Here's our best guess at predicting the Green Bay Packers' game-day roster for Sunday's Week 12 game against the Minnesota Vikings. Reminder, only 46 players can be active...
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive...
Quarterback: Aaron Rodgers, Scott Tolzien, Matt Flynn
Running back: Eddie Lacy, John Kuhn, James Starks, Johnathan Franklin
Wide receiver: Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Jarrett Boykin, Myles White, Chris Harper
Tight end: Andrew Quarless, Ryan Taylor, Brandon Bostick, Jake Stoneburner
Offensive line: David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, Evan Dietrich-Smith, T.J. Lang, Don Barclay, Marshall Newhouse, Lane Taylor, Derek Sherrod
Defensive line: Datone Jones, B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Johnny Jolly, Mike Daniels, Josh Boyd, Jerel Worthy
Outside linebacker: Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Mike Neal, Nate Palmer, Andy Mulumba
Inside linebacker: A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore
Cornerback: Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Micah Hyde, Davon House, Jarrett Bush
Safety: Morgan Burnett, M.D. Jennings, Jerron McMillian, Chris Banjo, Sean Richardson
Special teams: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Quarterback Aaron Rodgers (collarbone), running back Johnathan Franklin (concussion/neck), defensive lineman C.J. Wilson (ankle) and linebacker Jamari Lattimore (quadricep) have all officially been ruled "out" of Thursday's game.
- The Lattimore injury has flown under the radar, but without him, the Packers have no backup at the inside linebacker position and it hurts the Packers special teams as well.
- Brandon Bostick (concussion) has been listed as "questionable" for the Thanksgiving Day game, giving him roughly a 50/50 chance to play. The guess here is that he sits.
- The list of players deemed "probable" for the Lions game is lengthy: Sam Shields (hamstring), Nick Perry (foot/ankle), Mike Neal (abdomen), Johnny Jolly (groin), Josh Sitton (back), Don Barclay (knee) and Marshall Newhouse (shoulder). All are predicted to be active.
- With such a banged-up offensive line, the Packers are predicted to have eight players active at the position for the first time this season.
UPDATE: Running back Johnathan Franklin has been placed on injured reserve with linebacker Victor Aiyewa signed to take his place. To make Aiyewa active on Thursday, the Packers will have to make another player inactive, perhaps safety Jerron McMillian.
- Like Like
- -6 points