It's time for a midweek edition of the Six Pack. The "talentless" series that highlights six Packer stories that are catching my eye right now.
The Six Pack
1. Aaron Nagler, the hater, has fired back. I expected as much, and as usual Nagler runs for the cover of articles written sometime back in the stone age. Suckers, Nagler? Seriously? I would like to think of them as savvy entrepreneurs who know a solid investment when they see one. If you are looking for an investor to feel sorry for, I would pound down a couple of cold Titletowns.
As far as not reading your blog, I try not to. But, it just gets so lonely at the top sometimes.
2. Speaking of hating, Tony Moll is ranked as one of the worst lineman in the league. That's a huge surprise. What is even more surprising is talk that Moll is on the trading block. This could be the first trade in history where the trading team has to give up both the player and the pick. However, I am sure the Lions are looking for upgrades.
3. Is Will Blackmon officially made of glass? It's hard to say, but his latest injury doesn't seem to be getting any better, and furthermore everyone seems to be pretty quiet about it. Said McCarthy:
That's fine Mike, but can you comment on who is going to fill that role in week one? Inquiring minds want to know.
4. Mike McCarthy seems pretty pleased where the team is at in regards to the fullback situation stating:
"Our fullback situation is the best in the league in my opinion."
I imagine the chance of keeping all three guys is a little much to ask, but I can think of a few other players I would let go long before either Kuhn or Hall. Can you let Quinn Johnson go? That's a tough, tough call.
5. It appears that some of the talking heads are finally starting to get it right. Except for Pat Kirwan, who is obviously baked out of his mind right now.
6. Finally, this is perhaps the dumbest article I have ever read, highlighted by this gem:
"Now, Thompson and McCarthy have to be nervous. And some Packers rooters have to be wondering, too, about the decision to ingloriously dump their beloved future hall of famer."
Wow, Charlie Walters. They pay you for that crap?