Cory's Corner: Why Not AJ Dillon?

Dillon deserves the top running back reins.

I wasn't sure about drafting AJ Dillon last year.

The Packers appeared stable at running back, but took him 62nd overall.

Now that there's a chance that Green Bay could lose both Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams to free agency, drafting Dillon was genius.

"He's been through a lot this year, obviously with COVID adn the issues with that," said Aaron Rodgers following Green Bay's 40-14 win over Tennessee in December.

Derrick Henry has been the league's wrecking ball for a couple years, but Dillon upstaged him on that game and could very well leave him in the dust. Remember last August when all we talked about were Dillon's oak tree thighs? There were gifs, videos, photos — you name it, his legs were circulating around social media.

Dillon is currently fifth in ACC career rushing yards ahead of Warrick Dunn and Tiki Barber. Both of those running backs enjoyed solid NFL careers.

According to ProFootballReference.com, every 7.7 rushing attempts he had a broken tackle this past season. That was better than Derrick Henry, which tallied 11.1. That is what is going to make Dillon a great running back in this league. By the end of the third quarter, nobody is going to want to tackle him. And that's when he makes defenders pay by breaking off a 40-yard run for a score.

What's working in Dillon's favor is Rodgers' ability to run the play-action. He was an absolute maestro at disguising the ball, while knowing exactly where to go with the ball. With solid blocker Josiah Deguara returning next season, the run blocking is only going to improve.

Many are worried if and when Jones and Williams depart via free agency. With Dillon waiting patiently in the fold, there's no reason to fret. The clydesdale with the water tower legs will churn out yards. It may not be as pretty as Jones, but Dillon will leave a trail of carnage in his wake.

-------------------

Cory Jennerjohn is a graduate from UW-Oshkosh and has been in sports media for over 15 years. He was a co-host on "Clubhouse Live" and has also done various radio and TV work as well. He has written for newspapers, magazines and websites. He currently is a columnist for CHTV and also does various podcasts. He recently earned his Masters degree from the University of Iowa. He can be found on Twitter: @Coryjennerjohn

PackEyedOptimist's picture

February 23, 2021 at 06:23 am

Cory, in that last sentence, I'm assuming you meant to write "Dillon" not "Jones." Right?

PF4L's picture

February 23, 2021 at 07:03 am

WOW!!! That's a lot to take in.

If Gute knew he wasn't keeping Jones, i don't know i'd call taking Dillon a "genius" move.
Pssttt....There is a rumor out there....that Gute drafted for the future, but i think it's a secret so don't tell anyone.
I suppose if Jordan Love turns into a HOF'er, wins multiple MVP's, wins multiple SB's, we could then call that draft pick "genius.
****************
"Derrick Henry has been the league's wrecking ball for a couple years, but Dillon upstaged him on that game and could very well leave him in the dust." - Cory

Well...lol
Leave him in the dust? What does that even mean?
Beat him to Burger King? Run for 2,500 yards in a season?

Lets do this...1st step, Dillon becomes a starter, then be productive when everyone knows your getting the ball on run plays, then be available and show enough skills to be a 3 down back.

It's a bit early to crown AJ Dillon at this point after playing well in spot duty.

Leave Derrick Henry in the dust?

LOL.....I love you man!!

Archie's picture

February 23, 2021 at 09:48 am

Except DH isn't a 3 down back.

PF4L's picture

February 23, 2021 at 02:30 pm

I don't think that i said DH was.
I think i was speaking of Dillon
If Jones and Williams are gone, 2nd round Dillon needs to be a 3 down back....agree?

PF4L's picture

February 23, 2021 at 02:44 pm

Keep in mind....and i don't know if Gute is smart enough to do it.
But....the Packers can franchise tag Jones for 8.1 million.
I understand that wasn't Gutes plan, but that amount is very reasonable considering his value to the Packers.
I don't know about you guys...but i like Jones and Dillon as a 1-2 punch, if even just for 1 season.
Jones won't like it, but Rodgers and all of us could probably live with it.

PF4L's picture

February 23, 2021 at 09:04 pm

Thumbs down is right, it's a dumb idea to tag Jones for 8 million, then if a team signs him they owe us two 1st round picks.

I'm so dumb sometimes.

February 23, 2021 at 04:41 pm

I don't think Gute knew he wasn't keeping Aaron Jones. If the multiple reports are correct that Gute has offered Jones top 5 RB money (but without sufficient guarantees - which I think is the only way a team should sign an RB to a second contract), then that suggests Gute hoped to keep Jones.

