Behind every Packer fan there’s a story. Behind every story there’s a face. Meet the faces of Packer nation.
One of the best things about being a Packer blogger is the fascinating stories I get to read and hear about on a daily basis. This in mind, every week, we will collect one Packer soul who will have the distinction of being called…
Packer Fan of the Week
Occupation: Aspiring Voice Actor and Podcaster
Current City: Yucaipa, California
Hometown: Salt Lake City, Utah
I asked Wayne the following questions:
Could you tell me a little bit about how and why you became a Packer fan?
- Growing up in snowy Utah, whenever my parents would go to shop at a department store after Church, I would go into the TV section of the store to see if a football game was on. Whenever the Packers would play in the snow, it really got my attention. I then read about the Packers storied history, and the rest is fan-history!
What is your favorite Packer memory?
- Note: Since Wayne is a voice-over specialist we wanted to include his favorite Packer memory as an audio recording. Just hold your mouse over this link and a play button should appear. If not, just click it to listen to Wayne’s story.
Who are your three favorite Packers not the current roster? Why?
- Brett Favre. The greatest Packer of all time.
- Antonio Freeman. He was an amazing wide receiver with a ton of personality. Antonio, along with Brett, helped draw my wife and kids into joining me in becoming Packers fans.
- Reggie White. Reggie had it all. He was a great defensive player, preacher, and helped other free agents consider Green Bay as a place to go to play!
Who is your favorite Packer on the current roster? Why?
- Donald Driver. Than man frequently catches passes knowing that he’s about to get hammered, and does it anyway!
What other sports teams do you follow?
- I’ve always had a soft-spot for the Arizona Cardinals ever since they moved out West. Up until about 15 years ago, I used to have Rams seasons tickets, until they abandoned Los Angeles and moved to St. Louis. I don’t follow any other sports…just don’t have the time.
What is your current take on the 2009 Green Bay Packers?
- I’m optimistic that everyone will stay healthy and will will win our division. Aaron Rodgers is doing a great job!
If you could work for the Packers, what would you do? Why?
- Well, since I’m past my prime to be a Safety on the team, I would enjoy narrating some of the highlight or history videos.
First thing you would, or currently do, if you get to Lambeau Field?
- Really take in the scenery of that amazing stadium and field!
How did you find Packers Lounge? Do you visit any other Packer sites?
- I found you first on Twitter, then subscribed to the Packers Lounge podcast. The only other Packers site I visit is the official Packers site.
When you’re not doing everything and anything Packers, what would we find you doing instead?
- Watching LOST, talking about LOST, coming up with crazy theories about LOST, and then podcasting about LOST. I also podcast about FRiNGE, my own Voice-Over journey, as well as the journeys of other voice actors, and podcast periodically about The Packers and Ballroom Dancing on my Tuning In With Wayne Henderson podcast. My wife and I are enjoying our third year of Ballroom Dance lessons at the local Arthur Murray dance studio.
If you could shout at the top of your lungs to Packers Nation what would you yell?
- I would go with the classic; “Go Pack Go!”
Never has a better phrase been uttered. Wayne Henderson, Packer fan of the week.
Filed Under: Featured