Here's our best guess at predicting the Green Bay Packers' gameday roster for the opening day game against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday at Lambeau Field. Reminder, only 46 players can be active...
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive...
Quarterbacks: Aaron Rodgers, Graham Harrell
Running backs: Cedric Benson, John Kuhn, James Starks, Alex Green, Brandon Saine
Wide receivers: Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, Randall Cobb, James Jones, Jarrett Boykin
Tight ends: Jermichael Finley, Tom Crabtree, D.J. Williams, Ryan Taylor
Offensive line: Marshall Newhouse, T.J. Lang, Jeff Saturday, Josh Sitton, Bryan Bulaga, Evan Dietrich-Smith, Don Barclay
Defensive line: B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Jerel Worthy, Mike Daniels, Phillip Merling
Outside linebackers: Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Erik Walden, Dezman Moses, Brad Jones
Inside linebackers: A.J. Hawk, D.J. Smith, Rob Francois, Jamari Lattimore, Terrell Manning
Cornerbacks: Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Jarrett Bush, Davon House, Casey Hayward
Safeties: Charles Woodson, Morgan Burnett, Jerron McMillian, M.D. Jennings, Sean Richardson
Specialists: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Greg Jennings (groin), Davon House (shoulder) and James Stars (toe) are all doubtful and none are predicted to play.
- Terrell Manning (concussion) has already been ruled out of Thursday's game.
- C.J. Wilson (groin) and Jamari Lattimore (hamstring) are listed as questionable for the Bears game. It's probably a situation where they could play if needed, but seeing as it's a short week, they're predicted as being inactive and getting a long time recover for the Seahawks game.
- The most difficult decision was leaving Jarrett Boykin inactive, leaving the Packers with only four wide receivers.
- Mike Daniels and Sean Richardson are predicted to make their NFL debuts.
- If I'm wrong anywhere, I think a decision would come down to making either M.D. Jennings or Sean Richardson inactive.
- Once again the Packers are thin at inside linebacker, but Brad Jones can always play there in a pinch.
- Like Like
- 3 points