Gute might have realized that he might not be able to retain Jones, and/or realized that he might lose one of Jones/Jamaal. So maybe not genius.

I didn't like the pick, at least not in the 2nd round, but it isn't a dumb pick, either. I don't believe that RBs are a dime a dozen, but I do think if all you want is a guy who can carry the ball and pick up what is blocked, those types can be found fairly easily.

If you want a guy who is a good runner, gets yards that aren't blocked, can catch out of the backfield and be a threat to break it (an extra thing Jamaal doesn't have), and can pick up the blitz, those guys are hard to find!

PF4L's picture

February 24, 2021 at 04:14 pm

Yea....i don't go by reports that have no details, no source.
Who leaked it?... The Packers or Rosenhaus?
The bottom line is this....
In 2 seasons, 30 games...Jones has a combined 3,017 yards...140 first downs...30 TD's, yes...30 TD's.
That boy is getting paid.
If Gute has any skills as a General Manager, he knew after Jones 19 TD's in 2019, that if he had a good 2020, he would break the bank. If he didn't anticipate that, then he shouldn't be the GM.
Like i said....get a bargain...tag Jones for 8 million or get two 1st round picks.
8 million for Jones is a bargain. No big signing bonus, no big guaranteed money.
No risk.
8 million puts Jones 8th among running backs.
Is Gute smart enough?
Hell...i don't know.
Keep Jones, he's to valuable to the offense and Rodgers.
This SB window isn't open much longer...Tick Tock.

marpag1's picture

February 23, 2021 at 07:25 am

I remember when all the fanboys thought Samkon Gado was the next big thing. But even Gado had to show it for more than just one game before his coronation.

x24's picture

February 23, 2021 at 08:01 am

Gado was never a "big thing" ;)

And I have seen 1 fan wearing a Gado jersey, ever...

I think Gado is a great example of the modern state of running back, with very few exceptions- behind every good man, is another good man

Dillon is likely our good man for 2021, let's hope we find 2 more for supporting cast

Coldworld's picture

February 23, 2021 at 08:13 am

With Gado I think it was relief that we unearthed someone who wasn’t useless from nowhere. Remember relief not anointment. Was a good story too.

PhantomII's picture

February 24, 2021 at 03:39 pm

Dr. Samkon Gado used his RB skills in college and NFL to get a higher degree. Serve the public and make pretty good coin for the rest of his life. Well done Doc.

February 23, 2021 at 07:25 am

Yes Cory; I'm Worried. I'm worried he slows down this offense. I don't believe he was drafted to replace anybody. It's a mistake, comparing him to anyone. He's got so much to prove yet. If he picks up the short yards. He was a draft success. But- Will his slow feet, eat Yardage? Fast feet will. And puts more pressure on a Defense. The difference between Dillion and Jones is obvious. Jones could break a game open. Dillion will eat the clock. The packers got a FB. Now they need to draft a RB. One with Fast feet! You just can't stop speed. And thats what NFL winners have. Draft speed!

Guam's picture

February 23, 2021 at 07:44 am

I believe Dillion clocked a slightly faster 40 time than Jones did in their workouts leading up to their respective drafts.. Dillion is not slow.

Coldworld's picture

February 23, 2021 at 08:14 am

He isn’t as sudden as Jones (few are), but he is far from sluggish and has long speed. Combine that in a frame like his and he’s an unusual specimen to say the least.

Guam's picture

February 23, 2021 at 10:02 am

I agree Jones is quicker and that is why I hope they draft a quick and fast RB sometime on day three. Other have said this, but a Thunder and Lightning combination would look good in the Packer's backfield.

Coldworld's picture

February 23, 2021 at 10:41 am

I agree, I think they still seem to have some hope D Williams can be that but I have my doubts. Competition is needed at least.

jannes bjornson's picture

February 23, 2021 at 05:03 pm

Jones wore out his welcome with the fumbles--move on.

jannes bjornson's picture

February 23, 2021 at 05:02 pm

His 40 degree cut-back in the Titans game showed his feet and balance. Knocked the breath away and Moose Johnston was more than impressed. Dillon is the real deal. They will draft a quick back in the draft, maybe two.

13TimeChamps's picture

February 23, 2021 at 10:08 am

Why do so many posters on here keep referring to him as 'Dillion"? His name is Dillon.
It's not like he was drafted last week. Kind of disrespectful.

