I was feeling pretty sick last night, so I got up around 4 a.m. and started browsing around places I don’t usually check out. Here’s what I ran into.
The Six Pack
1. I thought this was a great article on special teams. Although it’s no Carriveau analysis, it highlights just how much Slocum and company contributed to the Packer’s loss against the Buccaneers.
2. At least one player from last weeks game was named player of the week.
3. Like I mentioned on my call in to Nagler and company on Cheesehead Nation, I have found myself surprisingly calm at the Packers lackluster season. This alarms me, but I think Donald’s Designated Driver sums it up the best when he says, “It is simply impossible for me to care more about a team than the team cares about itself.” I could not agree more.
4. It looks like Sweden has come up with a new way to spell Packers. Normally I would be pissed, but things being the way they are that’s some funny shit.
5. We all have wondered why there wasn’t much of a sense of urgency this off-season in the front office. True Slant, makes a pretty good argument here that, “Simply put, McCarthy and Ted Thompson didn’t expect the Packers to be a contender in 2009.” I totally buy into that theory and firmly believe that’s why you will at least see Thompson around next year.
Filed Under: Featured