Here's our best guess at predicting the Green Bay Packers' gameday roster for the Sunday's game against the Detroit Lions at Ford Field. Reminder, only 46 players can be active...
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive...
Quarterbacks: Aaron Rodgers, Graham Harrell
Running backs: John Kuhn, James Starks, Alex Green, Johnny White
Wide receivers: Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, Randall Cobb, James Jones, Jarrett Boykin
Tight ends: Jermichael Finley, Tom Crabtree, D.J. Williams, Ryan Taylor, Andrew Quarless
Offensive line: Marshall Newhouse, T.J. Lang, Jeff Saturday, Josh Sitton, Evan Dietrich-Smith, Don Barclay, Greg Van Roten
Defensive line: B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Jerel Worthy, Mike Daniels, Mike Neal
Outside linebackers: Clay Matthews, Erik Walden, Dezman Moses, Frank Zombo, Vic So'oto
Inside linebackers: A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Rob Francois, Jamari Lattimore, Terrell Manning
Cornerbacks: Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Jarrett Bush, Davon House, Casey Hayward
Safeties: Charles Woodson, Morgan Burnett, Jerron McMillian, M.D. Jennings, Sean Richardson
Specialists: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Clay Matthews, Greg Jennings, Charles Woodson and Andrew Quarless have all been ruled out of Sunday's game.
- Both Sam Shields and Terrell Manning are listed as questionable, and both are predicted to be inactive. The Packers have decent depth at both cornerback and inside linebacker and can afford to allow Shields and Manning another week to get healthy.
- Everyone else on the Packers' injury report is listed as probable and are predicted to be active on Sunday, including Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, John Kuhn, T.J. Lang, Jerel Worthy and Mike Neal.
- There was really only one difficult roster decision and it came down to Johnny White, Mike Daniels and Vic So'oto. The prediction is that So'oto will be inactive, because he was only signed to the 53-man roster and is probably a little behind in the Packers' schemes. Although it certainly wouldn't be surprising to see the Packers de-activate either White or Daniels.
- The Packers would seemingly be thin at outside linebacker with both Matthews and So'oto inactive, but Frank Zombo will be active for the first time this season, and Jamari Lattimore can always play outside linebacker too.
- Three running backs are listed on the Packers' injury report: Kuhn (hamstring), White (illness) and Alex Green (knee). Not that any of the injuries are expected to prevent them from playing, but the only fully healthy running back is James Starks. That's a scary thought.
- Like Like
- 3 points