PeteK's picture

February 23, 2021 at 01:23 pm

It's an optical illusion, and not a big deal in my opinion.

Guam's picture

February 23, 2021 at 07:47 am

I'm very comfortable with Dillion as RB1, but the Packers will still need to draft more running backs. If they lose both Jones and Williams, Dillion will need backups. I would like to see the Packers use a couple of day three draft choices to add quickness and pass receiving skills to the backfield.

jannes bjornson's picture

February 23, 2021 at 08:35 am

They will draft two. Williams may return on a fair deal.

PeteK's picture

February 23, 2021 at 09:05 am

Cap space is far in the red, which is a shame because I love his versatility and exuberance for the game.

jannes bjornson's picture

February 23, 2021 at 05:10 pm

The CAP will be around 205-210 M for 2022, move cash forward.

February 24, 2021 at 01:59 am

It had better be! Anything less would spell problems for 2022, though I suppose we can push those problems into 2023.

jannes bjornson's picture

February 24, 2021 at 06:39 pm

Those are numbers being tossed about by the sports and media business folks. My Brother-in-Law works for NBC Sports. They don't want to upset the cart too much in '21.

Stroh's picture

February 25, 2021 at 07:36 pm

If they do alot to push money forward this year, they won't have much more they could do next year. I doubt they could or even would attempt it 2 yrs in a row. Even doing it this year which they must, will likely affect not just one yr ahead but probably 2.

MarkinMadison's picture

February 23, 2021 at 07:50 am

I kind of agree with you. I think he has shown enough to make me think he can carry the load, although it is a REALLY small sample size. But when you throw out lines like this one, I cringe: "Just think: If Dillon can capture an entire fanbase just by the sheer size of his quads, then I think the Packers are onto something."

Matt Gonzales's picture

February 23, 2021 at 08:23 am

I am excited about Dillon - but his usage not growing throughout the year (outside of one game) gives me cause for concern.

There could be a myriad of factors that drove this, but you would expect that our future lead back would have been able to at least crack #2 on the depth chart by the end of the year.

I think, based on that, there will be some growing pains next year, unless he is able to come into next year as a more rounded RB who can shoulder some of the non-running responsibilities of the RB game. If he can't, that will make it much harder for him to see the field.

wildbill's picture

February 23, 2021 at 08:37 am

Solid concerns but with Jones and Williams playing so well in tandem why mess with their rotation unless they are forced to? Also pass blocking is a big part of being a rb in our offense and maybe Dillion was taking some time to grasp blitz pickup?

Matt Gonzales's picture

February 23, 2021 at 10:58 am

The pass blocking is exactly what concerns me. He may be just fine out there in pass pro, but he hasn't shown it yet.

As far as messing with what works, I agree and disagree - teams are looking to improve through the year, so it's fair to wonder if not for being sidelined for a third of the season, could Dillon have taken that #2 spot. It's pure speculation but not seeing him actually "take over" during the year means as fans we don't actually know yet if he has what it takes.

RCPackerFan's picture

February 23, 2021 at 08:56 am

A few things.
Lets not forget that Dillon missed 5 games because of Covid. It took him time at the end to catch back up. Just before he caught Covid his snap count increased and he was poised to start getting more involved in the offense. The game he had the most opportunity in he took advantage. That was against the Titans, where he had 21 carries for 124 yards (5.9 avg) and 2 TD's.

Lets also not forget that they started to put Dillon in with Jones late in the year. We didn't see that package with Williams and Jones. It was because they had to find a way to get Dillon on the field.

Jones and Williams were clearly the 1 and 2 RB's. As they should be. Jones is one of the top 10 RB's in the league, and Williams probably would be a starter for a handful of teams. They weren't guys he was going to unseat in his rookie year but he was still earning playing time with those guys. All good things to look at.

Matt Gonzales's picture

February 23, 2021 at 10:53 am

Very fair points. I had not thought about the length of time w COVID recovery - in addition to the actual physical recovery that is time taken away from practice and game planning.

I do still think there are more question marks than you'd want surrounding the presumptive RB1 next year, but he has flashed with his opportunities - it's just unfortunate there weren't more of them. Obviously the coaches see more than we do, and what happens in the draft/FA will help determine what role he will play.

jannes bjornson's picture

February 23, 2021 at 05:11 pm

Covid-19 tends to slow down a guy's growth curve.

