Here's our best guess at predicting the Green Bay Packers' game-day roster for Sunday's Week 5 game against the Detroit Lions. Reminder, only 46 players can be active...
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive...
Quarterback: Aaron Rodgers, Seneca Wallace
Running back: Eddie Lacy, John Kuhn, James Starks, Johnathan Franklin, Michael Hill
Wide receiver: Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Jarrett Boykin
Tight end: Jermichael Finley, Andrew Quarless, Ryan Taylor, Brandon Bostick
Offensive line: David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, Evan Dietrich-Smith, T.J. Lang, Don Barclay, Marshall Newhouse, Greg Van Roten, Lane Taylor
Defensive line: Datone Jones, B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Johnny Jolly, Mike Daniels, Josh Boyd
Outside linebacker: Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Mike Neal, Nate Palmer, Andy Mulumba
Inside linebacker: A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Rob Francois, Jamari Lattimore, Sam Barrington
Cornerback: Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Casey Hayward, Micah Hyde, Davon House, Jarrett Bush
Safety: Morgan Burnett, M.D. Jennings, Jerron McMillian, Chris Banjo
Special teams: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Casey Hayward, James Starks and Greg Van Roten have all been ruled out for Sunday's game and officially won't play.
- All other players dealing with injury issues are listed as "probable" and are pretty much guaranteed to play, including Clay Matthews, Morgan Burnett, Jermichael Finley, Eddie Lacy, Johnathan Franklin, John Kuhn and Jarrett Bush.
- The final three inactive predictions were difficult decisions: Nate Palmer, Brandon Bostick and Michael Hill.
- With Lacy, Franklin and Kuhn all coming off various injuries, the Packers might keep Hill active as an insurance policy if nothing else.
- If there's any active prediction incorrect, it might be defensive lineman C.J. Wilson. The Packers have plenty of depth on the defensive line and Wilson has already been inactive once this season. It might come down to who makes the biggest special-teams contributions between Wilson, Nate Palmer and Brandon Bostick.
- Rookie offensive lineman Lane Taylor figures to be active for his first regular season NFL game with Van Roten out due to injury.
- Like Like
- 0 points