Here's our best guess at predicting the Green Bay Packers' game-day roster for Sunday's Week 12 game against the Minnesota Vikings. Reminder, only 46 players can be active...
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive...
Quarterback: Aaron Rodgers, Scott Tolzien, Matt Flynn
Running back: Eddie Lacy, John Kuhn, James Starks, Johnathan Franklin
Wide receiver: Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Jarrett Boykin, Myles White, Chris Harper
Tight end: Andrew Quarless, Ryan Taylor, Brandon Bostick, Jake Stoneburner
Offensive line: David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, Evan Dietrich-Smith, T.J. Lang, Don Barclay, Marshall Newhouse, Lane Taylor, Derek Sherrod
Defensive line: Datone Jones, B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Johnny Jolly, Mike Daniels, Josh Boyd
Outside linebacker: Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Mike Neal, Nate Palmer, Andy Mulumba
Inside linebacker: A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore
Cornerback: Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Casey Hayward, Micah Hyde, Davon House, Jarrett Bush, James Nixon
Safety: Morgan Burnett, M.D. Jennings, Jerron McMillian, Chris Banjo
Special teams: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Five players are officially listed as "out": Aaron Rodgers (collabone), Don Barclay (knee), Nick Perry (ankle/foot), Casey Hayward (hamstring) and James Nixon (knee).
- Johnny Jolly is listed as "doubtful," giving him roughly a 25 percent chance of playing, and almost assuredly won't play.
- Sam Shields (hamstring) is listed as questionable, ostensibly giving him a 50/50 shot of playing, but probably won't after not practicing all week. After what happened with Hayward, the Packers likely won't want to take chances.
- Six players are listed as "probable" but all are predicted to play: Clay Matthews (thumb), Ryan Pickett (knee), Mike Neal (abdomen), Andy Mulumba (ankle), Micah Hyde (groin) and Evan Dietrich-Smith (knee).
- Hyde is the only one among the players listed as "probable" who missed practice this week, but indications are that the injury isn't serious. Of course, it appeared the same way with Shields last week and he surprisingly ended up on the inactive list.
- The situation at cornerback may appear thin, but as long as Hyde plays, the Packers should be fine. And even if he doesn't, Jerron McMillian can play the slot cornerback position in the nickel and dime defenses.
- Chris Harper is predicted to be active for the first time in several weeks, but could be the player to sit down if Shields happens to play.
- Like Like
- 1 points