Aaron Rodgers Is The Six Fingered Man

This afternoon, during his weekly radio show on ESPN Milwaukee, Rodgers called out CHTV's Aaron Nagler.

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has gone on record several times saying that his favorite film of all time is The Princess Bride. It is a fantastic film, one that I enjoy very much.

Knowing this about the Packers starting quarterback, I thought it might be fun to send in a question to the "Ask Aaron" portion of his weekly radio show on ESPN Milwaukee, co-hosted by Jason Wilde, taken right from the film.

Aaron Rodgers, as they say, took it to a whole new level:

Streaming audio - Press play

Have I been tough on you Aaron? You bet.

But I've also written this.

And this.

And this.

And this.

All that said - I look forward the offseason and your return to Twitter to read what it is I've written or said that has drawn your ire.

Andrew Garda's picture

November 29, 2011 at 10:26 pm

LOL Feeble attempt!

Bearmeat's picture

November 29, 2011 at 10:31 pm

That is the name of my 11-2 FF squad. Prepare to die!

Excellent ARod!

Tommyboy's picture

November 29, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Damn, bitch got SERVED!...err...will eventually get served in any case.

Seriously Aaron, what's got that man so opposed to you? You must have SOME idea. I've been on this site for about a year and half now and haven't seen much that would have him so anti-CHTV. What gives?

FITZCORE1252's picture

November 29, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Haven't seen it either, must've been something with the kids and their Twipper.

GBP 4 LIFE

But really Aaron, let me know if you need any bidding done, as I will Bid... not really sure what that means, but I'm down.

FITZCORE1252's picture

November 29, 2011 at 10:54 pm

That is until of course QB1 utters "FITZCORE", then I'm going back to being a pain all the time. Soooo, I may be doing your bidding for quite awhile.

pittpackers's picture

November 29, 2011 at 10:56 pm

I have to agree. I've always felt CHTV has been quite realistic and appropriate when discussing Rodgers. What's his beef?

FITZCORE1252's picture

November 29, 2011 at 11:02 pm

Yeah... about as realistic and appropriate as Skid Baseless!

JK, I agree. I don't recall any scathing words here, as I'm sure I would've blown a gasket had a negative word been said about QB1. Was it a Twibber battle perhaps... on their I-Pods?

GBP 4 LIFE

Henry's picture

November 30, 2011 at 10:36 am

Nagler is a hack with his staged videos and takes that he can't back up. Nagler latches onto sports journalists like a remora and makes "prove me wrong" statements like he has any credibility to do so.

Come back anytime cupcake.

PackerAaron's picture

November 30, 2011 at 10:51 am

You're cute when you're angry Henry.

fish/crane's picture

November 29, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Isn't this the QB who failed to organize workouts during the lock out--perhaps?

PackerAaron's picture

November 29, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Which I supported.

Andrew Garda's picture

November 29, 2011 at 11:39 pm

And you were ALL wrong. I mean look at this team.. they can't win to... what... HOW many wins?

Nevermind.

overkill's picture

November 29, 2011 at 11:07 pm

Think even Wilde was surprised at that reaction. Next up on NFL.com, Rodgers, the dark side.
Then again maybe it's a way to get him on Transplants. Or not.
Nagler, when you come to, send a cooler of grape soda over to Lambeau.

Kevin's picture

November 29, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Thank you Aaron Nagler. Thank you for giving Rodgers any sort of chip on his shoulder, even if its by being honest and fair-minded. Rodgers will take any little criticism, no matter how true, and make it his sole mission in life to prove said "critic" (aka harmless, even-minded blogger) wrong. Through your unjust suffering at the hands of QB1, you have given us the best player in the NFL.

fish/crane's picture

November 29, 2011 at 11:15 pm

OK you forced me to do some research: Quite odd, really, but when two have the same name and disharmony we then look to the anagrams.

You are, "Arrange Loan?"
and the QB is "Arrears, God No."

Always the dollars.....

Mojo's picture

November 29, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Aaron v. Aaron. I'm going with Aaron.

Tyler Durden: Where'd you go, psycho boy?
Narrator: I felt like destroying something beautiful.

What's going on here?

PackerAaron's picture

November 30, 2011 at 06:46 am

Fantastic Fight Club reference...

