Here's our best guess at predicting the Green Bay Packers' gameday roster for the opening day game against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday at Lambeau Field. Reminder, only 46 players can be active...
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive...
Quarterbacks: Aaron Rodgers, Graham Harrell
Running backs: Cedric Benson, John Kuhn, James Starks, Alex Green, Brandon Saine
Wide receivers: Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, Randall Cobb, James Jones, Jarrett Boykin
Tight ends: Jermichael Finley, Tom Crabtree, D.J. Williams, Ryan Taylor
Offensive line: Marshall Newhouse, T.J. Lang, Jeff Saturday, Josh Sitton, Bryan Bulaga, Evan Dietrich-Smith, Don Barclay
Defensive line: B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Jerel Worthy, Mike Daniels, Phillip Merling
Outside linebackers: Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Dezman Moses, Brad Jones
Inside linebackers: A.J. Hawk, D.J. Smith, Rob Francois, Jamari Lattimore, Terrell Manning
Cornerbacks: Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Jarrett Bush, Davon House, Casey Hayward, Brandian Ross
Safeties: Charles Woodson, Morgan Burnett, Jerron McMillian, M.D. Jennings, Sean Richardson
Specialists: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- James Starks (toe), Davon House (shoulder) and Jamari Lattimore have already been ruled out of Sunday's opener, none of which were terribly surprising. The Packers just weren't going to take risks with these players, especially with a short turnaround next week against the Chicago Bears.
- Jarrett Boykin and Brandian Ross are easy predictions for the inactive list just because the Packers are so deep at those positions.
- It was tempting to keep Terrell Manning on the active roster just because Lattimore is out and Rob Francois is fighting through a hamstring injury, but Brad Jones can always fill in at inside linebacker in a pinch if need be.
- I would have thought Sean Richardson had a chance at being active because he's an ideal special teams player, but he missed some practice time this week because of a hamstring injury, and M.D. Jennings and Jerron McMillian are probably safer choices at safety.
- B.J. Raji, Tom Crabtree, Rob Francois and Alex Green are all listed as probable for Sunday, but they should all play.
- If I'm wrong anywhere, it might be with Phillip Merling or Brandon Saine, neither of whom look to play big roles.
- Like Like
- -1 points