Stroh's picture

February 25, 2021 at 07:42 pm

Do you even pay attention? This is trademark Packers written all over ut! Rashan Gary was #4 depth as a rookie. Jordan Love was #3 QB this year! This is just another example of the FO thinking 2 or more steps ahead in a chess match!

RCPackerFan's picture

February 23, 2021 at 08:24 am

The minute they drafted Dillon, I felt it was the beginning of the end for Jones in GB. While they still could resign him or franchise him, I just had a harder time seeing them resigning him after drafting Dillon.

I really like Dillon. I think he will provide a new look RB to the offense. He provided a really nice look to the offense late in the year. Even though I love Jones and do wish he would come back, I am excited to see what Dillon brings to the offense.

While we don't know if Jones and/or Williams will be back next year at this point, Dillon does provide us the assurance that our running game won't be a big drop off.

I would not be surprised to see them draft a RB or 2 again. Maybe 1 in the first 4 rounds and 1 in the last 3. If Jones does depart, hopefully they can find a more explosive RB that can threaten the defense in the passing game and running game. An explosive type with speed would pair well with Dillon. Giving us that Thunder/Lightning combo.

wildbill's picture

February 23, 2021 at 08:40 am

I also see rbs as a draft priority but feel there will be some bargains when the veteran cuts start with the reduced cap. Hopefully OT and DL slide our way also

RCPackerFan's picture

February 23, 2021 at 09:22 am

Yup, very good point also. They might even resign 1 of our guys too.

I do think they will draft at least 1 RB either way.

Matt Gonzales's picture

February 23, 2021 at 12:24 pm

Agreed there. You don't have to look too far back to see how GBs play suffers without a solid RB stable, and RBs tend to have a shorter shelf life than most other positions unless they're almost exclusively being used in the passing game. Possible they'll target someone they like mostly as an ST player who can get worked slowly into the offense.

February 23, 2021 at 04:51 pm

I think GB positively, absolutely, has to draft an RB. Probably in the 3rd to 5th area, with possibly a flyer in the 6th or 7th.

I'd be flabbergasted if Gute doesn't draft at least one.

jannes bjornson's picture

February 23, 2021 at 05:14 pm

They will draft A RB looking for speed and quicks in the screen game. A great draft for RBs.

Stroh's picture

February 25, 2021 at 07:52 pm

Jones' big year and 20+ TDs in 2019 was the writing on the wall and set the stage for drafting Dillon. As soon as Jones had that big year it became a given they would probably lose him. And rightfully so... you can't pay a small, injury prone RB! That's just not smart. The Packers as usual are thinking 2 or more moves in advance in a chess match.

TheBigCheeze's picture

February 23, 2021 at 08:49 am

"So if you're wondering if Jones can be the No. 1 back, you might as well start asking, why not?"-----please edit......

Lphill's picture

February 23, 2021 at 09:00 am

I remember in a few games the Packers needed a yard and didn't get it, no Dillon , I'm wondering why was that?

February 23, 2021 at 09:03 am

In the majority of cases, the OL makes the back. Take care of the OL, and the running game will continue to be productive.

PeteK's picture

February 23, 2021 at 09:21 am

Payton says, "What are you talking about !". Absolutely, that's why T will probably be the first pick unless a CB they can't refuse falls to them. Also, a quick halfback type will probably be available with at least one of their 4th round picks; who will be a change of pace to the rumbling and durable Dillon. There , I just put the whammy on him. LOL

RCPackerFan's picture

February 23, 2021 at 09:37 am

That is one of the things they will miss with Jones if he were to leave. His ability to make something out of nothing. How many missed tackles did he create in the backfield to at the very least get back to the LOS.

Dillon I think can do it some, but Jones was great at that. And he was able to get through small creases for big gains.

Stroh's picture

February 25, 2021 at 08:00 pm

Jones creates missed tackles but Dillon will break alot more tackles. Dillon may not be quite as explosive as Jones, but he'll consistently get more out of every other carry. And by 4th qtr LB and Safeties will want nothing more to do with Dillon and that should be where his explosive gains come, because they start making "business decisions ".

I don't see much difference overall, except in how they get there.

Leatherhead's picture

February 23, 2021 at 10:34 am

All running backs look pretty much the same without blocking.

TarynsEyes's picture

February 23, 2021 at 09:09 am

Datone Jones capture a fanbase when he posed shirtless with the Herules' chains around his neck, and then, splat!

