Here’s our best guess at predicting the Green Bay Packers’ game-day roster for Sunday’s Week 7 game against the Cleveland Browns. Reminder, only 46 players can be active…
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive…
Quarterback: Aaron Rodgers, Seneca Wallace
Running back: Eddie Lacy, John Kuhn, James Starks, Johnathan Franklin, Michael Hill
Wide receiver: Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Jarrett Boykin, Myles White
Tight end: Jermichael Finley, Andrew Quarless, Ryan Taylor, Brandon Bostick, Jake Stoneburner
Offensive line: David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, Evan Dietrich-Smith, T.J. Lang, Don Barclay, Marshall Newhouse, Lane Taylor
Defensive line: Datone Jones, B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Johnny Jolly, Mike Daniels, Josh Boyd
Outside linebacker: Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Mike Neal, Nate Palmer, Andy Mulumba
Inside linebacker: A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore, Sam Barrington
Cornerback: Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Casey Hayward, Micah Hyde, Davon House, Jarrett Bush, James Nixon
Safety: Morgan Burnett, M.D. Jennings, Jerron McMillian, Chris Banjo
Special teams: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Take this prediction with a grain of salt. With such an extensive injury list, the Packers are in danger of not being able to field the maximum 46 players on game day, a situation Mike McCarthy can never recall having. It’s possible the Packers suit up less than 46 or suit up 46 but having a player not play.
- Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Brad Jones, James Starks and Ryan Taylor have all been ruled out this week, meaning it’s guaranteed they won’t play.
- James Jones, Mike Neal, Casey Hayward and Jarrett Bush are all questionable for Sunday’s game, and the status for all four of them is up in the air. Mike McCarthy was quick to mention in his Friday press conference that there was still more than 50 hours until Sunday’s game, giving them time for additional recovery and a possible opportunity to play.
- Of the four players listed as questionable, Hayward seems the most likely to play based upon McCarthy not placing him in the same category as Jones, Neal and Bush.
- We have Bush listed as active, but it’s certainly possible the Packers don’t dress all 46, or he’ll suit up but not play. Jones or Neal could be in this same boat.
- With so many injuries, rookies Myles White, Jake Stoneburner and Josh Boyd all figure to be active for the first regular-season game of their careers.