Several former Green Bay Packers players and coaches are now coaching in the college ranks. Here's a brief preview as Week 7 of the college season gets underway...
- Former Packers head coach Mike Sherman leads Texas A&M (3-2)––with right-hand man Tom Rossley as quarterbacks coach––into a date with Baylor (4-1) at College Station. Expect a high-scoring game with lots and lots of fireworks as Baylor is third in the nation in total offense while A&M is 12th. The game is being televised nationally on FX at 11:00 a.m. Central time.
- After starting the season 3-0, Vanderbilt (3-2) lost two consecutive tough SEC road games at South Carolina and Alabama. With former wide receivers coach James Franklin as head coach, the Commodores return home today where they have a winnable game against Georgia. It's a measuring-stick game to see if Vandy is real. Game starts at 6 p.m. and can be viewed on ESPN3, though it also airs on Fox Sports South for those in that area of the country.
- Miami (2-3) has had a trying start to the season thanks in part to suspension, and today's game is no easier with a road date at North Carolina (5-1). The Hurricane defense, directed by former linebacker Mark D'Onofrio and defensive line coach Jethro Franklin, could use a good performance. The game starts at 11:30 a.m. and can be viewed on ESPN3.
- Kansas, along with former director of player development Turner Gill as head coach, host the nation's No. 1 team this evening as the Oklahoma Sooners come to Lawrence. Kansas ranks dead last, 120th, in the nation in total defense giving up nearly 50 points per game (49.4). The challenge will be to hold the Sooners under 70 points. The game is televised nationally at 8:15 p.m. on ESPN2.
- Indiana (1-4), where former running back Noah Herron is a graduate assistant, faces a dominant Wisconsin team (5-0) that hung 83 points on them last year. The Badgers are capable of doing the same once again. The game is televised nationally at 11:00 a.m. on ESPN2.
- Carroll University in Waukesha, Wis., where former linebacker John Anderson is an assistant coach, is 5-1 on the season. They play at St. Norbert in DePere at 1 p.m.
- Like Like
- 0 points