The Packers continue to prepare for their game against the Giants this Sunday. It seems like forever since the Packers have actually played a game. With all this free time, there has been far too much time for sitting around with random thoughts going in and out of my head.
The health of the team is the best it has been in some time with the return of everyone except Robert Francois. The team has also been dealing with the death of Michael Philbin, son of Offensive Coordinator Joe Philbin. The inevitable comparisons to the 2007 team which lost the NFC Championship Game to the Giants round out some of the thinking I’ve had in the last week.
- Wouldn’t Jarrett Bush recovering a fumble be some sort of poetic justice served from his critical error in the 2008 NFC Championship Game?
- When it was reported that Brett Favre was almost benched in the 2008 NFC Championship Game, Aaron Rodgers was on the sidelines. I wonder if he will be on a mission to show the Giants what could have happened had he entered that game.
- If Chad Clifton can give the Packers anything in the playoffs it will be a bonus.
- There is a chance of snow for the game Sunday. Remember the last time it snowed at Lambeau Field during the playoffs? This guy had a record setting day. Could a repeat be in store?
- Which Giants team will show up? The one which battled the Packers to the end earlier this season, or the one which got destroyed last December at Lambeau?
- Just a reminder: the Packers beat a playoff team two weeks ago playing a large number of their backups. Now they are healthy. Not worried one bit.
- It is crazy to think that Sunday will be the first playoff game at Lambeau since the 2008 NFC Championship Game.
- The Packers will go out and win for Joe. While he grieves with his family, his extended family will take care of business on the football field. As someone who has done the same thing when I was all world in high school, the loss of the team family tends to bond the team in ways never before experienced.
“I really wish the Giants players would STFU.”
You, me, and all of Packer Nation all wish the same thing.
70 hours and counting…
Filed Under: John Rehor