Several former Green Bay Packers players and coaches are now coaching in the college ranks. Here's a brief preview as Week 7 of the college season gets underway...
- Former linebacker Mark D'Onofrio and former defensive line coach Jethro Franklin, who are the defensive coordinator and defensive line coach respectively at Miami (3-3), prepare to face Georgia Tech's always dangerous triple option attack (6-1) at home today. Will the Hurricanes stack the box and force Yellow Yackets quarterback Tevin Washington to beat them through the air? The game is televised nationally at 2:30 p.m. Central time on ESPN today.
- Kansas (2-4), behind former director of player development Turner Gill, hosts in-state rival Kansas State (6-0). Kansas' defense has been horrendous this year, ranked last in the nation, but their offense has been respectable. Beating Kansas State, arguably the biggest surprise in the country, would make their season. The game is televised on FSN at 11 a.m.
- The oven is getting hot for former Packers head coach Mike Sherman who has blown double-digit leads in Texas A&M's two losses this season (4-2). Today the Aggies travel to Iowa State (3-3) in a game that will help determine the Big XII pecking order. The game will be televised regionally at 2:30 p.m. on ABC. If your part of the country doesn't get it, it can also be seen on ESPN3.
- After losing to Wisconsin earlier this season, Nebraska (5-1) looks to keeps rolling against Minnesota (1-5). Nebraska is coached by former linebackers coach Bo Pelini. The game is at Minnesota and is televised regionally on ABC and nationally on ESPN2.
- Following three straight losses in SEC games, Vanderbilt looks to get back on the winning track by hosting Army and the nation's No. 1 ranked rushing offense this evening. The Commodores are coached by former wide receivers coach James Franklin, and the game is at 6 p.m. on ESPNU.
- Former running back Noah Herron is a graduate assistant at Indiana (1-6) who plays on the road at Iowa (4-2) today in a game televised on the Big Ten Network at 11 a.m.
- Carroll University (5-2) in Waukesha, Wis. where former linebacker John Anderson is an assistant coach, hosts Knox at 6 p.m. today.
- Like Like
- 1 points