Happy New Years to everyone. Not a lot of drinking going on around here tonight, but I do have time for a quick six pack.
The Six Pack
1. Well, our test of the video broadcast system for our soon to be show “Around The Lounge” was a success. Only three people showed up, but the technology worked perfectly. We plan to run it “Around The Horn” style with four guests each week and a host.
I would like to see Nagler, Carriveau, Dale Z, and Packer Ranter battle it out among others. Throw in some Jersey Al and Greg C. and it could get interesting. I will of course be the Lounge version of Tony Reali. Get ready, if I don’t like what you have to say, you’ll be asked to shut your box and go.
Who would you like to see on the show?
2. Last year, I too was saying that Nick Collins was overrated. Here is what Nick had to say:
Do we take it back now?
3. Just to rile up a few people in a time of calm, former Packer Jon Ryan had a great year.
4. The talk about next year’s free agency and an uncapped year is already heating up. The list of Packers that are “unrestricted” will actually go down, making several players now “restricted” free agents. If anyone cares, I ranked these guys by what I feel is the order they should be dealt with.
I know someone will totally disagree with that list. That’s what lists are for.
5. You may not know this, but I am a big supporter of the movement towards stricter discipline for sexual offenders. That is why I don’t use verbs like rape as illustrations in anything I write. Anyway, I found this little part of this story terribly sad for someone who most certainly is living in Wisconsin.
“The women testified that they developed panic attacks and sleeping disorders after their encounters with Taft. One said she had to give up an internship because the Packers memorabilia at work reminded her of Taft’s office decorations, triggering her anxiety attacks.”
Yes, I too have a societal soft side. If your looking for resolutions to add to the list tonight, an easy one is simply to not promote sexual violence through the use of inappropriate language. That is all. I also directed a church choir for several years, true story.
6. I will leave you with a poll for the final entry of the day. It’s a simple one. Admit it, you do.
Filed Under: Featured