Here's our best guess at predicting the Packers gameday roster for Week 14 against the Kansas City Chiefs.
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive...
Quarterbacks: Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn, Graham Harrell
Running backs: Ryan Grant, James Starks, John Kuhn, Brandon Saine
Wide receivers: Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Randall Cobb
Tight ends: Jermichael Finley, Tom Crabtree, Ryan Taylor, D.J. Williams
Offensive line: Chad Clifton, T.J. Lang, Scott Wells, Josh Sitton, Bryan Bulaga, Marshall Newhouse, Evan Dietrich-Smith, Derek Sherrod, Ray Dominguez
Defensive line: B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, Mike Neal, Jarius Wynn, C.J. Wilson, Howard Green
Outside linebackers: Clay Matthews, Erik Walden, Frank Zombo, Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore, Vic So'oto
Inside linebackers: A.J. Hawk, Desmond Bishop, D.J. Smith, Robert Francois
Cornerbacks: Charles Woodson, Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Jarrett Bush, Pat Lee, Davon House
Safeties: Morgan Burnett, Charlie Peprah, M.D. Jennings
Specialists: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Greg Jennings, Desmond Bishop, Ryan Pickett and Chad Clifton have already been ruled out for Sunday's game.
- Josh Sitton is listed as questionable, but he practiced every day this week, so he appears to be a good bet to play. With Sitton being active, the Packers will very likely de-active another offensive lineman in his place, probably Ray Dominguez who's been inactive several times this season.
- Both running backs James Starks and Brandon Saine are questionable for the game as well. The guess is that one of them will be active, but it's a coin flip who it will be. McCarthy said it will be a game-time decision on both of them. Starks practiced on a limited basis on Friday but Saine did not. The guess here is that Saine will be cleared from his concussion and will play, while the Packers play it cautious with Starks.
- The Packers don't have much of a need for a third quarterback, so Harrell is likely to be inactive like he was last week against the Raiders. That could change in the final two weeks of the season if the Packers wrap up home-field advantage, and they choose to sit Aaron Rodgers late in the games.
- With Ryan Pickett out, guys like Howard Green, Mike Neal, C.J. Wilson and Jarius Wynn could all see their roles increase. They'll all have to pick up the slack.
- You have to imagine A.J. Hawk and D.J. Smith will be starting inside linebackers, which would be the first time they've started next to each other.
- Like Like
- -1 points