Here's our best guess at predicting the Green Bay Packers' game-day roster for Sunday's Week 8 game at the Minnesota Vikings. Reminder, only 46 players can be active...
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive...
Quarterback: Aaron Rodgers, Seneca Wallace
Running back: Eddie Lacy, John Kuhn, James Starks, Johnathan Franklin
Wide receiver: Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Jarrett Boykin, Myles White, Chris Harper
Tight end: Jermichael Finley, Andrew Quarless, Ryan Taylor, Brandon Bostick, Jake Stoneburner
Offensive line: David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, Evan Dietrich-Smith, T.J. Lang, Don Barclay, Marshall Newhouse, Lane Taylor
Defensive line: Datone Jones, B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Johnny Jolly, Mike Daniels, Josh Boyd
Outside linebacker: Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Mike Neal, Nate Palmer, Andy Mulumba
Inside linebacker: A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore, Sam Barrington
Cornerback: Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Casey Hayward, Micah Hyde, Davon House, Jarrett Bush, James Nixon
Safety: Morgan Burnett, M.D. Jennings, Jerron McMillian, Chris Banjo
Special teams: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Clay Matthews (thumb), Jermichael Finley (neck) and Ryan Taylor (knee) have all been ruled out for the Vikings game.
- James Jones (knee) is doubtful, making it rather likely he won't play. It seems rather odd for Jones to go from questionable last week to doubtful the next. There had been no reports that he suffered a setback.
- Linebackers Nick Perry (foot) and Brad Jones (hamstring) are both listed as questionable and both practiced at least in some capacity this week. Given the Packers' cautious approach to injuries, the guess here is that neither of them plays. But it wouldn't be earth-shattering if they do.
- Casey Hayward (hamstring) is probable this week, and figures to make his first appearance of the regular season.
- Jarrett Bush (hamstring) is also listed as probable after missing the last two games. His return will give a boost to the special teams.
- After making his professional debut last week, Josh Boyd is relegated back to the ranks of the inactive this week.
- Jerron McMillian didn't practice Friday, but the Packers indicated it wasn't injury-related. He's listed as probable.
- If either Jones or Perry plays, McMillian or James Nixon might be next to be placed on the inactive list.
- Like Like
- -1 points