The Packers are bringing in Liberty cornerback Walt Aikens for a pre-draft visit, according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.
Aikens was not invited to the NFL Combine, but he did take part in the Senior Bowl.
While at his pro day workout, Aikens measured in at 6' 1" and 203 lbs. and ran the 40-yard dash in 4.43 seconds.
His senior season, Aikens had 62 tackles and three interceptions on his way to being named first-team All-Big South.
Aikens is the 21st ranked cornerback in this year's draft class by NFLDraftScout.com and projected to be a fourth to fifth round draft choice.
The Liberty cornerback is at least the ninth player reported to be brought in for one of the Packers' 30 allotted pre-draft visits. Others include:
- Quarterback David Fales, San Jose State
- Quarterback Keith Wenning, Ball State
- Quarterback Brock Jensen, North Dakota State
- Wide receiver Jeremy Butler, Tennessee-Martin
- Center Luke Bowanko, Virginia
- Offensive lineman John Fullington, Washington State
- Offensive lineman Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, McGill
- Cornerback Brandon Dixon, Northwest Missouri State
- Like Like
- 1 points