It’s official, I’m headed to the shareholders meeting, the CHTV tweetup and the first day of training camp. Let the great crusade begin. I still don’t have anywhere to stay (that’s the fallout from being a crazy psycho ranter all the time, no one wants you at their house) yet, but I’m going come hell or high water.
Rest assured that this time I will be documenting every single move I make from start to finish. Although plans are kind of up in the air, I do have a bucket list of things I would like to accomplish in those three days. Feel free to add anything I might have missed.
1. Shake Nick Barnett’s hand. This may be the most difficult thing on the list. I’ve written for the guy, had some back and forth behind the scenes, and even got him to call in to Packer Transplants last year. I want a firm handshake, the opportunity to say I’m that guy, and have a great season.
2. Film the bike ride. I love watching the bike ride to the practice field. I want to film it, and film it well. It’s one of the most exciting things about Packer’s training camp, and I want to make a kick ass documentary of the event.
3. Get an awesome picture of Ted Thompson. It’s time that the blogosphere had another classic photo of Ted Thompson. I will be on the hunt for that perfect picture.
4. Get a “what’s up” or something similar from either Aaron Rodgers or Greg Jennings. Pretty simple, but priceless.
5. Buy Greg Bedard a beer. Although there has been no confirmation of this, not having Bedard at the CHTV meet and greet would just not be right. I would like to buy the man a beer before the rest of the crazies get to him.
6. Go to Curly’s Pub. I have never been there, and it’s a must stop while I am in town.
7. Have several drinks with Aaron Nagler. I must admit I may be the most excited about this. I am equally excited about meeting Corey and Brian too, but this is something that is definitely needed. Three years of emails, DM’s, and Skype chats will never make up for a good face-to-face. And this is one meeting that is long overdue. I think everyone, including myself, will walk away with a greater appreciation of who we are as people, and Packer fans. That totally excites me.
8. Buy my Maple Street Press Packers Annual. I will be stopping at a wide variety of places in search of my Packers Annual. I want to buy mine at a gas station off the rack. Although I only have a small blurb, not buying my copy without a nasty cup of coffee and a stale donut just doesn’t seem right.
9. Not get killed by anyone on Twitter. I suppose this should be number one, but some things are just more important I guess. I have to admit, I am semi-anxious about the CHTV tweetup. I’m not super huge on hanging out in bars with a bunch of people that I don’t know. It’s just not my gig. But, I get accused of being a loud mouth internet bully all of the time, and not showing up would fuel that fire. Either way, I hope some crazy ax wielding dumbass recipient doesn’t come over and try to hack me up. Good thing I am a certified Ninja. Is Reischel coming?
10. I want to feel the speed of the game up close. As a fan, who has never sat close to the sideline, it has always been hard for me to gauge exactly how fast, how big, and how agile these guys really are. I can’t wait to get up within a couple of yards and really get a handle on what these stars can do as athletes. I know television doesn’t do these players justice, and I plan to take that all in.
If I can get 75 percent of that list I am happy. I may have to sleep in my car (never happen but it sounds good) but I will be there, excited as hell, bringing it all to you as it happens Packers Lounge style.
Wish me luck, especially with the Nagler part.
Filed Under: Featured