All those good feelings from Fan Fest?
Havner, 27, allegedly was driving a 2007 Kawasaki motorcycle around the end of a cul-de-sac off Indian Flat Road at about 2:45 a.m., according to a report from the California Highway Patrol. He allegedly lost control and crashed, fracturing his scapula, sustaining lacerations to the back of his head and left arm, as well as multiple abrasions.
Havner was not wearing a helmet, according to the CHP. He was taken to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital before law enforcement was contacted.
He was found to be under the influence and was arrested at the hospital, according to the CHP.
Damn it. Damn it all to hell.
UPDATE: As I'm sure most have seen by now, from Havner's agent:
Spencer suffered only minor injuries this weekend in an accident, including a broken scapula, but he should be fully recovered in short order. Despite unfounded media reports to the contrary, he has not been charged criminally with driving under the influence or alcohol or any other substance.
UPDATE II: Good digging from Bedard:
According to California Highway Patrol officer Heather Blancarte, this is what happened early in the morning of Saturday, March 13:
- Havner was riding his motorcycle eastbound on Woods Ravine in an unincorporated area of Nevada County. He made an unsafe turn and movement, which caused him to lose control of his bike and he was ejected;
- Havner received "major" injuries;
- He was taken to the hospital by private party;
- CHP got the call from the hospital -- it is called in all injury accidents -- and Havner was contacted at the hospital, where he was tested for driving under the influence. He was subsequently arrested for DUI;
- Havner was then released to the care of Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital in Grass Valley.
- Blood-alcohol level is not releasable at this time.
- Once the report is completed, it will be forwarded to the district attorney’s office.