Here's our best guess at predicting the Green Bay Packers' game-day roster for Sunday's wildcard round matchup against the San Francisco 49ers. Reminder, only 46 players can be active...
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive...
Quarterback: Aaron Rodgers, Scott Tolzien, Matt Flynn
Running back: Eddie Lacy, John Kuhn, James Starks, Khalil Bell
Wide receiver: Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Jarrett Boykin, Chris Harper
Tight end: Andrew Quarless, Ryan Taylor, Jake Stoneburner
Offensive line: David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, Evan Dietrich-Smith, T.J. Lang, Don Barclay, Marshall Newhouse, Lane Taylor, Derek Sherrod, J.C. Tretter
Defensive line: Datone Jones, B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Mike Daniels, Josh Boyd, Jerel Worthy
Outside linebacker: Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Mike Neal, Nate Palmer, Andy Mulumba
Inside linebacker: A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore, Victor Aiyewa
Cornerback: Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Micah Hyde, Davon House, Jarrett Bush, Jumal Rolle
Safety: Morgan Burnett, M.D. Jennings, Chris Banjo, Sean Richardson
Special teams: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Only Clay Matthews (thumb) has been ruled out for Sunday's game.
- There's concern with so many linebackers listed on the team's injury report, but all are listed as probable and predicted to play: Mike Neal (abdomen), Nick Perry (foot) and Brad Jones (ankle).
- Running back Eddie Lacy (ankle) and defensive lineman Ryan Pickett (knee) are also listed as probable and will more than likely play.
- One week after coming back from long layoffs, neither Aaron Rodgers nor Randall Cobb were listed on the Packers injury report. They appear to have no limitations.
- Third-string quarterback Scott Tolzien was active last week as an emergency, the first week Rodgers was back, but it's hard to see him active once again, unless they put Jake Stoneburner on the inactive list instead.
- Last week, the Packers had Jerel Worthy active ahead of C.J. Wilson on the defensive line, but it seems likely the opposite would be the case this week as the Packers would want the better run-stuffer against the 49ers.
- Like Like
- 3 points