass/catch calls.

Many receiver route calls need to be altered to improve Love's accuracy and improve ypc. These short out routes are being overused. Musgrave and Watson in particular are being misused. Musgrave caught 6 of 7 targets. Great. Problem is for only 5.7 per. With his speed and what coaches were saying propping up his ability to stretch the seam, they are going against what his purpose should be. Inexcusable. Watson should be used for more than deep, low percentage go routes. Use the mid crosser that he's shown will destroy anyone covering him. He was 3 of 6 targets. On the misses - One he had his hands on and should have caught, even though it would've been a tough catch. One had leverage on the defender, but I think Love should have led him a bit more in stride (this is becoming a theme for Love I hope gets corrected). The 3rd, the interception in the endzone, shouldn't have been thrown. Defender made a great recovery to get into him and Love didn't throw it high enough. Love could have got the 1st down running as I thought he was going to do.

These minor nuances should improve with experience from the players. Love needs to recognize quicker the initial open route and then let it rip. Confidence should improve. The coach pass play calling...I'm becoming less confident it will improve. The fear element keeps sticking its ugly head into that computer generated call sheet.

October 09, 2023 at 11:32 pm

And what’s really a joke because we have no owner NOTHING WILL BE DONE

October 09, 2023 at 11:32 pm

Mark murphy 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👍

October 09, 2023 at 11:32 pm

JOKE

NickPerry's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:33 pm

"I know there will be a lot, a WHOLE lot of doomsday talk around the team, the coaches, Jordan Love, anyone and everyone associated with the Green and Gold. If you're a bandwagon fan and need to jump, I get it. I'll be here Carrying The G when you get back"

That's BS Aaron. I was a Packers fan before you were born. If I didn't jump in the 70's and 80's I'm not jumping's now. I also KNEW there would be games and stretch's of games which were really hard to watch if you're a Packers fan this season.

Acknowledging just how BAD this team is, this coaching staff is, has NOTHING to do with "Carrying the G". It has to do with having two eyes and opening them to watch them play football and being honest with yourself. I'll be here WITH you, and I'll always be a Packers fan. But when they suck I'll say...And they do.

Starrbrite's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:56 pm

Outstanding post NickPerry.

Johnblood27's picture

October 10, 2023 at 11:26 am

nagler is a lackey.

he walks on eggshells around the pack admin becuz he has been dumped by every reputable media outlet in wiscy.

CHTV is the last hurrah, cant screw this up with controversy... might have to get a J-O-B!

October 09, 2023 at 11:34 pm

Nagler ask tough questions if u get a chance because othe packers press conference questions are pussy questions

October 09, 2023 at 11:35 pm

Time for a change

October 09, 2023 at 11:35 pm

We deserve more a lot more

October 09, 2023 at 11:37 pm

Cheeseheadtv bullshit if u dont

October 09, 2023 at 11:41 pm

I’ll give $1000 to ChtV if u ask Matt lafleur why he thinks he still deserves his job!🤷🏼and he answers?

Dragon5's picture

October 10, 2023 at 12:12 am

LMAO, bravo Albert! 👏

October 09, 2023 at 11:41 pm

Money where my mouth is

Gman1976's picture

October 09, 2023 at 11:48 pm

My gut reactions:
*MLF is no longer an offensive genius. While we finally ran better, the play calling overall was mediocre.
*Barry is bad. What other defensive coordinator would put Preston Smith on Davante Adams? What other defensive coordinator would allow opposing WRs to be untouched at the line of scrimmage in the red zone so they can move forward freely and catch the ball at least 5 yards untouched and have momentum when tackled? How many times do we have to repeat these things? How is it possible that no one in management sees these things and makes changes?
*I hate it when the TV camera focuses on my team's coach and he looks like his dog died. Show some leadership when things get tough! Show some determination when things go wrong! Get pissed! Go down fighting! Throw something! Kick the invisible dog Don't! Don't look like you need a hug!
*I love Watson's potential, but I hate his growing pains. Catch the ball when it hits your hands! Rip the ball out of the DBs hands! Real stars make plays. I'm glad he had his head in his hands at the end of the game. At least he hates losing and screwing up. As long as this kind of play is unacceptable, he will keep on growing.
*Our young receivers drop too many balls. I know Jones and Adams had problems with the drops. Hope these young guys can overcome them too.
*We won the kicking game! Who would have dreamed Carlson would beat his brother tonight?
*I hate losing. I just wish management hated it more than me.
*GPG!!!

Dragon5's picture

October 10, 2023 at 12:20 am

Another hysterical post, appreciate the late night comedy! 👍👍

You know things are bad when your team is so piss poor that you can't stop laughing at the lambasting of ineptitude.

