Here's our best guess at predicting the Green Bay Packers' gameday roster for the Sunday's game against the Indianapolis Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium. Reminder, only 46 players can be active...
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive...
Quarterbacks: Aaron Rodgers, Graham Harrell
Running backs: Cedric Benson, John Kuhn, James Starks, Alex Green, Brandon Saine
Wide receivers: Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, Randall Cobb, James Jones, Jarrett Boykin
Tight ends: Jermichael Finley, Tom Crabtree, D.J. Williams, Ryan Taylor
Offensive line: Marshall Newhouse, T.J. Lang, Jeff Saturday, Josh Sitton, Bryan Bulaga, Evan Dietrich-Smith, Don Barclay
Defensive line: B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Jerel Worthy, Mike Daniels, Phillip Merling
Outside linebackers: Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Erik Walden, Dezman Moses, Brad Jones
Inside linebackers: A.J. Hawk, D.J. Smith, Rob Francois, Jamari Lattimore, Terrell Manning
Cornerbacks: Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Jarrett Bush, Davon House, Casey Hayward
Safeties: Charles Woodson, Morgan Burnett, Jerron McMillian, M.D. Jennings, Sean Richardson
Specialists: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- As you've probably already heard, Greg Jennings has been ruled out of Sunday's game. So is Sean Richardson.
- The big question is whether the Packers will activate Mike Neal. If so, they'll need to make room on the roster. The guess here is that if they haven't made room for Neal already, they won't this week. However, I've been wrong before.
- Understand that if they do activate Neal, it's because he's going to play. Options for replacing him on the roster include cutting Phillip Merling or placing a player such as Sean Richardson on injured reserve.
- And if Neal is activated, the guess is that they'll make one of the running backs, either James Starks or Brandon Saine inactive.
- And yes, as it currently stands, Starks is predicted to be active this week for the first time all year.
- Both Ryan Pickett and M.D. Jennings are listed as probable for Sunday's game and will play.
- As long as Sam Shields and Casey Hayward continue to play well, there's no reason to activate Davon House.
- D.J. Williams is predicted to be inactive. If so, it would be the second consecutive week he hasn't played.
- Like Like
- 4 points