Here's our best guess at predicting the Green Bay Packers' gameday roster for the Saturday's Wildcard playoff game against the Minnesota Vikings at Lambeau Field. Reminder, only 46 players can be active...
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive...
Quarterbacks: Aaron Rodgers, Graham Harrell
Running backs: John Kuhn, James Starks, Alex Green, Ryan Grant, DuJuan Harris
Wide receivers: Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, Randall Cobb, James Jones, Jarrett Boykin, Jeremy Ross
Tight ends: Jermichael Finley, Tom Crabtree, D.J. Williams, Ryan Taylor
Offensive line: Marshall Newhouse, T.J. Lang, Jeff Saturday, Josh Sitton, Evan Dietrich-Smith, Don Barclay, Greg Van Roten
Defensive line: B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Jerel Worthy, Mike Daniels, Mike Neal, Jordan Miller
Outside linebackers: Clay Matthews, Erik Walden, Dezman Moses, Frank Zombo
Inside linebackers: A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Rob Francois, Jamari Lattimore, Terrell Manning
Cornerbacks: Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Jarrett Bush, Davon House, Casey Hayward
Safeties: Charles Woodson, Morgan Burnett, Jerron McMillian, M.D. Jennings
Specialists: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Only two players have been ruled out for Sunday's game: Jerel Worthy (knee) and Jarrett Boykin (ankle).
- Everyone else on the injury report is probable: Jordy Nelson (ankle), Randall Cobb (illness), Clay Matthews (knee), Jermichael Finley (hamstring), James Starks (knee), Alex Green (knee) and Dezman Moses (hamstring).
- There shouldn't be much change from last week's game against the Vikings.
- Fans are voicing their opinions louder than ever that they want to see Donald Driver play, and it will be interesting to see if the Packers choose to make that decision. The question is, if Driver plays, who sits? Two options are tight end D.J. Williams and safety Jerron McMillian. The prediction here is that Driver remains inactive.
- Terrell Manning, probably the last player active for last week's game, earned his spot through solid special teams play. He does not deserve to be inactive for the sake of Driver.
- Now that Starks is back and listed as probable, he's probably a better option than Alex Green who the Packers feel his knee has worn down. Green could play if he has to, but the Packers just don't feel he has that explosiveness.
- It's hard to imagine the Packers choosing to reverse course on any of the other players predicted to be inactive: Davon House, Frank Zombo and Jordan Miller.
- Like Like
- 1 points