October 10, 2023 at 12:52 am

Ur a joke

KKB's picture

October 10, 2023 at 12:00 am

Good: Dillon played a bit better

Bad: more injuries

Ugly: MLF play calling, Joe Barry coaching and Love's accuracy issues. Nothing new here!

DocHoliday's picture

October 10, 2023 at 12:07 am

Gutey needs to draft OT in 1st round next year and either a Center or Guard. Myers continues to mess up blocking calls (listen to Bulaga and Tauscher talk about him) and tonight he is flagged for being downfield on pass plays hurting offense.
Watson is clearly not someone who will fight for passes. Lazy hooks and doesn’t even understand he gets easy flag if he jumps for pass at goal line. Instead he fades from contact giving defender easy INT in end zone.

These guys are young but if you are afraid of contact, repeat mistakes, and don’t fight you don’t belong in the NFL.

KKB's picture

October 10, 2023 at 12:10 am

The BYE week is a good time to call a plumber. And flush some of these turds out of GB.

pacman's picture

October 10, 2023 at 12:14 am

Been saying it for over 2+ years - MLF is the problem. He took a good team to multiple playoff disasters, can't pick good coaching talent and now has a mediocre qb that he won't be able to help. If we don't get rid of him, I fear that many players will opt out of GB if possible. But with no owner, we are probably stuck with him for another year. Will 3 seasons of sub .500 ball be enough to get rid of him?
Not that you can blame this loss on Barry, but he's still playing a soft defense.
I've lost hope for this season so I don't have a problem getting rid of Barry now and putting MLF on notice.

NickPerry's picture

October 10, 2023 at 06:23 am

I agree with EVERYTHING in your post except the last sentence. Just who are you naming DC?

Aw hell, forget it. Joe Barry sucks, maybe Jerry Montgomery sucks a little less.

MLF? He couldn't coach himself out of a wet paper bag.

Tundraboy's picture

October 10, 2023 at 11:41 am

"we don't get rid of him, I fear that many players will opt out of GB if possible. But with no owner, we are probably stuck with him for another year"

That can not be allowed to happen,that would be I insult to injury.

A New Era's picture

October 10, 2023 at 12:17 am

I've watched enough football to know that you can't hoist a Lombardi trophy or bury a team five games into a season, but the eyes don't lie: the 2023 Packers are not a good product right now. The sum seems to be far less than the parts. Is that coaching, or maybe the parts aren't as good as we thought?

Our defense played well enough to win tonight, but I still would like to see more from a unit full of first round draft picks. Just when you start to feel confident, they give up a long drive or let Davante Adams catch several passes in a row. The Raiders have an anemic offense and I feel we should have done even better.

Our offense put up just 13 measly points. That doesn't cut it. I hate to say it because I was encouraged by his early showing, but Jordan Love was terrible tonight. (And no, Aaron Nagler, I'm not a bandwagon fan... I'm in this for the long haul.) His vision, decision making, and most importantly, accuracy, are all suspect. On that final drive, Watson was open for a TD. Had Love thrown the ball earlier and put more air on it, we would have won the game. For the most part he had plenty of time to throw all night, but missed several throws, some of which were gimmes. Yeah, I know he's a "work in progress" and I'm not giving up on him, but damn, I'm sure not seeing anything special about him.

We missed Aaron Jones badly. He's the spark plug of our offense. Dillon had a solid game (his first of the season) but Jones has the ability to take it to the house. If his hamstring becomes a lingering issue, that would be a serious problem.

Finally, a positive comment. Our special teams were excellent tonight. Carlson was on target and booming his kicks into the end zone, and the slightly blocked FG attempt was huge and could have been the difference had we won the game.

Yooper56's picture

October 10, 2023 at 12:32 am

I don’t agree they are a mess. I think their play was much better this week. I don’t feel like they sucked

Johnblood27's picture

October 10, 2023 at 11:30 am

Corey, is that you?

October 10, 2023 at 12:46 am

We gotta put our players in better positions to win the game
Fucking enough bullshit lafuck
We’re done and so are u

jhtobias's picture

October 10, 2023 at 12:59 am

I don't think their a mess at all they are who they are.. They are just a team devoid of talent any many positions. pre season hype is just that you can look great against car salesman but this is the regular season your playing against real players and real coaches that can scheme. The coaching on the offense and defensive side of the ball is well below average.

Heck I was real young in the 80's but at least I remember those teams taking cheap shots , hitting people in the mouth and actually being physical a la chuck cecil . They didn't win much but at least they started fights and had some fire to them which was cool.

