Training camp is is full swing and this evening the Packers take the field for the first time in 2009. Here are six Packer notables to help you pass the time until tonight.
1. If you thought our receiving corp was the strongest part of the team, you might have to re-evaluate. When asked about the fab five after practice Friday, Mike McCarthy responded:
"I thought our receivers were terrible today."
Do you think it is time to start worrying? Well don't, since McCarthy directed to quote right back to the mouth it came from; one Mr. Greg Jennings who was found hiding amongst the reporters in the post practice press conference.
2. The talk about the offenses being behind the defenses this season has already begun. It's a football fact that the guys stopping the pass are usually ahead of the guys throwing it. However, there is a good reason for it this year according to MM:
"We are seeing every blitz known to man."
Hallelujah. Multiple blitzes? The sky must be falling.
3. Take it for it's worth, but there is an offensive pass play to Jason Spitz. He dropped the ball the only time Aaron threw it to him.
4. Aaron Rodgers says that Jermichael Finley is "unguardable" this season. Packers' tight ends coach Bob McAdoo has gone on record stating that Finley "absolutely" has the skills to start this year.
5. Nick Barnett had to piss like a racehorse this morning.
6. Finally, B.J. Raji is still stuffing his face and fixing his pad as the rest of the team gets ready to showcase their skills at Family Night. Come on Mamie, kick that boy in the ass.
If you can't catch the game tonight, make sure and tune in to your Family Night LIVE blog this evening. Chat with Packer fans across the country as the team takes the field at Lambeau for the first time in 2009.
If you don't get the television broadcast, you can watch LIVE by clicking here. Thanks to wegbthree for bringing it to my attention.
- Like Like
- 0 points