Here’s our best guess at predicting the Green Bay Packers’ game-day roster for Sunday’s Week 11 game at the New York Giants. Reminder, only 46 players can be active…
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive…
Quarterback: Aaron Rodgers, Scott Tolzien, Matt Flynn
Running back: Eddie Lacy, John Kuhn, James Starks, Johnathan Franklin
Wide receiver: Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Jarrett Boykin, Myles White, Chris Harper
Tight end: Andrew Quarless, Ryan Taylor, Brandon Bostick, Jake Stoneburner
Offensive line: David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, Evan Dietrich-Smith, T.J. Lang, Don Barclay, Marshall Newhouse, Lane Taylor, Derek Sherrod
Defensive line: Datone Jones, B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Johnny Jolly, Mike Daniels, Josh Boyd
Outside linebacker: Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Mike Neal, Nate Palmer, Andy Mulumba
Inside linebacker: A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore
Cornerback: Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Casey Hayward, Micah Hyde, Davon House, Jarrett Bush, James Nixon
Safety: Morgan Burnett, M.D. Jennings, Jerron McMillian, Chris Banjo
Special teams: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) and Casey Hayward (hamstring) have been ruled “out” for Sunday’s game against the Giants.
- Nick Perry (foot/ankle) is listed as “doubtful” for the Giants game and is not predicted to play.
- Don Barclay (knee) and Andy Mulumba (ankle) are “questionable” and are the toughest players to predict whether they’ll play. The guess here is they won’t be available as the Packers err on the side of caution.
- Clay Matthews (thumb), Mike Neal (abdomen), Sam Shields (hamstring), Johnny Jolly (groin), Ryan Pickett (knee) and Evan Dietrich-Smith (knee) are all listed as “probable” and it’s predicted all of them will be available for duty.
- If Barclay is out, Derek Sherrod could see his first action in nearly two full seasons. He’s predicted to be active for the first time this season.
- Matt Flynn will be active as the team’s backup quarterback for the first time this season.
- After being inactive for the past two games, C.J. Wilson is back to being active for a defense that’s gotten slashed against the run as of late.
- James Nixon is predicted to get the last active slot ahead of Chris Harper, although it’s a close call.