It’s one day closer to the weekend. Time to finish this week with a Six-Pack. Here are six Packer thoughts/stories that seemed worth talking about.
1. Looking to hit the Vikings vs. Packers game in the Metrodome? Are you also looking to get rid of that old rag known as your Brett Favre Packers jersey? Here is a win win situation for you. Unfortunately, you still will be in Minneapolis.
2. I was watching some interviews on the local sports station last evening and came across an interview with Packers’ lineman Jason Spitz. I guess I didn’t really notice this at all, but Spitz doesn’t look anything like an NFL player to me. If you showed me a picture of Spitz I would think Roto-Rooter guy, middle management, or Dominoes dude long before I thought Green Bay Packer. I will let you decide for yourself.
3. What is the deal with everyone talking about trading A.J. Hawk? Give me a frickin’ break. He may not be living up to his potential but there is absolutely NO way the Packers are going to part ways with Hawk this season. Please, get the silliness out of your head. A.J. Hawk will be a Packer for quite some time, get used to it.
4. Brian Brohm sucks ass. I won’t stand another Brohm defender the rest of the season. The guy is a bust and a complete and total waste of space. The guy can’t play the game at this level, and judging by last night’s practice it isn’t getting better. Even Donald Driver is starting to get pissed off. Suck it up, get rid of the waste of space, and get someone in here who could actually have a shot of doing anything if they needed to see the field. Brian Brohm is not an NFL football player.
EDIT: Thanks to Packer Ranter for bringing to my attention Brohm’s medical condition. Is there a foundation for that?
5. I imagine that this is it for Aaron Rouse, both for the season, and probably for his career as a Green Bay Packer. Rouse was carted off the practice field last night with what looked to be a serious hamstring injury. Let’s face it, hamstring plus cart equals you’re pretty much done. It sucks to see anyone hurt, but I am not a huge Rouse fan anyway. Just because you made a couple of big hits in a game or two doesn’t make you a legit gamer.
6. Finally, don’t forget about tomorrow night’s live Gameday Chat sponsored by PackerHQ. If you weren’t around for our in-game chat last season, you missed all the chaos and debauchery that makes game day unique at The Lounge. Please join us tomorrow for the Packers vs. the Buffalo Bills while chatting with other Packer fans completely UNMODERATED. No waiting for comments, no censorship, and it’s a free for all so don’t miss it. You can always find Gameday Chat at the top of the homepage.
On a side note, since a couple of douchebags are hammering me for threatening to shut down the site unless I got some money, get over it. That’s my perogative. It wasn’t a ploy, it’s the way it was going to be. My first order of business will always be to myself, anyone who doesn’t do the same is lying, and stupid. Live with it.
Filed Under: Featured