David Bakhtiari Added to Packers Injury Report

The Packers left tackle was listed as having a back injury.

Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy met with the media on Thursday following practice. Here are select comments from his press conference:

• On David Bakhtiari added to the injury report: Just being smart today at practice. His back was bothering him a little bit.
  • On coming off the mini-bye: Energy's been good this week. This is our big practice, our padded practice. We probably added six or seven minutes with the fundamentals. … I thought our guys did a good job.
  • On J.C. Tretter potentiall returning next week: I really don't have an update for you, but I can tell you that he does look good in just the limited amount of time I've seen him inside the Hutson Center.
  • On the Dolphins run game: I think really, from my view, their offense the first two years is different from now. ... It's very comparable to Philadelphia.
  • On the Dolphins pass rush: Anytime you play against good pass rushers, it's a challenge, especially on the road. … It's a big challenge and will be a focal point for us as we continue our preparation.
  • On unscouted looks from Miami: There will definitely be some things that go on in the game that we haven't seen. … I think it's clearly, it will be a percentage of things.
  • On his respect for Joe Philbin: I think it really comes down to the fundamentals. The Dolphins are going to run their schemes, the things that they like. … Taking care of the football will be big, as it always is on the road, in that climate.
  • On the Packers pass rush: I feel good about where our pass rush is so far. Our game against Minnesota is the most productive we've been in some time. 16 hits, that's a big night.
  • On Davante Adams: I think Davante is his own player, and I think Jordy and Randall are different sytles of receivers. … I think he's got a very, very bright future. I like the way he practiced today.

denniseckersley's picture

October 09, 2014 at 07:46 pm

UNACCEPTABLE

ben's picture

October 09, 2014 at 07:55 pm

Jeremy Vujnovich is a gamer at LT. He has GREAT upside and couldn't have played better this pre-season. He could end up being the best Left Tackle on the roster.

Get him off the practice squad.

Evan's picture

October 09, 2014 at 09:29 pm

How many TDs you think LeMichael James will have this Sunday? I'm thinking like 5. Maybe 6.

ben's picture

October 12, 2014 at 09:32 am

Dix is consistently 2 steps late in coverage over the top. He lacks the speed to get there. And even I'm surprised on how he's been missing tackles in the open field.

But with a 1st round pick invested and you homers digging him in his #21 uniform, he'll be the AJ Hawk of the 2ndary for years to come.

congratulations

ben's picture

October 14, 2014 at 01:24 pm

You saw Dix get to the sideline to break up a pass? I don't, what game was that? I remember him being in position on a deep ball down the right sideline, but Davon House made the play.

Wow, he got outside the numbers on his interception? looked like one of AJ Hawk's beauties, it sure was awesome. (House made that play too)

Hasean has missed as many tackles as he's made.

He is a good blitzer, and not terrible in man coverage. But has Poor range, and is an average tackler especially in the open field.

DraftHobbyist's picture

October 14, 2014 at 02:19 pm

HHCD looked pretty good against the Dolphins. You make the faulty conclusion that speed is the problem with HHCD. He's a new player so sometimes he's slow to react. That will improve with time (unlike speed), so the future is much brighter for HHCD than you make it out to be. Maybe you should give a guy more than a few weeks before implying that he's a bust.

ben's picture

October 12, 2014 at 09:47 am

Hey Evan!

It's only a matter of time before I'm shoving this comment down your throat. And I hope you choke on it like Stroh.

James has special ability as not only a return man but as an every down running back. He's explosive.

zeke's picture

October 12, 2014 at 10:37 am

Orleans Darkwa had best step up his game.

zeke's picture

October 12, 2014 at 11:34 am

To be fair, he's actually no longer behind Gore as SF cut him. He's now on Miami's practice squad.

ben's picture

October 14, 2014 at 01:12 pm

Dujuan Harris is the best Running back on the Packers.

Evan's picture

October 14, 2014 at 02:02 pm

Still waiting...heh

Tundraboy's picture

October 09, 2014 at 09:13 pm

Vujnovich looked pretty good in the Preseason