This team is unwatchable at this point if you expect them to compete which I don't so it doesn't bother me at all. I actually think joe berry and matt lafluer are some of the greatest business people out their they have been cashing huge checks for years doing nothing they are the true mvps

October 10, 2023 at 01:09 am

2025
Hopefully will be a new qb a new head coach
Until then we’re FUCKED

October 10, 2023 at 01:13 am

Wanna put money on it? Packers line is +3.5 against Denver
I’ll take Denver all day

October 10, 2023 at 01:15 am

Matt lafleur head has to goooooooooooo
Until then we’re done

October 10, 2023 at 01:16 am

How do u die hards not get that??????

croatpackfan's picture

October 10, 2023 at 02:32 am

I wrote a week ago this:

"You have to give credit to the Lions (this week Raiders)"
"We were manhandled" - not with exact words...
"They dominated us"
"It was embarasment" - MLF did not say it, but it was...
"We need to run the ball more" - tried, was better, but still missing a lot
"We need to be able to stop opponent running" - this week was not so hard...
"We need to change lot of things" - never happen and never will happened with MLF!

MLFs every week press conferences!

packerfanroy's picture

October 10, 2023 at 03:38 am

I counted around 10 plays where inexperienced Packer players just didnt get the job done and it had a HUGE impact on the outcome of the game...

I guess everybody is pissed at MLF because apparently MLF is coaching guys to miss blocks and drop passes that hit them in the hands... I mean the fact that these guys got drafted means that they already know how to play football at the pro level. How much different can it be from college football??? Chat board Uncle Rico's calling it like it is.... (sarcasm alert lol)

Everybody thinks we should have a team of Purdy's but don't realize Purdy is surrounded by elite, EXPERIENCED talent. I'm not knocking Purdy but that team has so many elite weapons that make his job so much easier.

This team was always rebuilding on offense this year.... the fact that Packer fans are losing their shit at being 2-3.... Whine more and maybe we can get the whole staff fired in time to get 10 wins and still make the playoffs LMAO...

Rennatkcir's picture

October 10, 2023 at 06:04 am

LMAO!
What happened to lighting it up with Love executing the real Matt Laflower offense? Rodgers was the problem for changing the plays, remember? Last year the regime and their propagandists in the media told you not to worry about trading Adams away and letting MVS walk because the rookies were killing it against the practice squad. This year they all began reciting how ready to play Love is based on completing 6 passes against the Eagles on the same day and y'all drank the kool-aid again.
Just face it guys, #12 was the sole reason this team has been in the mix for most of the past 15 seasons. For what? To be scapegoated so every sorry ass you're batching about could keep their precious jobs!

MEO73's picture

October 10, 2023 at 07:41 am

My concern with Matt is that he cant seem to get the team motivated and prepared for games. My problem with Barry is scheming and inability to roll with the players you have. And he's supposed to have good ones. My problem with Love is that he looks like the same player I watched in college: inconsistent, inaccurate, unable to read defenses & a low football IQ. I hoped coaching might fix him, but he looks like the same guy I watched in college. And, if anything, he's regressed. Compare him to CJ Stroud who is a true rookie on a worse (on paper) team with a harder (on paper) schedule. Or Purdy--a second year guy with a much better (and better coached) team, but his numbers are astronomically better than Love. Maybe Love gets better. I sure hope he does, but some things are hard to fix. Mayb Matt hasnt taken off the "training wheels" because he knows Love cant do it. Compare him to other 2020 QBs drafted whove played significant time: Jalen Hurts, Tua, Herbert & Burrow. Burrow is having a down year, but he's been injured and has a worse o-line than Love. Plus, Burrow has balled out in the previous years. IDK, I hope Love improves. Seems like a great guy and, at least this season, he's our guy.

Packerpasty's picture

October 10, 2023 at 10:51 am

seems like a great kid much like Hundley was...I fear a career journeyman QB...a backup on a few teams during his career...coming out of college when the Packers jumped and took him I researched and didnt like many things I saw, his terrible year where he led NCAA's in INT's, his inaccurate long ball and NFL scouts saying "buyer beware" on Love....he's not a rookie he's a fourth year guy who has been in camp supposedly learning...his accuracy hasn't improved in those four years, I have been to training camps those years and never saw anything that excited me when watching him...and now its also apparent that AR hid all of MLF's coaching blunders...he isn't a very good coach, one more year of him and he'll be gone..

Packerpasty's picture

October 10, 2023 at 10:56 am

The only time MLF seems fired up is during post game pressers....he's a putz...and how is that big time first round draft choice of Gutty's working out?? Van Ness or whatever his name is...oh yah I get it now, "they're a young team"....hey, this aint college its the NFL, no one cares if your a "young team"...

jannes bjornson's picture

October 10, 2023 at 02:30 pm

He's taking the place of Broderick Jones.

MikeS's picture

October 10, 2023 at 12:47 pm

MLF needs to do a MUCH better job of play calling. Look at some of the trick plays that other teams are running sucessfully. All this quick out stuff is old. What ever happened to the quick slant plays like Driver used to run? Where are the seam plays to the tight end? Barry-- needs to go! He just can't scheme a good defense. Same stupid mistakes over and over again!