With the all important third preseason game against the Colts tonight, here are a few areas I'll be paying close attention to:
- The offense: Basically the entire unit will be under a closer inspection tonight. As the first team gets more playing time, it will be interesting to see if they are able to put their so-called traditional approach struggles behind them, compared to how they have played when in the no huddle. Playing indoors is usually a sign for a huge Aaron Rodgers game, and the fast turf should help provide ample fireworks for this high powered offense.
- T.J. Lang: Now that he has been named the starter by McCarthy, how will he perform knowing that he does not have Derek Sherrod competing for the same position. I have been a Lang supporter for 2 years now, and am excited to see what he can do on a regular basis at a position he can call his own.
- Chastin West: The debate wages on whether the Packers should keep 5 wide receivers or six. This game may help determine this, with West being the player to either benefit or fall as a result. He has had some impressive plays during the preseason, including his 97 yard touchdown catch last week against the Cardinals. That was against Cardinals backups though, and seeing west get some playing time with the ones against the Colts first team defense would be nice to see, to further determine if he is ready to make the jump from practice squad to the active roster.
- Pat Lee: His play this preseason has left much to be desired. The former second round pick is on his last legs in Green Bay, and this game will no doubt help determine his fate. Have a good game, and he will warrant another look. Another bad game, and we could be seeing the last of Pat Lee very soon.
- Special Teams: As long as Shawn Slocum has incorporated the three point stance into kickoffs, we should all feel a little more comfortable about the Special Teams play this year, right?
It is so difficult for me to get excited about a preseason game, but these five topics should be enough to keep me interested.
My fearless prediction for the game is Packers 650, Colts 2.
- Like Like
- 0 points