Leatherhead's picture

February 23, 2021 at 09:16 am

Splat? He’s still in the league after 8 years!

Leatherhead's picture

February 23, 2021 at 09:16 am

Splat? He’s still in the league after 8 years!

PeteK's picture

February 23, 2021 at 09:24 am

He just signed with the Alouettes. LOL

February 23, 2021 at 10:11 am

...he's still in A league after all these years.

PeteK's picture

February 23, 2021 at 09:27 am

wha wha wha : (

Since'61's picture

February 23, 2021 at 09:14 am

On another thread about Dillon I posted that I would prefer the Packers have Jones or an RB like him to build a lead in a game and then bring in Dillon for the 2nd half to plow through a tiring defense to move the chains and run down the clock. That remains my preferred approach at least for 2021. Why?

We still need Dillon to show that he can pass block effectively. We need to see him take a full season of NFL pounding. While he impressed against the Titans they were not a very good defense. I also expected to see more of Dillon during the playoffs but we didn’t. Why? I think he would have made a difference against the Bucs.

We may not have a choice if we lose both Jones and Williams in FA but I’m still holding out hope that we retain one of them and draft a Jones type of RB on day 2 or 3.
Thanks, Since ‘61

Stroh's picture

February 25, 2021 at 08:04 pm

You would think like that! Using Dillon the Packers will be more in control of the game throughout. You as Shortsighted as ever!

Doug_In_Sandpoint's picture

February 23, 2021 at 09:21 am

He needs to work on his leap. I believe the Packers HOF has a replica of the end zone wall. Could they remove it once a year and take it to the combine? It would be nice to draft with this in mind for once. That our draft picks will make it into the end zone is a given. It would be nice to know how they will perform after crossing the goal line...

PeteK's picture

February 23, 2021 at 09:32 am

Bare footed with no head start and a punter on their back ?

Duneslick's picture

February 23, 2021 at 02:13 pm

Greenbay will need to reinforce the end zone fences

KnockTheSnotOutOfYou's picture

February 23, 2021 at 09:58 am

No reservations about Dillon! Guy is a stud and he will be a fan favorite. Only because of the unknown is how well he holds on to the rock?

Let A. Jones walk. Way to expensive for an injury waiting to happen. I think the Packers got the best out of him and these last two years he have been fortunate health wise.

I do very much hope the Packers retain J. William's due to all around reliability but if proves to be too expensive let him go too.

Believe the Pack is in very good shape at RB but still should draft a RB in that 4th or 5th round for depth.

PatrickGB's picture

February 23, 2021 at 10:27 am

With Dillon in the game the opponents will figure that it is a running play. And that’s a good time for a pass. In any case I expect that with the increased use of H backs by Matt’s offense we will be less predictable.

PeteK's picture

February 23, 2021 at 01:42 pm

I believe that was the scenario last season. This year he will be in the backfield the majority of the time. The combo of a rhino like Dequara and a bull like Dillon will be formidable for the defense to stop. Of course, if you enjoy that type of helpless methodical trampling of the opposing teams defense( very lg diabolical grin and drool on my face ).

PhantomII's picture

February 23, 2021 at 01:59 pm

This guy ran his butt off in college. What bothers me is ML extremely poor usage of him this past season and even more so in the playoffs where he could have given opposing teams something else to chew on. It does not give me confidence in ML use of him going forward especially if the rotation is much smaller. Dillon did a lot of stopping and side stepping when he got to the LOS because our OL was not opening holes to run through. Jones quick action and burst has enabled him to quickly change direction and make a play where there was none and I don't think Dillon has that. Better blocking on the OL is a must this next season. Dillon is a RB, Jones is a weapon.

February 23, 2021 at 05:14 pm

"Better blocking on the OL is a must this next season."

I see no reason to expect improvement and lots of reasons to think it will regress.

jannes bjornson's picture

February 23, 2021 at 05:21 pm

You never know, Gutedkunst may go with O line his first two picks as plug and play guys?

splitpea1's picture

February 23, 2021 at 05:30 pm

No, no, no!! I know he's unpredictable, but he wouldn't do that to us, would he?

February 23, 2021 at 06:00 pm

Yes he would.

Stroh's picture

February 25, 2021 at 08:12 pm

I wouldn't mind it a bit. Neither would Rodgers!

