Here's our best guess at predicting the Green Bay Packers' game day roster for Sunday's Week 3 game at the Cincinnati Bengals. Reminder, only 46 players can be active...
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive...
Quarterback: Aaron Rodgers, Seneca Wallace
Running back: Eddie Lacy, John Kuhn, James Starks, Johnathan Franklin
Wide receiver: Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Jarrett Boykin, Jeremy Ross
Tight end: Jermichael Finley, Andrew Quarless, Ryan Taylor, Brandon Bostick
Offensive line: David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, Evan Dietrich-Smith, T.J. Lang, Don Barclay, Marshall Newhouse, Greg Van Roten, Lane Taylor
Defensive line: Datone Jones, B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Johnny Jolly, Mike Daniels, Josh Boyd
Outside linebacker: Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Mike Neal, Nate Palmer, Andy Mulumba
Inside linebacker: A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Rob Francois, Jamari Lattimore, Sam Barrington
Cornerback: Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Casey Hayward, Micah Hyde, Davon House, Jarrett Bush
Safety: Morgan Burnett, M.D. Jennings, Jerron McMillian, Chris Banjo
Special teams: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- The biggest question mark is Eddie Lacy (concussion), who was listed as questionable and still given a chance to play on Sunday, according to Mike McCarthy. The guess here is that the Packers will play it safe with Lacy. They'll head into the game with only two true running backs, but Randall Cobb will get a few snaps here and there, maybe even Jeremy Ross too.
- Fullback John Kuhn is doubtful (hamstring), and almost certainly won't play. The Packers will likely utilize their tight ends as H-backs. Andrew Quarless might get the bulk of that work, but Ryan Taylor and Jermichael Finley could be called upon to line up in the backfield more than usual as well.
- The secondary is thin with Morgan Burnett, Casey Hayward and Jarrett Bush all having been ruled out of Sunday's game with hamstring injuries, but the Packers are prepared, having gone into last week's game in the same situation.
- T.J. Lang (back), Johnny Jolly (neck), Jermichael Finley (toe) and Tramon Williams (knee) are all listed as probable, and all should play.
- C.J. Wilson figures to be active once again after being a healthy scratch last week, if for no other reason than injuries at other positions.
- Linebacker Nate Palmer is predicted to make his NFL regular-season debut.
- It's remains possible the Packers could sign practice squad running back Michael Hill to the roster before Sunday's game, but they'd have to cut someone in order to do so.
- Like Like
- 6 points