Super Bowl Sunday means one thing: Commercials! Here they are, the Top Ten Super Bowl commercials of 2009.
The 2009 Super Bowl was a very good game that saw the Steelers sneak away with a victory over the underdog Cardinals, but since it wasn’t the Packers playing I don’t really give a crap.
I watched the commercials intently this year with Ironman, Pro, Greg, and other folks in the Tromadz Gameday Lounge. One thing we noticed was this was not a good year.
Despite this being a down year for advertisements, there were still a few gems. Here they are.
The Top Ten
10. Pixar’s Up: Trailer – Yeah a trailer shouldn’t really count, but I love Pixar and this movie will probably be awesome like the rest and win multiple awards.
9. I’m good: Pepsi Max – This was a funny one, taking advantage of the current special effects technology, but most of all it made me believe that horrible things can happen to me and it will all be good if I drink Pepsi Max.
8. Denny’s free grand slam! – This isn’t funny or beautiful, this is just a hell of a deal. Free grand slams this Tuesday, 6am to 2pm! Holy crap!
7. The Year One: Trailer – I’ve been waiting for this trailer forever. Harold Ramis (Groundhog Day, Caddyshack) is awesome and this one will most likely be a home run.
6. Mean Troy: Coke Zero – That was for him! ROAR!
5. Danica Patrick in Shower: Godaddy.com – It’s Danica Patrick. In the shower. It made the list.
4. Cash For Gold w\ MC Hammer – This commercial was just surreal. I just can’t believe that cash4gold has enough money to get a Superbowl ad. I guess they have a lot of gold from cash. The kicker was MC Hammer was in it, talking about his gold sledgehammer. A gold toilet makes an appearance as well. Awesome.
3. Hulu is Aliens – This commercial was your standard variety superbowl commercial. Alec Baldwin was schilling some Hulu, but the end is just crazy. The hulu people turn out to be aliens and they’re trying to take over the world! That’s how they roll.
2. MacGruber: Pepsi – This is when the booze started kicking in. This second half commercial was just insane. It starts off a little obnoxious but then MacGruber steps in to save the group (including McGyver!), but would his love for Pepsi doom them all? TUNE IN NEXT WEEK FOR AN ALL NEW MACGRUBER TO FIND OUT!
1. Bud Light Window Toss – The FIRST commercial of the superbowl gets the #1 spot. It’s funny and had nice special effects, but that’s not why it’s #1. It is at the top because it endorses a rule I live by: “If a person suggests not drinking beer, throw them out of the window.” Right on, Bud Light!
Filed Under: Featured