February 23, 2021 at 08:35 pm

" Dillon did a lot of stopping and side stepping when he got to the LOS because our OL was not opening holes to run through."

Yards per carry 2020...
Aaron Jones 5.5
AJ Dillon 5.3
Jamaal Williams 4.2

February 24, 2021 at 02:02 am

But what was their yards per carry going forward? :)

February 24, 2021 at 05:05 am

Winner!

Packers0808's picture

February 23, 2021 at 02:20 pm

Jones if not held on to by negotiation will be tagged! Hope somehow we also keep Williams. What is wrong with a very deep 3 headed monster backfield. Who knows when injury raises its ugly head. Yes a real challenge financially but hope it can be done. With Rodgers engaged and probably soon to be married wouldn't be a bit surprised one more season and done while he is still healthy!

Stroh's picture

February 25, 2021 at 08:14 pm

Not a chance in hell.

Irish_Cheesehead's picture

February 23, 2021 at 06:39 pm

Dillon is a beast and I am looking forward to seeing him hammer defenses next season. I’d still like to see Williams signed as well. That would be one hell of a punishing 1-2 punch! Not that I don’t like Jones. I just don’t see the possibility of signing him unless we use the tag. But Dillon is the future.

Leatherhead's picture

February 23, 2021 at 07:01 pm

Jones and Williams have been good players, and good bargains for us, but they aren’t going to be bargains for anybody anymore. As I’ve said previously, I think The Plan is to win with a great offense, with Aaron Rodgers protected and given the time he needs. The skill positions are bargains, rookies, UDFAs....and Adams (in the final year of his contract)

The GM has released Jordy and Cobb and Allison. He hasn’t spent any high picks on skill position players and plays with guys on their rookie deal. He hasn’t brought in any high dollar skill position FA. Except for Jimmy Graham.

And the result is the best offense in the league. And I think we’ll see more of this next year, too.

Stroh's picture

February 25, 2021 at 08:18 pm

Allison was a JAG. Jordy and Cobb lost explosiveness because of injuries. Adams game doesn't rely on explosiveness like Jordy and Cobb.

Leatherhead's picture

February 23, 2021 at 07:17 pm

A question : Jones and Williams in 2020 combined for 400 touches and 14 TDs last season. Surely we can’t expect Dillon to replace all that by himself ?

I see Ervin and Dexter. I’d sure feel better to not have so much riding on Dillons health.

KnockTheSnotOutOfYou's picture

February 24, 2021 at 08:24 am

I think we all need to change our expectations for this upcoming season.

First the name of those players you mentioned if given a chance would surprise you. Secondly, if the two starting RB's are not signed I guarantee as much as I am able to that the Pack has a plan in draft and FA for another RB or two.

Lastly, any good coach like LF has to re-examine his talent for upcoming season position by position and then draft up game plans according to not only his talent but on weekly match ups. LF will use the RB's in conjunction with other weapons to be most effective. If this years RB's end up with 1,200 yards and 12 TD's it doesnt mean they were any less effective than Jones and William's. It likely means LF has moved things around with the offense focus.

Leatherhead's picture

February 24, 2021 at 12:31 pm

I agree with all that, Knock. We’ll replace the Jones/Williams production, and it might not just be the RBs. We might throw to the TEs more. We might play more 3 WR sets.

Or...maybe Dillon will be a wrecking ball and we ride that. Or maybe we draft a guy on Day 3 who comes in for an injured Dillon and wins Rookie Of The Year. That’s the great part about the NFL. Stuff Happens.

February 24, 2021 at 08:44 am

I think Mike Weber has a better chance of making the 53 next season than Dexter Williams. The UDFA from Memphis (Taylor) was an IR guy and might fit into this conversation, too.

PhantomII's picture

February 24, 2021 at 05:45 pm

Don't worry we will draft or sign a WR early with better hands and is faster than most already on the team. That will help a lot and help get us to the show on offense. Defense still has missing pieces to deal with this off season and draft.

Stroh's picture

February 25, 2021 at 08:21 pm

They'll definitely draft a RB to help take snaps and provide diversity of skills at RB. You can bank on it.

Leatherhead's picture

February 24, 2021 at 01:17 pm

Hard to say. They’ve kept Dexter around, he knows the offense, etc., but my point was that if Dillon goes down with an injury, we’ve got to have another guy at RB who can do the job, not just some guy who can play a little bit here and there. Jones/Williams could move the ball without turning it over, and we need to make sure we can keep doing that.