Here's our best guess at predicting the Packers gameday roster for Week 17 against the Detroit Lions.
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive...
Quarterbacks: Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn, Graham Harrell
Running backs: Ryan Grant, James Starks, John Kuhn, Brandon Saine
Wide receivers: Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Randall Cobb
Tight ends: Jermichael Finley, Tom Crabtree, Ryan Taylor, D.J. Williams
Offensive line: Chad Clifton, T.J. Lang, Scott Wells, Josh Sitton, Bryan Bulaga, Marshall Newhouse, Evan Dietrich-Smith, Ray Dominguez, Herb Taylor
Defensive line: B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, Mike Neal, Jarius Wynn, C.J. Wilson, Howard Green
Outside linebackers: Clay Matthews, Erik Walden, Frank Zombo, Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore, Vic So'oto
Inside linebackers: A.J. Hawk, Desmond Bishop, D.J. Smith, Robert Francois
Cornerbacks: Charles Woodson, Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Jarrett Bush, Pat Lee, Davon House
Safeties: Morgan Burnett, Charlie Peprah, M.D. Jennings
Specialists: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Greg Jennings, Randall Cobb and James Starks have already been ruled out of the New Year's Day game.
- Bryan Bulaga is doubtful, giving him a 25% chance of playing. It's probably one of those scenarios where he could play if it was the Super Bowl, but seeing as it's a relatively meaningless game in terms of playoff implications, the Packers will err on the side of caution.
- Clay Matthews and Charles Woodson are listed as questionable, giving them a 50/50 shot of playing. Seeing as the Packers made several current and future Pro Bowlers inactive in their final game of 2007 after wrapping up a first-round bye, the guess is they'll do it again on Sunday with Matthews and Woodson.
- There's a lot of speculation whether Aaron Rodgers will play on Sunday. And the guess here is that he plays a series or two and then exits.
- Chad Clifton, Ryan Pickett and Jermichael Finley are all listed as probable, giving them a 75% chance of playing. Mike McCarthy has said he wants to see Pickett and Clifton play seeing as they haven't in several weeks. They all should play, at least to some extent.
- Newly acquired offensive lineman Herb Taylor is predicted to be inactive.
- If Graham Harrell and Ray Dominguez play on Sunday, they'd be making their career debuts.
- Like Like
- 0 points