Here’s our best guess at predicting the Green Bay Packers’ game-day roster for Sunday’s Week 9 game against the Chicago Bears. Reminder, only 46 players can be active…
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive…
Quarterback: Aaron Rodgers, Seneca Wallace
Running back: Eddie Lacy, John Kuhn, James Starks, Johnathan Franklin
Wide receiver: Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Jarrett Boykin, Myles White, Chris Harper
Tight end: Jermichael Finley, Andrew Quarless, Ryan Taylor, Brandon Bostick, Jake Stoneburner
Offensive line: David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, Evan Dietrich-Smith, T.J. Lang, Don Barclay, Marshall Newhouse, Lane Taylor
Defensive line: Datone Jones, B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Johnny Jolly, Mike Daniels, Josh Boyd
Outside linebacker: Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Mike Neal, Nate Palmer, Andy Mulumba
Inside linebacker: A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore, Sam Barrington
Cornerback: Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Casey Hayward, Micah Hyde, Davon House, Jarrett Bush, James Nixon
Safety: Morgan Burnett, M.D. Jennings, Jerron McMillian, Chris Banjo
Special teams: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Clay Matthews (thumb) and Jermichael Finley (neck) have been ruled out of the Monday Night Football game.
- Nick Perry (foot) is listed and doubtful and based upon Mike McCarthy’s comments that he’s “not ready,” he almost assuredly won’t play.
- James Jones (knee) is listed as questionable, but he practiced in a limited fashion all week long. The best news was that he bounced back from practicing in pads on Friday to take part again on Saturday. The Packers usually play it safe with such players, but I just have a hunch he’ll give it a go.
- Sam Shields (toe) was added to injury report on Saturday after apparently being stepped on at practice, but McCarthy said holding him out of practice was merely precautionary.
- Brad Jones (hamstring) is listed as probable and looks like he’ll play for the first time in about a month.
- Ryan Taylor (knee) is also probable, but the guess here is that the Packers will feel better about a fully healthy Jake Stoneburner for at least one more week.
- C.J. Wilson has been active for the last couple games, but it may be his time to sit down once again.
- If any of the predictions are wrong, Jerron McMillian, Chris Harper and Johnathan Franklin are all on the fence.