Ct Sharpe Cheddar's picture

November 29, 2011 at 11:57 pm

Who needs Twitter,We need Rodgers to come on CHTV,to get the real story

Matt's picture

November 30, 2011 at 12:09 am

I recall Greg Bedard talking about Rodgers and how he has a somewhat inflated opinion of himself - thinks he has no flaws and was perfect even before the playoff run.

This clip of Rodgers lends credence to the idea that he does not handle criticism well, at all.

Perhaps, that vibe came across before the draft and contributed to him dropping down to 24? I know Nolan thought he had an attitude and that was a big reason for taking Smith over Aaron.

Kendra's picture

November 30, 2011 at 01:16 am

Considering he continues to get better and talks about how much he appreciates Clements being a tough grader, I don't think he can't handle being criticized.

But he does look for motivation in any slight. (See: The Golden Gobbler Award) Whatever it takes.

Henry's picture

November 30, 2011 at 10:39 am

Referencing Bedard is worse than referencing Nagler. Those two were ass to mouth.

PackersRS's picture

November 30, 2011 at 11:33 am

Might want to form your opinion with something more than a clip...

channel Don Hutson's picture

November 30, 2011 at 01:00 am

Mr Nagler you've just made one of the classic mistakes, the other is fighting a land war in Asia, gack, gac........

Otto's picture

November 30, 2011 at 01:12 am

Sounds like Aaron and Todd McShay are sharing a room in Mr.Rodgers' heart.

I agree with Kevin, as long as he doesn't like you anyway, give him some "chip on his shoulder" fuel. Write something that will really piss him off for the next 8 games.

Kendra's picture

November 30, 2011 at 01:13 am

The only drawback to the Packers trying to repeat would be that it'd push back Rodgers getting back on Twitter and talking on Nagler. It'll be fun.

But I will diverge in opinion from many on here (who I think are serious--forgive me if I misread that) in that I did not detect any kind of serious tension in that interview. The way he talked about and acknowledged Aaron Nagler felt more relaxed/light hearted than the way he talked about Skip, who he didn't even name.

Either way, game on.

Spiderpack's picture

December 01, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Right on, it sounded like a friendly dagger to me too, ARodge was trying to start something with Nagler in a borderline playful way. That is Rodgers' style, he's always messin' with ya a bit. Maybe we're wrong Kendra, but I think we are right.

Spiderpack's picture

December 01, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Actually, it wasn't even borderline. Just PLAYFUL.

Spiderpack's picture

December 01, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Aaron Nagler, my hero,

What do you think?

overkill's picture

November 30, 2011 at 01:20 am

This is all Joe Kapp's fault.

Ceallaigh's picture

November 30, 2011 at 07:58 am

All talk from the Six Fingered Man. If it came down to it, I'm picking Crabtree in the upcoming zombie apocalypse. If push came to shove, he would know how to cut the head off the walking undead.

Philip's picture

November 30, 2011 at 08:29 am

is this a joke? cause otherwise i don't get it. . . really dumb and pointless article.

PackerAaron's picture

November 30, 2011 at 09:30 am

Did you listen to the audio? It's a light-hearted back and forth between myself and Aaron Rodgers. I tend to post things I think are fun and interesting on my own blog. It gives me joy to see dumb and pointless comments - like yours.

PackersRS's picture

November 30, 2011 at 11:28 am

So much hatred in one heart... I guess the neighborhood is out of kittens...

JoePackersNYC's picture

November 30, 2011 at 11:31 am

Nagler feels the dark side of the force flow through him.

some guy's picture

November 30, 2011 at 01:36 pm

damn, i wish a hall of fame qb would talk crap about me, even tongue in cheek. i need to start a blog

Arodg's Mustache's picture

November 30, 2011 at 08:36 am

***OFF TOPIC***
Aaron,
are you going to be tailgating or partaking in any of the festivities outside of Metlife this weekend? Wnated to get a chance to meet you. I will be driving up from DC to see the green and gold go 12-0!

John R.'s picture

November 30, 2011 at 08:47 am

That's really funny and pretty cool. I need to listen to the whole thing now. I love listening to him jab Homer-- it's all in fun.

joshywoshybigfatposhy's picture

November 30, 2011 at 09:41 am

anybody want a peanut?

