The ratings for Madden 10 are out and I found some interesting mistakes made for our Green Bay Packers.
10. Nick Collins is the best player on the Packers. Nobody has a higher overall score than Collins with his 93. Woodson also has a 93 but he, ya know, deserves it. I guess this is the pro bowl bump. This will help me in online play (good safety is key!) but I’ll be editing Nick as soon as I get that annoying plastic off and open the case.
9. Quinn Johnson is only a 67 strength. I’d accept a 67 overall, which I have to, since that’s his overall as well, but only giving the guy a 67 strength seems wrong. This is the guy’s bread and butter! He should at least be a 73 or something.
8. James Jones is better than Jordy Nelson. We’ve all been debating who is a better wide receiver for months and now Madden is getting involved. Jones comes in with a 71 and Nelson with a 69. Yeah, it’s only a 2 point difference but hey, this is my top ten, and I find that 2 point difference a big deal! Jordy is better than Jones and those numbers should be switched!
7. CM3 is the fastest linebacker we have(83). I don’t know much about Clay to disagree with this stat but I found it interesting. Is he really faster than Nick and Hawk? One of you college nuts let me know in the comment section. If it’s true, the hype for CM3 just got bigger. Strong, sexy hair, and fast! Grrr!
6. Ryan Grant is an 85. That’s pretty damn high and a great rating for a guy who should be about a 78, which is what he will be when I get my hands on Madden 10. 85? Come on!
5. Chad Clifton is the best offensive linemen we have according to Madden. Unfortunately, they might be right.
4. Aaron Rodgers is slow. Madden gave A-Rod a 69 speed! I know Rodgers isn’t a speed demon but he should at least be in the seventies somewhere. The kid can move! Michael Montgomery is faster in Madden than Aaron Rodgers.
3. Jarrett Bush is better than people. I know he’s better than Pat Lee and Will Blackmon in the game and that’s crazy talk. Blackmon isn’t a great corner by any stretch of the imagination but he’s better than Bush. He’s better than Bush on special teams too. As for Pat Lee, not playing much last year probably hurt his Madden overall here and that should likely change at the first online roster update.
2. Kampman better than Barnett. Kampman might end up being a better 3-4 LB than Barnett but I found Kampman’s 93 against Nick’s 84 quite a gap, especially since this will be Kampman’s first year at linebacker. Apparently Madden has faith Kampman will fill the role nicely. I wonder how Barnett feels about this. Someone get the man on twitter!
1. Greg Jennings should be higher. He is at 90. One of the best receivers in the NFL and he only gets 90? He easily should be sitting at 128, and will be when I change his rating, and hack math.
Madden 10 comes out August 14th, 2009.