PackerAaron's picture

November 30, 2011 at 09:43 am

Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?

overkill's picture

November 30, 2011 at 10:06 am

Nuns maybe.

Ceallaigh's picture

November 30, 2011 at 10:17 am

I don't know, but we'll sure be dead!

Oppy's picture

November 30, 2011 at 06:06 pm

{Completely odorless, tasteless]

-sniffs, tastes-

"Iocaine. I'd bet my life on it."

AJKUHN's picture

November 30, 2011 at 10:30 am

He usually (AROD) seems to have a good sense of humor so it can't really be all that serious. The Aaron vs Aaron just won't be the same same with out Kampman. Oh well. I would start growing a mustache if I were you Nagler. (just in case)

maxginsberg's picture

November 30, 2011 at 10:45 am

I can't think of a better compliment than being called out by QB1.

Well done, Nagler.

Starry Barts's picture

November 30, 2011 at 02:29 pm

I thought the same thing. I'm just jealous, Nagler.

Satori's picture

November 30, 2011 at 10:56 am

Who knows ?

Maybe Rodgers saw a copy of Naglers' infamous draft day anti-Harrell, anti- Thompson video or perhaps he read Nagler's lovely diatribe about how "Aaron Rodgers isn't clutch"

Posting the article below in the midst of a Super Bowl run is not likely to go over well for some players on the team

And guess what ? Calling out the Packers QB in public has consequences...

"You hear me talking Mike and Aaron? Prove me wrong."

The internet is an amazing place and it doesn't forget, and apparently neither does Aaron Rodgers

PackerAaron's picture

November 30, 2011 at 11:08 am

<em>Naglers’ infamous draft day anti-Harrell, anti- Thompson video</em>

Um - that wasn't mine.

As for the rest, I stand behind everything I've written about Aaron, both positive and negative.

And actually, I think he's more upset about how I tease him for his terrible taste in movies, Princess Bride being the lone exception. ;)

Satori's picture

November 30, 2011 at 11:26 am

Did you have any role in the production of that staged video ?

I remember seeing a blog post here at CHTV about it and you suggested that you participated in some way

Perhaps I am mistaken...

PackerAaron's picture

November 30, 2011 at 11:28 am

We/I had absolutely nothing to do with it.

You may be thinking of this post last year where one of the guys in the video did a guest-post as an apology to Harrell and Thompson. It is under my by-line, but it was written by someone else, much like our Paul Ott Carruth Xs and Os posts.

Satori's picture

November 30, 2011 at 11:57 am

Thanks for the illumination Aaron, and clearly I was fooled with the byline thinking it was your work, my apologies....in the Paul Ott Carruth posts, its much easier to see its actually a different author
( and btw- P.O.C does a fantastic job with it )

In the famous words of Emily Littella:

"Nevermind"

PackerAaron's picture

November 30, 2011 at 11:58 am

No worries - looking at it again now, I didn't do the best job making the distinction.

PackersRS's picture

November 30, 2011 at 11:27 am

overekill's picture

November 30, 2011 at 11:24 am

Well said. Who can live without some Princess Bride. No, seriously. What?

PackersRS's picture

November 30, 2011 at 11:24 am

Ooohhh! Internet beef!!

Watch out guys, we've dealing with a couple of badasses over here!

Jake's picture

November 30, 2011 at 11:38 am

Screw it, go Pack, go Nagler.

Jay's picture

November 30, 2011 at 01:38 pm

Wonder if this is about Nagler pushing back on people insisting that ARodg right now is clearly and utterly superior to Favre in his prime?

Starry Barts's picture

November 30, 2011 at 02:33 pm

Good Guess. That would be QB1 taking that article out of context, I think; but QB1 taking small criticisms and blowing them into giant, 11&amp;0-season-producing motivations is part of what we love about him.
If Nagler's article made Aaron Rodgers feel he still needs to outplay Brett Favre, and that puts any fire under him at all... well, that's just Cheesehead serendipity.

Dice's picture

November 30, 2011 at 04:19 pm

Yeah, and assuming that Rodgers agrees that he's better now than Favre was in his prime, Rodgers is right and Nagler is wrong, even if it is close enough to be worth debating.

Josh's picture

December 01, 2011 at 09:16 am

If Aaron is secretly a Vikings fan, then he deserves props for length of troll.